The Random Notes Thread

Off-topic discussions and other topics that can't fit anywhere else
serenesam
MBTI type: INTJ
Gender (M or F): M

Re: The Random Notes Thread

Post by serenesam » Wed May 30, 2018 8:48 pm

"So all that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed — only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle." – Nikola Tesla

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Wed May 30, 2018 9:07 pm

"So all that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed — only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle." – Nikola Tesla

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Wed May 30, 2018 9:31 pm

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:17 pm

serenesam wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 7:33 pm
crow wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 10:53 pm
I find it very curious and strange, that after a spectacularly poor start in life, I've done everything I possibly could to become the best I could be, above and beyond what might have reasonably been expected, yet I have - as I near the end of my life - no friends. While a mass murderer has many people falling all over themselves to be his friends, lovers, confidantes.

Being good seems not to be of much general value in this particular life.
Yes, even the Golden State Killer got to have a wife on top of all those rapes and murders. That speaks volumes!
Yep, the saying that life isn't fair is so true and not a cliche. So who cares if say for example, a God exists. :)

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:33 pm

crow
MBTI type: INFJ

Post by crow » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:35 pm

"Yep, the saying that life isn't fair is so true and not a cliche. So who cares if say for example, a God exists".

I care. Knowing the truth of this renders so many other questions irrelevant.

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:40 pm

crow wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:35 pm
"Yep, the saying that life isn't fair is so true and not a cliche. So who cares if say for example, a God exists".

Obviously, I was talking loosely or in a particular context.

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:43 pm

serenesam wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:40 pm
crow wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:35 pm

Obviously, I was talking loosely or in a particular context.
Look at it this way, I would care just that I wouldn't care all that much. Get it? In other words, degree is relevant.

crow
MBTI type: INFJ

Post by crow » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:49 pm

Well: dangle a carrot, and a rabbit is sure to strike.

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:36 pm

crow wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:49 pm
Well: dangle a carrot, and a rabbit is sure to strike.
If virtually everything is a lie or an illusion, the typical carrot is not mentally damaged. In fact, it is likely enhanced because the things in which such a carrot associates with never ages or degrades.

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:27 pm

1. A mental state that arises spontaneously rather than through conscious effort and is often accompanied by physiological changes; a feeling: the emotions of joy, sorrow, and anger.

Source: emotion - The Free Dictionary by Farlex

1. A strong feeling of affection and concern toward another person, as that arising from kinship or close friendship.

Source: love - The Free Dictionary by Farlex

Emotion is weakness in its passive state and love too is weakness in its active state.

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:33 pm

"Shrinking the nucleus accumbens in my limbic system, suppressing emotional memory in favor of higher rational thought, also expanding my Cerebral Cortex." - Peter Bishop, fictional character from the television series Fringe.

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:57 pm

"The sexual impulse, not to put it any higher, is a fundamental impulse, and starvation of it can be almost as demoralizing as physical hunger." - George Orwell

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:18 pm

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:00 pm

Yeah, the biblical version of Lucifer probably is ENTJ if it's true he was the most beautiful and the most intelligent.