The Random Notes Thread

Off-topic discussions and other topics that can't fit anywhere else
serenesam
MBTI type: INTJ
Gender (M or F): M

Re: The Random Notes Thread

Post by serenesam » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:26 pm

The movie trilogy of The Matrix has a lot of intelligent, insightful, and deep lines but I can’t help myself to note the following lines:

"Who are you?", "My name is Trinity.", "Trinity. The Trinity? That cracked the IRS D-base?", "That was a long time ago.", "Jesus.", "What?" "I just thought um...you were a guy.", "Most guys do.”

muahahahaha!
"So all that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed — only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle." – Nikola Tesla

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:32 pm

I have to wonder if people who take the red pill understand something that I would term soul determinism. If a masculine soul inhabits a female body and is considered to be a Thinker (T-type) in terms of MBTI, and she scores very high on an IQ test, does this mean she is as smart as a man who has the same IQ? Isn’t there a difference between Thinkers and Feelers (MBTI) in terms of their IQ? Keeping in mind that nothing is ever entirely correct or incorrect, biology, genes, and hormones can have a slight effect on masculinity or femininity and so I am not saying that people who take the red pill are totally wrong as well. It is sort of like what someone said on some other general MBTI forum about how everybody knows that ENTJ females are just men in disguise. Everything that has been said is actually incredibly complex in that maybe a P-type might be able to get it because it is analogous to an aspect/part of a “thing” that is overlapping with another aspect/part of another thing and it just seems impossible to separate or distinguish the overlap itself. So really, in essence, there is a compilation or some kind of combination of biological determinism and soul determinism.
"So all that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed — only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle." – Nikola Tesla

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:41 pm

Some people like to use the term biological determinism and genetic determinism interchangeably as if both terms have the same power and weight in terms of definition. I prefer the word biological determinism because somewhere somehow my intuition (I guess you can call it my introverted intuition or Ni in terms of MBTI) tells me that it is more accurate and that indeed, there is definitely a difference between both of those terms. As crazy as this may sound, I believe that everything that constitutes biological determinism may not necessary constitute or be derived (or be a derivative of) from what is typically called or termed genetic determinism. In other words, there may be a biological or physical feature that shows up on a person but has no direct or even indirect link to genes. Therefore, the word or term “biological determinism” deserves to be recognized as its own word and can “stand on its own two feet.”

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:33 pm

I have to wonder if Dr. Mike’s (of NF Geeks) proposal of “The Scholarchy” is similar to the proposal of a meritocracy.

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:41 pm

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:38 pm

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:05 pm

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:48 pm

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:33 pm

The television series Supergirl would have been ten times greater if all the actors/actresses were White.

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:19 pm

The Pareto principle (also known as the 80–20 rule, the law of the vital few, and the principle of factor sparsity)[1] states that, for many events, roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes.[2]

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_principle

So no, for people who think that a “cause” is the same and/or identical to an “effect,” they are basically wrong. :)

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:06 pm

Now, I know this probably won’t happen in my lifetime but I really hope one of these days, I won’t be visiting a museum holding portraits and/or paintings of beautiful White blonde or platinum hair with either blue or green eyes women. :)

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:10 pm

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:42 pm

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:45 pm

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:24 pm