The Brain.

Politics, sociology, philosophy, morals, ethics
crow
MBTI type: INFJ
Gender (M or F): M

The Brain.

Post by crow » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:14 am

"Look into my eyes. Look deep. That's it. Deeper...
Your eyelids are beginning to feel heavy. Very heavy. You are feeling drowsy. Drowsy and warm.

It feels good. Let yourself go...
There. That's nice, isn't it. Warm. Cozy. Safe.

I am going to suggest to you a new way of seeing things. You'll wonder why you never saw things
this way before. But that doesn't matter, as long as you see things this way now.

You are special. Very special. You've always known you were. Very, very special.
People have never understood you, and how special you are. But you have always known that you
were destined to save the world. It is up to you. Only you. You are the one.

The world is run by bad people. Hateful people. They control everything, and are the reason for
the problems of the world. They need to be cast out, and only you can do it.

This will not be easy, and so you are the only one who can do it. But you will have help. There
are millions of good people ready to protect you in the performance of your duty. You may hide
among them, as each of them will pretend to be you, because they love you, and love each other,
because all of them, and all of you, are good people, fighting for the right.

But the bad people, the ones who run everything, and who are responsible for all the world's
problems, are dangerous and powerful, so you must be careful and move with guile.

Never attack them directly, or you will appear to be one of them. Instead, employ passive-
aggression, so that they will show their true character by attacking you first, for no valid
reason.

Use words to undermine them. Let your many followers take up these words as a clarion call to
turn opinion against the evildoers. Opinion is your weapon. Once the opinions of the many are
turned against the enemy, the enemy will have no recourse. Thus you may move inside their
defenses, and infiltrate their systems, making subtle changes to the enemy's infrastructure and
institutions.

Only use violence when the defenses of the enemy have been neutralized, and when they have,
exercise no restraint to eliminate them.

All the world's subjugated peoples will be with you. Standing by you. Fighting with you. You can
not lose, for this is a just war, and one that must be waged. You will succeed.

When the bad has been cast out, leaving only the good, a new era will have dawned, for all of
mankind. Never again will there be unfairness, or prejudice. No racism, hate or bigotry. No
homophobia, mysogeny or intolerance. Utopia will have be created. And you, special one, will
have been its architect.

The whole world will exalt you as its savior!

I envy you, chosen one, but it is not for me to do this grand thing. I am but a tool to assist
you in your righteous battle against the legions of darkness. All glory is yours.

Remember this: listen carefully to the harmless-sounding words of your enemies, and leap upon
any word that conceals hatred beneath its sugary coating. Throw these words back at them
accusingly. Thus you will be empowered. Thus your enemies will be undermined and helpless.
Never waste time on trying to understand your enemies. There is nothing to understand. They are
evil, and must be eliminated.

You are ready, savior. Take up your sword and smite the enemies of all mankind.
Never rest until all are slain, and you stand victorious over their bodies.

Now, I will begin to count backwards from ten.
As I approach the end of my counting down, you will begin to awaken.
When I reach zero, I will snap my fingers, and you will become fully awake."

The monster began slowly counting down from ten to zero. As he neared the end, he allowed
himself a symbolic smirk of satisfaction. For he had no fingers. In fact he had not much of anything.
He bobbed, sluggishly, inside a tank of room-temperature nutrients, connected by myriad wires to
a bank of blinking machinery, festooned with multi-colored LEDs and meters.
He had not been alive, in any obvious sense, for a very long time.
And soon, now, neither would anybody else be.

The brain in the vat felt a deep satisfaction, as the savior of the world arose, dreamily, and
staggered off out the door, and down the corridor, to save the world.

owiekapowie
MBTI type: infp
Gender (M or F): m

Re: The Brain.

Post by owiekapowie » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:10 am

Oh now that is beautiful, a perfect brainwashed zealot sent to turn the massive hordes of blind fools to kill all those that think using tactics of the meek and little minded, I have to say the world is quite a frightening place isn't it

crow

Post by crow » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:41 am

It sure is. Fortunately I don't (s)care. It is what it is.
Best I can do is report it like it is, not as people wish it was. The rest is up to them.

owiekapowie

Post by owiekapowie » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:26 pm

So very true, if I were a different person Im sure I would react differently, but as it is I find myself based around family and friends, the needs of the few one might sat, I find it rather hard to worry about the world at large, in truth I tend to keep my nose away from its affairs, mainly in the fear that if I didn't I would be turned into nothing more than a cynical piece of skin with nothing to me save hatred and discontent

crow

Post by crow » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:08 pm

Very practical. I felt the same way for a long time, too. Now I don't worry at all. The immense value of detachment and non-reaction.
Humans are so very complex, don't you think?
I prefer being a simpleton with no yesterday, no tomorrow.
(:>

owiekapowie

Post by owiekapowie » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:49 pm

I have to believe that human complexity is about as cooler as trying to find every star in a galaxy, and that's not to say I don't love humans, I really do, they are interesting and wonderful and you can always learn something new from anyone, but on that same note I have to say the simple life is the best, enjoy your day for what it is, breathe deep as a kind breeze blows by and sleep after a good meal, it does no good to worry about all the big things, find your happiness and if you happen to be flung out your door on an adventure enjoy it, but there is no need to constantly work yourself into a tizzy over the big man on TV saying the world is ending, or this or that, it's much easier to help Betsy next door because shes pregnant, or to take lunch over to John because he lost his job, keep doing the little things and hey who knows maybe your little world might make it out alive

owiekapowie

Post by owiekapowie » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:51 pm

Oh lord the amount of grammatical things wrong in that block of text because of spell check.... I hate my phone sometimes

crow

Post by crow » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:13 am

Ah. And here I was thinking you were illiterate :)

owiekapowie

Post by owiekapowie » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:59 pm

Heh only when I haven't slept for 20 hours or more