Political Beliefs for INFP

Politics, sociology, philosophy, morals, ethics
crow
MBTI type: INFJ
Gender (M or F): M

Re: Political Beliefs for INFP

Post by crow » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:17 am

When you look at politics as a persuasive way of misrepresenting Reality, you really have to wonder what use it is.

BabyDragon
Site Admin
MBTI type: INTJ

Post by BabyDragon » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:53 am

Morphinedreams, but you are more liberal than conservative I would assume? I think most INFPs are.

Morphinedreams
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): F

Post by Morphinedreams » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:59 am

Baby dragon; My spine gets all cringy when i have to label myself (and at the same time - tetris is a beautiful game) but sure - more liberal than anything else so i guess i fit in to the assumption about infps political views. OMG i’m normal in the abnormal group 😄 hell... ;).

mr crow; from that point of view that is true and sadly there’s really no point in doing anything but for me it’s between giving up or act from a purpose that rings true to you nomather if it is ”really” true or not (and this is definitly something worth discussing by itself... even though there is no point)

Morphinedreams

Post by Morphinedreams » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:05 am

Baby dragon; how do you look att politics and political belief?

Crow; i would like to ask you the same question allthough i understand you partly already answered but i don’t want to be presumptious

crow

Post by crow » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:36 pm

When I was young, I leaned - as young people do - slightly more left than right.
As I matured - as more mature people usually do - I leaned slightly more right than left.
Any hanging-out on a preferred 'wing' is inherently unbalanced, and being a crow, I balance delicately between both of them.
Politics is a socially-acceptable way of being insane.
I am sane, and plan on remaining that way.

BabyDragon
Site Admin

Post by BabyDragon » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:59 pm

Morphinedreams wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:05 am
Baby dragon; how do you look att politics and political belief?
If you're asking about my personal political leanings, I am socially liberal and fiscally conservative, or as we Europeans would say socially and economically liberal. That means I respect people's rights to be whoever they want to be and do whatever they want to do as long as they don't affect me and others in a damaging way, have sex with whomever you wish, don't touch my pocket (not a fan of taxes), use whichever drug you want as long as you can stay sane and not hurt anyone.

BabyDragon
Site Admin

Post by BabyDragon » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:00 pm

In America that would be a libertarian and in Europe a classical liberal.

Morphinedreams

Post by Morphinedreams » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:29 pm

I wrote an essay, and than i edited it a hundred times... It only came back to -what are we? So... Both infj-crow and intj-dragon want balance? One as a more abstract - presenting oneself as an idea to permeate layers and one as a conclusion of groundrules - play nice or f-k off? Don't want to simplify to much but otherwise i will space out... And maybe one is not supposed to conclude without being asked to.... But i know infj will just ignore me if I'm annoying and intj will tell me straight to my face if i am 😄

crow

Post by crow » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:38 pm

After a lifetime of trying to be reasonable with one and all, this infj does, indeed, simply ignore almost everybody, rather than invite the mostly inevitable warfare that results from attempting to engage.
That said, I sometimes test as intj, entj, and almost everything else, depending on phases of the moon, height of tides, strength of wind, number of sunspots, and severity of herpes-attacks...
I get the overall impression that men live threescore years and ten, because that is how long it generally takes for men to get a clue.

And then they die.

Morphinedreams

Post by Morphinedreams » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:52 pm

Mr crow, I appreciate you not ignoring me though it may depend on todays moon-phase, sunspots or herpes. I do have trouble staying above the surface at the moment, i've gotten tangled up in the idea of good and evil and the paradox of valuing staying open and non-judgmental but realise that the people I'm open about does not do the same and therefore brake my values... I do wonder if it's any use at all. I do understand the part of limiting your care to the small group that matters but I'm still stupid enough looking for solutions that may help the larger number.

crow

Post by crow » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:01 pm

That's the incipient leftist in you, wanting to change the world / leave your mark / show the entire population of the world how caring you are, etc.
The conservative voice is very quiet, not prone to histrionics, and so - if one does not explicitly listen out for it - it gets swallowed up by the general racket from everywhere else.

The idea is to be able to help yourself, so that you avoid becoming a burden to all those you'd like to 'help'.
Help raccoons, if you need to help something. They need all the help they can get.
Very therapeutic! You soon learn just how much good your help does, for anything :)

Morphinedreams

Post by Morphinedreams » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:19 pm

sure, a lot of it may be true. But also about how we should manage this so i don't have to die in the company of people who believe their highpoint in life is a number of likes from when they took a picture of their dinner. We don't have any raccoons :(

crow

Post by crow » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:31 pm

No raccoons? That could be a problem, for sure. I don't know what else to suggest.