Political Beliefs for INFP

Politics, sociology, philosophy, morals, ethics
Randomosity
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): F

Political Beliefs for INFP

Post by Randomosity » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:44 am

I was curious.... is there a link between personality types and political beliefs? I am a liberal myself, but welcome all opinions. Is there any specific political belief that is common to INFPs, or Idealist Healers as they're sometimes known? Feel free to post your personal neliefs on here, but please do not resort to name calling or saying negative things about any group. Thanks!

jenbisca
MBTI type: infp
Gender (M or F): f

Re: Political Beliefs for INFP

Post by jenbisca » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:10 am

Liberal here, but feeling very weary of US politics in general. Seems both sides are bought and paid for, plenty of perversion and corruption. Sad, lacking human caring, with avarice abounding.

Nihon
MBTI type: Intj
Gender (M or F): F

Post by Nihon » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:37 pm

Liberal. I don't like that other people would try to say who can love who nor do I like it when people say science is evil. Basically, I just think people should be able to do anything they want unless something they want to do would negatively effect the life of someone else. I also think that people shouldn't need the government to tell them to help other people because they should just want to help other people themselves.

Tuevon
MBTI type: INFPt
Gender (M or F): M

Post by Tuevon » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:34 am

Liberal, but not in the traditional way. I am a democratic meritocrat. Although I suppose this post belongs more within the philosophy thread, my philosophies on society deals primarily with politics.

The logic behind a meritocracy is thus: If you work to earn benefits, then you become entitled to them. If you do not earn your benefits (should you be able), you do not share in the bounty—you might say it's a "Little Red Hen" mentality. Suppose you have a public transportation system, and an individual, let's just call him Andy. Suppose Andy chooses not to pay taxes for his county's bus line. Andy is then permitted to receive a certain limited number of bus passes (because life is crazy and unpredictable, taxes are slightly elevated for everyone to cover these incidents, and for another reason mentioned later) for that year. Taxes are also elevated so that society can be reflexive easier. Suppose as interest in a cleaner environment becomes popular, existing drafts of laws to construct public mass transit lines become popular the ballots. The role of democracy is critical, as societies within this system (suppose certain regions have different beliefs, interests, and needs) can vote on municipal, provincial, regional, and national levels. In this way as well, it promotes the idea that the people have more power in the progression of their communities.
You all are beautiful and wonderful people. God bless you all!

pessimist
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): M

Post by pessimist » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:53 am

Progressively liberal but I don't vote. No interest in politics.