INFP fears (phobias)

Non-MBTI psychology topics, mental disorders, human nature...
crow
MBTI type: INFJ
Gender (M or F): M

Re: INFP fears (phobias)

Post by crow » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:31 pm

Meditation can do wonders for overall calmness. Even the surface kind, that so many think of as meditation. Deep meditation can go as deep as the cosmos, and you'll never come back at all. At least, who you were before, never will.

dreamsandbones
MBTI type: infp
Gender (M or F): f

Post by dreamsandbones » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:20 am

Been practicing my slow and peaceful breathing...I think I've "meditated" all my life, only it was called daydreaming, tuning out or vegetating.

synapser
MBTI type: INFJ
Gender (M or F): M

Post by synapser » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:21 pm

I've recently been looking in the mirror and finding myself afraid that someday I won't recognize the person I see in the mirror someday. I think it's because I don't particularly like who I am today and have not had much success becoming the person I want to be. I feel most days like I'm being pulled further and further away from the life I dreamed of for myself and as much as I struggle to find that place where I'm working on the things I love to work on so that I can do the things I want to do for fun, I just keep getting swept further and further from my goals.

I'm also afraid of not having lead a meaningful life, or doing anything that matters with my life.