Any mental disorders INFPs? Social anxiety, depression?

Non-MBTI psychology topics, mental disorders, human nature...
sonamumm
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): F

Re: Any mental disorders INFPs? Social anxiety, depression?

Post by sonamumm » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:44 pm

Nihon wrote:I have an OCD. It's much better than it was when I was younger, but it still comes around to make life suck sometimes.
so how does it express itself? :)

Paot
MBTI type: infp
Gender (M or F): M

Post by Paot » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:21 am

Hey, this is my first post, and I thought, "why not start here"

I was diagnosed with schizophrenia when I was 19, (hey, you CAN spend too much time in your head :P )
I have made a website dedicated to it. Just telling stories from my past and so on. I feel almost privileged to have the experiences in my life as they have been. I would have never become the person I am now with a different past. If you want to check it out it is http://whynot.elementfx.com/.

I am really happy I found this forum. I really want to seek out people I can identify with.

-Paot

veneris-luna
Gender (M or F): F

Post by veneris-luna » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:07 pm

I've never been verified with having depression or anything like that, most likely because my parents would never allow me to see a therapist. We we're saving and I never really got any help from anyone and it always made me feel so pretentious claiming that i might be depressed in some way. That quickly resulted in me developing a low self image, I felt so bad for burdening my parents and everyone around me I wanted to feel a bit more satisfied with myself so that the sadness would go away. So I stopped eating. I didn't eat for months and I counted all calories and exercised every day. My parents never noticed my rapid weight loss and my overwhelming sadness. But I told my friend about it and she helped me a lot, but my parents never knew.

BabyDragon
Site Admin
MBTI type: INTJ

Post by BabyDragon » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:44 am

It's incredible to me that people can live with a depressed person and never notice something is wrong. I see it happen all the time. They don't want to acknowledge someone's feelings, unless they are good feelings.

Paot
MBTI type: infp

Post by Paot » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:00 pm

I agree with you, BabyDragon, but sometimes things are not as obvious as they seem. Yes, sometimes things go further than they should, but remember mental illness, all types, don't just happen in a day. They happen over week, months even years. Such slow progress makes it sometimes hard to see that someone is really mentally unwell. It is not so much about not caring. Think about it this way. When a room gets untidy, sometimes you don't notice until there is stuff everywhere. You notice because, well it is a mess. But up until that point of awareness, it is just life to ignore the misplaced magazine or cup.

Zetturn

Post by Zetturn » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:12 pm

Shizotypal Personality Disorder, It's ego-syntonic so I love it, and it's totally a bullshit. I also have been diagnosed with Schizoaffective depressive, I just got depressive when they typed me with this bullshit.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizotypa ... y_disorder
"A University of Colorado Colorado Springs study comparing personality disorders and Myers-Briggs Type Indicator types found that the disorder had a significant correlation with the Introverted (I), Intuitive (N), Thinking (T), and Perceiving (P) preferences"
-Last sentence
so what?! I'm INTP... Okey, that was the most dissapointing thing to me, I'm not an INTP :evil: I'm just hightly motivated working 24/7 for my goals with no synthetic stimulants, only natural (will and low self esteem that want to be big), Damn... I need to go to that state again....
Nihon wrote:I have an OCD. It's much better than it was when I was younger, but it still comes around to make life suck sometimes.
Sorry, But I have no Idea, how OCD can suck? It just make you a rich man with a nice career.

pessimist

Post by pessimist » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:52 am

I read somewhere recently that Histrionic Personality Disorder is supposedly more likely in INFPs.

I don't know how true that is.

Dusky Mystique

Post by Dusky Mystique » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:02 am

INFP with schizoaffective disorder here.

BabyDragon
Site Admin

Post by BabyDragon » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:12 am

wow, do you have any hallucinations? what is it like? do you take any meds?

and welcome to the forum!

Entity

Post by Entity » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:41 pm

Hm, that's interesting. Is it severe? And also, welcome, I'm Entity, and I have nothing left to say!
"A penny saved is a penny you keep." -Me

crow
MBTI type: INFJ

Post by crow » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:39 pm

My sole remaining disorder is being a human. Roughly this translates to Misanthropy. Which, depending upon where you stand, may actually be the epitome of excellent mental health.

margo26
MBTI type: 343677

Post by margo26 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:35 pm

Hello, everybody!
If you're fed up with routine working and dream about relax, this source may be quite important to help you recover yourselves and find some inspiration http://bigessaywriter.com/blog/how-natu ... depression

Entity

Post by Entity » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:33 am

Man, do I dream about relax. I used to ponder chilling, but that never worked for me.
"A penny saved is a penny you keep." -Me

akhilb

Post by akhilb » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:22 pm

Anxiety disorder and Bipolar disorder