Are you good at reading people emotions?

Non-MBTI psychology topics, mental disorders, human nature...
Entejay
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:51 pm
MBTI type: ENTJ
Gender (M or F): M

Are you good at reading people emotions?

Post by Entejay » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:02 pm

I think I am. In fact, it is one of my lethal weapons.

It is actually quite strange. I am not a feeler type. But I apparently can do it far better than a feeler can. In terms of the depth I mean. But I am much slower at doing that than they are. Or do they? What are your opinions?

I have hear that INFP's were not in "vibe" with others. Does that mean that they are poor readers of the emotions?

User avatar
crow
Posts: 748
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:19 am
MBTI type: INFJ
Gender (M or F): M
Location: Among trees.
Contact:

Re: Are you good at reading people emotions?

Post by crow » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:11 pm

Interesting, how you can equate the reading of emotion with lethal weaponry.
You've been spectacularly inaccurate, so far, at reading mine.

Entejay
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:51 pm
MBTI type: ENTJ
Gender (M or F): M

Re: Are you good at reading people emotions?

Post by Entejay » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:15 pm

crow wrote:Interesting, how you can equate the reading of emotion with lethal weaponry.
You've been spectacularly inaccurate, so far, at reading mine.

...SO FAR. That's the key point.

I have to agree that I have difficulty with reading yours. Maybe not. At least I know that you love to poke around to make people demonstrate something. You are not really someone who likes to think about things thoroughly. Perhaps you are just a lazy person. And most probably, not a very bright one either.

User avatar
crow
Posts: 748
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:19 am
MBTI type: INFJ
Gender (M or F): M
Location: Among trees.
Contact:

Re: Are you good at reading people emotions?

Post by crow » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:19 pm

It must be inconvenient to so often be so thoroughly wrong. But maybe that doesn't matter to you.

Entejay
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:51 pm
MBTI type: ENTJ
Gender (M or F): M

Re: Are you good at reading people emotions?

Post by Entejay » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:38 pm

crow wrote:It must be inconvenient to so often be so thoroughly wrong. But maybe that doesn't matter to you.
Just because you say I am wrong...that doesn't mean that I am really wrong.

If I was really wrong so thoroughly, then I would be inconvenient about it of course. But I doubt it is the case here.

User avatar
crow
Posts: 748
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:19 am
MBTI type: INFJ
Gender (M or F): M
Location: Among trees.
Contact:

Re: Are you good at reading people emotions?

Post by crow » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:41 pm

So long as you can still wonder...

Entejay
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:51 pm
MBTI type: ENTJ
Gender (M or F): M

Re: Are you good at reading people emotions?

Post by Entejay » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:50 pm

crow wrote:So long as you can still wonder...
More nonsense. I'm not even sure what you mean with that.

User avatar
crow
Posts: 748
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:19 am
MBTI type: INFJ
Gender (M or F): M
Location: Among trees.
Contact:

Re: Are you good at reading people emotions?

Post by crow » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:55 pm

You're not very sure what I mean by anything. I operate on a different plane to most, though, and that's probably a clue.
Rather than deem it nonsense, you might consider that not knowing something about something doesn't necessarily render it gobbledegook.

Entejay
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:51 pm
MBTI type: ENTJ
Gender (M or F): M

Re: Are you good at reading people emotions?

Post by Entejay » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:10 pm

crow wrote:You're not very sure what I mean by anything. I operate on a different plane to most, though, and that's probably a clue.
Rather than deem it nonsense, you might consider that not knowing something about something doesn't necessarily render it gobbledegook.
It is your burden to make sense. And my burden to dismiss it if you fail.

User avatar
crow
Posts: 748
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:19 am
MBTI type: INFJ
Gender (M or F): M
Location: Among trees.
Contact:

Re: Are you good at reading people emotions?

Post by crow » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:14 pm

I do make sense. It is the burden of the recipient to be able to make sense of sense.
I have no preference for being either understood, or misunderstood.
It is my experience that being understood is extremely rare.

Entejay
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:51 pm
MBTI type: ENTJ
Gender (M or F): M

Re: Are you good at reading people emotions?

Post by Entejay » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:20 pm

crow wrote:I do make sense. It is the burden of the recipient to be able to make sense of sense.
No, you do not make any sense. Your claims are not logical. It is your burden to be clear and understandable to the people around you if you want to qualify as making sense.
I have no preference for being either understood, or misunderstood.
Then you should have a preference for being understood. Because without it, any conversation with you defeats the purpose.
It is my experience that being understood is extremely rare.
I am not surprised.

User avatar
crow
Posts: 748
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:19 am
MBTI type: INFJ
Gender (M or F): M
Location: Among trees.
Contact:

Re: Are you good at reading people emotions?

Post by crow » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:22 pm

Logic has no value to me.
I tend not to give a toss about validation by others.
There is nothing I 'should' do, or I would already be doing it.

Entejay
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:51 pm
MBTI type: ENTJ
Gender (M or F): M

Re: Are you good at reading people emotions?

Post by Entejay » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:44 pm

crow wrote:Logic has no value to me.
LOL! You have no idea what are you talking about. Do you even know how does it look any lack of logic?
I tend not to give a toss about validation by others.
In that case, our conversation becomes totally obsolete at this point.
There is nothing I 'should' do, or I would already be doing it.
I think there is. We all do. Our survival depends on it.

User avatar
crow
Posts: 748
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:19 am
MBTI type: INFJ
Gender (M or F): M
Location: Among trees.
Contact:

Re: Are you good at reading people emotions?

Post by crow » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:46 pm

Understanding nothing, the fool feels himself superior.
Superior, one wonders, to what?

Entejay
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:51 pm
MBTI type: ENTJ
Gender (M or F): M

Re: Are you good at reading people emotions?

Post by Entejay » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:49 pm

crow wrote:Understanding nothing, the fool feels himself superior.
Superior, one wonders, to what?
I am lost...again.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest