Self Help.

Non-MBTI psychology topics, mental disorders, human nature...
crow
MBTI type: INFJ
Gender (M or F): M

Self Help.

Post by crow » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:19 am

If you could help yourself, you wouldn't need to.

Entity
MBTI type: INFP

Re: Self Help.

Post by Entity » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:34 am

“I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, 'Where's the self-help section?' She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.”
― George Carlin
"A penny saved is a penny you keep." -Me

crow

Post by crow » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:52 am

That's the spirit :)

crow

Post by crow » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:41 pm

There's an alarming incidence, throughout the Western world, of masses of people who don't know a thing about themselves, or their inner workings, obsessing about 'changing the world' and showing/teaching everybody else how they 'should' be.
A far more useful, and eminently more practical approach, would be to aim at self-development thereby becoming individually well-adjusted and mentally stable, before taking on the entire planet.
Seems obvious, really. But I suppose to do that, it would indicate to the individual that there might be something to adjust, or improve about themselves, and to such people, naturally, the very idea of such a thing is ridiculous.

Entejay
MBTI type: ENTJ

Post by Entejay » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:25 am

crow wrote:There's an alarming incidence, throughout the Western world, of masses of people who don't know a thing about themselves, or their inner workings, obsessing about 'changing the world' and showing/teaching everybody else how they 'should' be.
A far more useful, and eminently more practical approach, would be to aim at self-development thereby becoming individually well-adjusted and mentally stable, before taking on the entire planet.
Seems obvious, really. But I suppose to do that, it would indicate to the individual that there might be something to adjust, or improve about themselves, and to such people, naturally, the very idea of such a thing is ridiculous.
I think there are alot of factors that you do not take into account. If you think by any stretch that people on the higher echelons are somewhat "the most developed" the "deepest" people out there...you are terribly mistaken. Therefore, taking on the world is not something that requires competence.

I do agree that there is a good point in dealing with the self development. That is if you want to become some benevolent leader of some kind. But I deeply convinced that becoming A leader has nothing to do with competence....or even benevolence.

crow

Post by crow » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:15 pm

I'm very rarely terribly mistaken. Probably never. You must still be describing yourself, and making use of me to do so.
That's fine, by the way. Nothing new or unusual on an internet forum. Feel free.

Entejay

Post by Entejay » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:01 pm

I used "IF YOU THINK" there. I didn't say that this is what you actually think. Do you have reading problems mister?

crow

Post by crow » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 pm

Not that I am aware of. You seem to, though.
Mind you, I see the whole picture, when I read, write, or consider anything, as opposed to going ballistic over specific words.
Words are symbols, not things in themselves. They make up a message. It is the message, not the words, that count.
You'd be amazed at how few people know that.

Entejay

Post by Entejay » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:31 pm

So you want to have recognition simply because you claim to know something that I don't. Nope. It doesn't work like that. And so far, I haven't seen anything that would justify your claim.

I do know when people talk from whole picture. They do not make such gross mistakes that could lead to misunderstandings that are so diametrically opposite.

I think you are just hiding behind authority. Sorry, you have got to become more convincing than that.

crow

Post by crow » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:42 pm

Why? I don't aim to be convincing, about anything, to anyone. I make no claims. I state what is true. And I don't think.
It is good, though, that you recognize authority when you see it. That's a start. It's not something you see very often.

Entejay

Post by Entejay » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:53 pm

Of course you try to be convincing. If you didn't, you wouldn't be having this conversation right now. You simply wouldn't care. You state what is true? Why should I recognize what you say as true? Simply because you say it? Maybe you need to understand the difference between "true" and "truth"? Because "true" can be in anyones mind (such as yours). But truth, can't be inside ones mind. I think I talk about the truth, while you talk about what is true. And you don't think? I don't even understand what do you mean by that.

I think I have been clumsy in my previous statement, and allowed some misunderstanding there (like you said, words are just what makes up the message, it's not the message itself). What I mean by "authority" is not that I recognize you as a figure of authority. But I see you as someone who is ATTEMPTING to make arguments as if they are some kind of authority. I do not recognize you as an authority (which you so desperately try to establish for yourself in your favor...hmmm.)

crow

Post by crow » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:58 pm

I've spent enough time on you. Reflect upon it, or don't. You are an identical clone of millions of lost ones.
Get out of your brain and live life. It doesn't happen inside your head.
Nice talking to you.

Entejay

Post by Entejay » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:27 pm

You can't really expect me to fret over over the nonsense that you put above. Like I said, it will take much more than you did so far to sway me away.

I do not think that I am clone. I do have my own opinions. And I do lead people in certain way (perhaps not as much as I want them to be...I can give you that much), principally I am on the right path (you think otherwise...but I see no good reason in what you just put above).

Nice talking to you too. Even though you put all that nonsense. I appreciate the effort though.

owiekapowie
MBTI type: infp
Gender (M or F): m

Post by owiekapowie » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:35 pm

My lord, I have to say I quite agree with what crow said in his original post, people have lost their way in a constant want to change everything into something "better", I can't say I agree with anything that entejay has said since his first post, you come off as a person that only sees one way and will only accept things in that way, and that isn't saying that crow isn't set in his way, but he seems to be much more open to actual thoughts rather than completely set in a specific way..... I guess what I'm trying to say is that I agree with crow, and it seems that entejay is just somewhat of an ass that wants everyone to view things his way.... either way, while I don't want to lose people I would really like both of you to either ignore each other or find a way to be less combative, this is a quiet place that is supposed to be comfortable, not a place to yell at each other because you have such opposing views

Entejay

Post by Entejay » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:12 pm

owiekapowie wrote:My lord, I have to say I quite agree with what crow said in his original post, people have lost their way in a constant want to change everything into something "better", I can't say I agree with anything that entejay has said since his first post, you come off as a person that only sees one way and will only accept things in that way, and that isn't saying that crow isn't set in his way, but he seems to be much more open to actual thoughts rather than completely set in a specific way..... I guess what I'm trying to say is that I agree with crow, and it seems that entejay is just somewhat of an ass that wants everyone to view things his way.... either way, while I don't want to lose people I would really like both of you to either ignore each other or find a way to be less combative, this is a quiet place that is supposed to be comfortable, not a place to yell at each other because you have such opposing views
So how am I supposed to do any of that? How am I supposed to ignore him when I am trying to understand what he is all about. How am I supposed to less combative if this is what it takes to have a discussion with him? And if this is the place where people do not yell at each other because they have an opposing views...then I suppose nobody have any views here to begin with and late to oppose each other? So you do all agree with everything? Or you do not care about anything?