If you could change type

Non-MBTI psychology topics, mental disorders, human nature...
Kevs
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): M

Re: If you could change type

Post by Kevs » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:15 am

Ditto. Amen.

themonocle
Gender (M or F): F

Post by themonocle » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:30 pm

I can tell you what I love and value about other types. I love ENFPs for their ability to inspire on such a large scale level. I love ENFJs for their ability to lead a large amount of people to a social ideal. I love ENTPs for their wacky sense of humor. I love INTJs for the long talks over coffee and books. But... the one personality that mystifies me, terrifies me, captures my imagination and my heart is ENTJ. They are so amazing to me. Seeming so hard on the outside and they are capable of the most genuinely tender moments.

I wouldn't change my personality for someone else's. I like me. But I do know who can capture my attention and hold it spellbound. That is until they say something really crass and break the stinkin' spell, but I think they do that on purpose.

sanity07

Post by sanity07 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:35 pm

No I wouldn't change my type at all. However if forced to change, I would probably become an INFJ.

Artsu
MBTI type: NiFe

Post by Artsu » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:23 am

I like Ni too much. I wouldn't mind trying Fi/Te though.

Any other Ni type would be fine, or Fi-Se.

Gender (M or F): o

Post by 2011 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:55 am

I would wanna be an EI-NS-FT-JP. The balance of all types.

Maskara
MBTI type: FiNe

Post by Maskara » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:49 am

INFJ for sure.

Noriko
MBTI type: INxx

Post by Noriko » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:34 am

If I HAD to change: INxJ, or maybe ISxP. I can't imagine being extraverted AT ALL. =3 I'm too far on the dark side.
But for kicks: ExTP

Would I change? Perhaps not. I do wish I was more of a solidified type; I tested INTJ but I'm not so sure about that anymore. It's all confusing nowadays.
Last edited by Noriko on Fri May 04, 2012 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Torp

Post by Torp » Fri May 04, 2012 1:17 am

Must be interesting to become an INTJ. Just to feel, or not feel, how it is to just not care about anyone at all. How it is to be extremely logic.
But I wouldn't change for more than a day.
I'll figure it out later.

Randomosity

Post by Randomosity » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:47 am

I wouldn't change. I'm proud of who I am. Though my introvertedness probably stems from my autism (yes, I have Asperger's Syndrome), I have discovered thay after fourteen years of trying to crack the code of normal people that I am happier sitting in my room, listening to music, dreaming and shutting myself off from human contact. I can appear normal if I wish (another perk of being INFP- being able to put myself in other's shoes and thereforr being abnle to guess shat they'll do and the appropraite response), but this is exhausting and I only do it with close friends or peers held in high esteem by me. So, no, I wouldn't change.

"You say 'now what's your style amd who do you listen too?' Who cares? While that rat race, ladder climbing, fake smile face ain't got nothing on me, yeah, yeah." -Foster the People

Nihon
MBTI type: Intj

Post by Nihon » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:53 pm

I'm certainly not the kind of person who sits around wanting to be someone else all the time. I've always known that's a waste of life because you could make lots of positive changes in yourself with all the time you wasted wanting to be someone else. But if there was a personality type that I could just be all of a sudden, it would definitely an INFJ. They may not have the easiest lives because they're usually very stressed and stuff, but they're so kind and smart and driven. The depth of intelligent caring and kindness. I want to be an INFJ - I don't mean that I just want to get that on the test, because getting that doesn't mean that I would really be like one. The functions can be really different. :/ I want to have the same functions as an INFJ. INFJs are so awesome. :)

Nihon
MBTI type: Intj

Post by Nihon » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:12 pm

Noriko wrote:I do wish I was more of a solidified type; I tested INTJ but I'm not so sure about that anymore. It's all confusing nowadays.
I always come out and INTJ, but my functions are different. I'm an Fi dominant like INFPs and I have a lot of Si like ISFJs/ISTJs. The functions that the Myers-Briggs are based on aren't necessarily the same as the functions of each person with the type. You should try taking the Jung functions test on the similarminds site (http://similarminds.com/classic_jung.html). Then you can match up your dominant, auxiliary, tertiary, and inferior functions to other types and see which ones have similarities to yours. If the functions don't make sense, just look up the "functions and fence building mbti" and they should become clear. Here's a list of the those functions, should you ever get around to taking the test. :)

NTJ scientist Ni/Te/Fi -Se
INTP thinker Ti/Ne/Se-Fe
INFJ protector Ni/Fe/Ti -Se
INFP idealist Fi/Ne/Si -Te
ISTJ duty fulfiller Si/Te/Fi -Ne
ISTP mechanic Ti/Se/Ni -Fe
ISFJ nurturer Si/Fe/Ti -Te
ISFP artist Fi/Se/Ni -Te

ENTJ executive Te/Ni/Se -Fi
ENTP visionary Ne/Ti/Fe -Si
ENFJ giver Fe/Ni/Se -Ti
ENFP inspirer Ne/Fe/Te -Si
ESTJ guardian Te/Si/Ne -Fi
ESTP doer Se/Ti/Fe -Ni
ESFJ caregiver Fe/Si/Ne -Ti
ESFP performer Se/Fi/Te -Ni

Entity

Post by Entity » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:19 pm

Old topic, I know, but I would never change my own type. I would, however, change other peoples' types. Maybe some more INxx, a little less EST. Those guys are annoying. I love being INFP, but since the West exalts the E, S, T, and J qualities, things can be really difficult.
"A penny saved is a penny you keep." -Me

Zetturn
MBTI type: INTJ

Post by Zetturn » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:50 pm

ESTP - Why not, but first... I need to become ESTP to stay ESTP, They kinda cool but now I Have no time 4 that. Though again if I already ESTP that's OK, but Im not

Lsjnzy13

Post by Lsjnzy13 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:04 am

I would definitely change over to ESFP or ENFP. Sometimes I want to become ESTJ, completely opposite of what I am now, just see how I would see the world then.

Entity

Post by Entity » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:05 am

I think changing to ESTJ would be great in circumstances of work ethic. I would love to flip the ESTJ switch when I have to do work. I think ENFP would be really fun, too.
"A penny saved is a penny you keep." -Me