anxiety symptoms

Non-MBTI psychology topics, mental disorders, human nature...
Nihon
MBTI type: Intj
Gender (M or F): F

Re: anxiety symptoms

Post by Nihon » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:39 pm

I was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder when I was in 8th grade, so I've had a lot of stress issues in my life. I can also get get stressed extremely quickly. But I've never had a panic disorder. I know a couple people who do though. They said that they often feel like their going to die all of a sudden. It seems like a really unfortunate problem to have. I can't say exactly what you're supposed to do but I'd suggest maybe trying yoga classes or zen things? That would help you calm down and control your breathing, which I think is supposed to be a pretty big problem during panic attacks. These could help you calm down, breathe, and relax. Even if it doesn't work, it's worth a try, right? :)

Parsenry
MBTI type: MBTI
Gender (M or F): M

Post by Parsenry » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:47 am

I am exactly where I want very much and very rare nowadays.

crow
MBTI type: INFJ

Post by crow » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:02 am

Deep breathing, meditation, Zen, certainly do work. Taken far enough, you'd be amazed at what 'work' can mean.
But even done casually, these things are very beneficial.

KingAlfred
MBTI type: INFP

Post by KingAlfred » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:36 pm

Nihon wrote:I was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder when I was in 8th grade, so I've had a lot of stress issues in my life. I can also get get stressed extremely quickly.
But I've never had a panic disorder. I know a couple people who do though. They said that they often feel like their going to die all of a sudden. It seems like a really unfortunate problem to have. I can't say exactly what you're supposed to do but I'd suggest maybe trying yoga classes or zen things? That would help you calm down and control your breathing, which I think is supposed to be a pretty big problem during panic attacks. These could help you calm down, breathe, and relax. Even if it doesn't work, it's worth a try, right?
:)

The best way to recover if u r in the middle of a full blown panic attack and u r hyperventilating is to actually breath into a brown paper bag.............believe it or not.....place over nose & mouth & keep breathing into it!! This will correct your hyperventilation rapid breathing after a few minutes!! It works as I needed to do this when I experienced an attack many moons ago......and there wasnt a Dane in sight!!! :lol:
Alfred the Great (Born AD 849 – Died 26th October AD 899) (Old English: Ælfrēd, Ælfrǣd, "elf counsel" or "wise elf") was King of Wessex from AD 871 to AD 899.

crow
MBTI type: INFJ

Post by crow » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:06 pm

Danes come in all shapes and sizes, all forms and spectres.
The last Dane I met was Jesus incarnate.
I kid you not.

Villalta
MBTI type: INTP
Gender (M or F): m

Post by Villalta » Wed May 24, 2017 6:37 pm

croew wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:06 pm
Danes come in all shapes and sizes, all forms and spectres.
The last Dane I click here for the Phallosan Forte and Jesus incarnate.
I kid you not.
I listen to some of those calming relaxation things on youtube and they actually help calm me down. Plus exercise helps.
Last edited by Villalta on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Non
MBTI type: INFP

Post by Non » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:58 am

Could you explain more and how you feel it?