Snip, Snip! How does your hair effect your confidence?

Non-MBTI psychology topics, mental disorders, human nature...
Kiddo
MBTI type: INTP
Gender (M or F): F

Snip, Snip! How does your hair effect your confidence?

Post by Kiddo » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:17 pm

My mom just had her hair cut and I think it looks chic but she thinks she looks like a man. WRONG! I think that she's beautiful, truly.
I had to cut off all my hair in middle school because of a lice problem. It grew back. I found out that I stilled liked myself afterwards, the ironic thing was my mom was the one who suggested the idea. Instead of destroying my confidence, I grew confident. If my personality was the best thing I owned then I would trick it out and appreciate the friends who loved me for it. A lot of people are attracted to confidence and people who think they're beautiful. Natural is always in, I learned.
How about you? How does your hair effect your life? How much time do you spend on it? Why? If you had to cut off all your hair how would that make you feel?
Also, should I get my hair cut to match my Mom's? Since, she feels all alone and all and I have no problem with being treated differently :?:
Proud proprietor of first-kiss insurance.

BabyDragon
Site Admin
MBTI type: INTJ
Gender (M or F): M

Re: Snip, Snip! How does your hair effect your confidence?

Post by BabyDragon » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:03 pm

My hair is pretty much the same since I was born. I don't generally place much importance on my looks and my hair is not an exception. I try to keep it looking good but I don't want it to look like I've made an effort. It's similar with clothing. I don't want to look like I care about appearance too much.

Randomosity
MBTI type: INFP

Post by Randomosity » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:20 am

My hair is very long. If I cut it off I would be devastated. I have never died, and do not follow fahions with it. In a way, it is my self- confidence, however, because it shows I do not care what other epole think of me for not following trends. Same reason why I don't wear makeup. I think you should do whatever you wany with your hair.
Has anyone else noticed us INFPs tend to not care about fashion and and what other people think of us?

Entity

Post by Entity » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:11 am

I just got a haircut today and it is a lot more comfortable and visually pleasing. Also, when I was eight to ten years old, I had really long hair. In retrospect, I looked ridiculous. My hair is naturally straight, so instead of looking like a medieval guy or a rock star, I looked like a young girl. Physically, that is, I wasn't running around in typical pink skirts and the like.
"A penny saved is a penny you keep." -Me

crow
MBTI type: INFJ

Post by crow » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:54 am

My hair isn't something worth worrying much about any more, since there's so little of it, and what there is, is grey.
My wife loves me. And that's really all nice hair is about, anyway, don't you think?
Confidence doesn't really come from what others think of you, based on how you look.
Still, when you have young, thick, hair, it doesn't hurt to make the best use of it.
Gets you by until it's gone :)

Entity

Post by Entity » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:39 am

My father, who balded early, always makes jokes about his hair, because he doesn't care what people think. I feel the most confident with this haircut, because it looks more adult, and doesn't feel like a shag carpet on my head. Then you see the guys with ten gallons of hair gel, making elaborate styles, and keeping up with trends. As of now, that doesn't even bother me. It's just funny.

potatotoro

Post by potatotoro » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:52 am

i cut my hair really short for the summer so i would be cooler, but now its at the awful length.
i don't think it effects my confidence any though, i can always just pull it back and forget about it. :D
and by cooler i don't mean "cooler" but like cooler you know what i'm saying?

Entity

Post by Entity » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:03 pm

Yeah, cooler as in temperature.

potatotoro

Post by potatotoro » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:20 pm

ya, it also looked cooler.

Entity

Post by Entity » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:08 am

I can assume so. :)