Is bipolar, schizoaffective, and depression a Darwin trait

Do you haz relationshipz? Do they huurt?
synapser
MBTI type: INFJ
Gender (M or F): M

Is bipolar, schizoaffective, and depression a Darwin trait

Post by synapser » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:24 pm

I'm extremely depressed because I was diagnosed with Bipolar type schizoaffective disorder in November of last year. The love of my life also left me while I was in the hospital. I have this persistent thought that these mental health disorders will make romantic relationships impossible for me. I've done ok attracting women in my life, but nothing ever lasts because I inevitably lose my intuition about my imagination and start to exhibit behaviors in response to imaginary things and events.

I want to have kids, but I don't think I will ever find a woman who will bear my children. The only woman who I ever thought I wanted kids with is the one that left me last November.

I overheard two guys talking about bipolar in the coffee shop months ago and my mind keeps going to what one of them said. He said "Bipolar, we don't want that in the gene pool" and now I find myself wondering a lot, should I just give up on having a family and children because eventually the human species is just going have this phenotype die out.

Would you have a family with someone who knew they had a chronic disease at age 32?

BabyDragon
Site Admin
MBTI type: INTJ
Gender (M or F): M

Re: Is bipolar, schizoaffective, and depression a Darwin trait

Post by BabyDragon » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:20 am

Are you treating it in any way?

I think soon enough we will have the option to edit genes of our offspring so we'll be able to wipe out genetic diseases and bad genetic predispositions to mental problems, addiction...