Have you even shut someone out of your life for good?

Do you haz relationshipz? Do they huurt?
Fluffy
MBTI type: ENFJ
Gender (M or F): F

Re: Have you even shut someone out of your life for good?

Post by Fluffy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:30 pm

No, not completely. I did so to a friend for 2 weeks after I told them that I didn't want to them again but after that I felt guilty and called them up and we patched things up pretty well.

JackMc
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): M

Post by JackMc » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:00 pm

I have come very close. The reason the door wasn't slammed completely is they backed off when they realized I would. Immediate relatives.

I know it sounds callous, but I'd rather die alone than die pissed off.

Joseph00001

Post by Joseph00001 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:21 am

Yes. I was in a relationship with an INTP female. My life was disintegrating before my eyes and all I felt most of the time when I was around her was deep, horrendous emotional pain. And she never seemed to notice any of it but continued to verbally assail my family who DID notice it and was doing everything they could to HELP me.

I let her go. No contact. And I can't ever let her back in my life. She drained every drop of life from me. Whether she knows she's that way or not, I cannot put myself back in that trap. It would be psychological suicide.

Entejay
MBTI type: ENTJ

Post by Entejay » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:52 am

I used to care about people on such level. Believed that there should be something about them that I should care. Not anymore.

Today I just care about things that work. Because the only thing that I care is what works.

Gender (M or F): o

Post by 2011 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:42 am

I probably have.

CelticWindMelody

Post by CelticWindMelody » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:35 pm

I shut out a woman who had once been my best friend because I realized she was controlling and territorial. She was content when I was single or in an unstable relationship, but when I had a good man, she tried to wreck the relationship by hitting on him and lying about it. She used the "I was here first" line. That was enough for me.

Nihon
MBTI type: Intj

Post by Nihon » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:24 am

No, I could never do that. There are people that I think really need to work on being kinder but won't. I'm nice to those people but I just don't have any respect for them. If they can't try to be nice to others then I don't think they're good people. So there are people I don't respect even though I'm nice to them but I could never shut someone out of my life. I don't think I could do that even if I tried.

blue stone

Post by blue stone » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:12 am

Yes. I shut someone out when they're violating my space or privacy or when I think there's not much more to enjoy in the relationship.

jumpinjak
MBTI type: 345
Gender (M or F): m

Post by jumpinjak » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:43 am

Entejay wrote:I used to care about people on such level. Believed that there should be something about them that I should care. Not anymore.

Today I just care about things that work. Because the only thing that I care is what works.
thats exacty how i think too in all honesty, 2014 what a frikkin year its been for mental health, the "List just got bigger" :o
manic depressionpsychological disorders list