how does the realization of the infp identity changed your life?

Do you haz relationshipz? Do they huurt?
Ellis
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): M

how does the realization of the infp identity changed your life?

Post by Ellis » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:31 pm

i always try to get myself grown through "INFP"as a 18 yearold college freshman,try to grow in an INFP way,and find the career that suits me the most(my major is Financial Engineering but i really suffer from it as i didn't have too many choices when i pick my major), im not smart enough to find my own way,so i wanna know how you guys changed your life by knowing yourself as an INFP.How do you dealing with your loneliness and anxiety(if you had) how to grow as an INFP?

synapser
MBTI type: INFJ

Re: how does the realization of the infp identity changed your life?

Post by synapser » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:12 am

College is a place to explore your options. The first two years in most universities allow you relatively easy alteration to a different major. The best advice I can give you about picking a career is find something you're passionate about and will want to be a part of your profession 5 to 10 years from now. You are smart enough to find your own way because you're smart enough to ask yourself the question. If financial engineering is not for you look at your other options again. Look at options you don't think your smart enough for. College coursework should teach you what you need to know to be successful and it will if you believe in yourself and take initiative in learning.

Realizing my personality was suited to helping people, consistent with the advocate prototype infp described online, helped me see engineering was not the best place for me. It helped me see medicine was a better use of my scientific mind. Of course almost 5 years after graduation I'm no where near where I planned to be, so what do I known

Ellis

Post by Ellis » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:06 am

synapser wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:12 am
College is a place to explore your options. The first two years in most universities allow you relatively easy alteration to a different major. The best advice I can give you about picking a career is find something you're passionate about and will want to be a part of your profession 5 to 10 years from now. You are smart enough to find your own way because you're smart enough to ask yourself the question. If financial engineering is not for you look at your other options again. Look at options you don't think your smart enough for. College coursework should teach you what you need to know to be successful and it will if you believe in yourself and take initiative in learning.

Realizing my personality was suited to helping people, consistent with the advocate prototype infp described online, helped me see engineering was not the best place for me. It helped me see medicine was a better use of my scientific mind. Of course almost 5 years after graduation I'm no where near where I planned to be, so what do I known
thank you so much i do appreciate,i'll go find my passion,and try to find myself at the same way,thank you

BabyDragon
Site Admin
MBTI type: INTJ

Post by BabyDragon » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:03 pm

I don't really know how INFPs feel but I did have my bout of adolescent troubles, depression and not being able to fit in. I just waited for it to go away, played a lot of video games, avoided my problems, which I do not recommend. Seeing a shrink is a good idea usually. Better earlier than later in life.

Or just asking someone in real life who is older than you and has their life going smoothly, someone with some wisdom.

Morphinedreams
Gender (M or F): F

Post by Morphinedreams » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:43 pm

The realisation that i had a type and not just being weird, of not being alone... Like finding a purpose (even though i haven't). Instead of wondering how the hell my mind was wired (but still do) i begun to feel strong and able to use my "superpowers" instead of hiding them. I respect my own need of withdrawal instead of being angry with myself for not being able to handle to much social interaction. Now it's so much easier to narrow it down - i don't use every tool available because it doesn't suit me. There is one important thing no matter the person; if you want to grow you need to realise it is Your responsibility. Get all the help you can and need but you have to Want it. Sometimes the anxiety and depression is to overwhelming and so it is but there will be moments/windows where you can brake the chain, either by distraction as suggested above or with small tasks or physical activity (or anything). The will to do that when everything is a black storm is found in the will to treat yourself with love and respect and the will to do That i partly found in the realisation that i am not broken - just different... And in a really cool way ;). It will still be a rollercoaster but maybe you will treat yourself more kind?