Help! I'm dating an ENTJ!

Do you haz relationshipz? Do they huurt?
BashfullBetty
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): F

Help! I'm dating an ENTJ!

Post by BashfullBetty » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:01 pm

Hi guys

I'm so tired googling for more information about ENTJ's, I'm in a relationship with one and I feel like I'm the only one giving any love and affection. And to me, affection is important - even though she says she would do anything for me. And I know she would, it's her way of showing that she cares... I'm not talking about PDA, even when we are alone - if I get one kiss or her holding my hand for a while it's a lot! Okay that's me venting... She is great and very understanding always willing to talk things out and compromise - i'm not the best talker so this usually ends up in a monolgue.... Maybe she doesn't understand my level of affection, and then I sometimes feel like i'm smothering her.

How do I deal with this, and what can I do on my part?

Sometimes it feels like she is mad or upset, and I also don't know how to start that conversation.... I just hope this doesn't mess up our relationship because at the moment it really feels like it is - and I do think it's my fault. Help..what can I do :(

BashfullBetty

Re: Help! I'm dating an ENTJ!

Post by BashfullBetty » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:43 am

No comments, anyone? :(

Entity
Gender (M or F): M

Post by Entity » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:57 am

As much as I want to respond, I haven't dated before, so I can't say much.
Last edited by Entity on Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A penny saved is a penny you keep." -Me

crow
MBTI type: INFJ

Post by crow » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:39 am

I know there's a good reason for that, but it still looks hilarious, there on the page :)

BabyDragon
Site Admin
MBTI type: INTJ

Post by BabyDragon » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:11 am

ENTJs have a problem with expressing affection. They may love someone deeply but their extroverted feeling function is literally the last one on the list. Try to remind her that compliments and words of affection don't cost anything but they still mean much. It can change her life too. It leads to better relationships with people because people like to hear compliments and words of affection.

elysia

Post by elysia » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:41 am

I'm married to an ENTJ. He does have difficulty expressing words of affirmation, but he's quite affectionate. So I can't relate there. However, they do process differently. While we lead with what feels right, they lead with logic and what is most efficient. My husband is always encouraging me to speak my mind and stand up for myself (which is something I've always struggled with). He can always tell when something is bothering me, and he would prefer it if I spoke my mind. Even if it's something he did or said that I have any sort of issue with. I think ENTJs appreciate blunt honesty. My advice is: Don't worry about making her upset by bringing the issue up. Be honest and upfront. Say your thoughts as clearly and connected as you can.