Send Help

Do you haz relationshipz? Do they huurt?
infpwonderer
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): F

Send Help

Post by infpwonderer » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:38 pm

Last edited by infpwonderer on Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crow
MBTI type: INFJ
Gender (M or F): M

Re: Send Help! INFJ/INFP Communication Trouble

Post by crow » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:04 pm

You'll never understand an INFj. If you could, you'd be one.
They are spectacular, mercurial, and difficult.
'Losing your mind' is the best thing you could do, but probably not in the way you are losing yours.
You sound a bit neurotic, in your post, which is not uncommon. INFjs don't like neurotics.
Best advice: be his friend, and leave it up to him to bite, or not. You'll never force his hand, and if you try, he'll end up hating you.
There are easier fish in the sea.

infpwonderer
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): F

Post by infpwonderer » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:25 pm

crow wrote:You sound a bit neurotic, in your post, which is not uncommon. INFjs don't like neurotics.
Best advice: be his friend, and leave it up to him to bite, or not. You'll never force his hand, and if you try, he'll end up hating you.
There are easier fish in the sea.
Respectfully, you don't know enough about me to call me neurotic. I think anyone in my situation would feel confused and a bit chaotic. I didn't really say anything that implied that I'm trying to force his hand. I've actually been doing the opposite - waiting for him. I was simply asking for insight. Thank you for yours.

crow
MBTI type: INFJ
Gender (M or F): M

Post by crow » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:34 pm

That's a neurotic reply. There's a whole world, out there, beyond the interpersonal labyrinths that people are so prone to get hung up in.
You take stuff personally, and that's always going to be a problem, until you get past it.

Aphorism:
Giving someone "time and space" doesn't mean reluctantly waiting for them to be as you expect them to be.