General relationship advice or romance advice needed

Do you haz relationshipz? Do they huurt?
Non
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): M

General relationship advice or romance advice needed

Post by Non » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:17 am

So here I am at a church bowling event, I'm single but a healthy kinda single , not a destructive single where you go into a relationship with anyone who shows a little bit of interest , no I like to think it out. I'm here being all loud and extroverted and having a good time but like all social events they make me feel kinda sad in a weird way. I always long for someone to just share this happy feeling with on a deeper level than a friend and it just makes me feel like this experience is empty. Am I some kind of paradox ? Often feeling like I can be alone but other time dreaming of some magical connection to another human being.

The night goes on , we're all having fun. I look out into the crowd of people like I often do searching for the people who are being the most quiet. I notice a person of the opposite sex sitting alone , we make brief eye contact and I look away and am brought back from the daydream. After processing this information I realize the reason that made me look in that direction was they were looking at me first. Is this some kind of cliché love story ? No lol, because I'm not going there and making a fool of my self. But how can I be over here being out of my shell and I can't even approach someone I see every week at church? The night moves on, we laugh , we shout, we dance, we sing, we are jolly and we are losing ourselves to the great feeling of the empty experience of fun.

I feel like a little boy in an adult males body, I feel like kid. I have some kind weird strength though , this individuality I have is not something I see everyone with , my experiences of failure, sadness, mood swings, self-esteem have all passed and I have learned how to be strong in a way that is authentic, not ignoring the fact I will battle with these again some day but I'll be more ready than the last time and so forth. It's time to clean up , we have been here for about 90 minutes, as I am putting my bowling shoes away that I rented another girl from some other group makes long eye contact with me. Hmm , so maybe I'm as bad looking as I thought, however I wasn't even concerned with this because I'm content with my body. However , I ask myself how do I should people this internal beauty I have ? I'm bad at first impressions however impressions for me improve with time. And approaching someone isn't what I do so I strategically compensate for this by placing myself near the person and not being direct. Some people out there I have a natural connection with , I wonder if this connection is internal or external? So many questions and some many false worries fueled by a passing feeling of the vanity of unauthentic social interaction that is popular among us.

Non

Re: General relationship advice or romance advice needed

Post by Non » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:40 am

Okay so maybe I do need people but just not as many , I'm starting to think I'm an ambivert, whenever I take the Myers Briggs test I get a very low introvert percentage.

HansLowell

Post by HansLowell » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:12 am

You have the same problem as me. I can't know if I am a ENFP or a INFP my result always switch my personality usually it stand between 47-49% Extraverted and 51-53% introverted. And in real life I find myself more shy, introverted but everyone I speak to, say I am extraverted.

Entity

Post by Entity » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:30 pm

I'm not sure what I can tell you as far as advice goes.
"A penny saved is a penny you keep." -Me

HansLowell

Post by HansLowell » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:50 am

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/qu ... hy-does-it

I found this I think it might answer a part of the problem, probably not fixing it tho