What do you fall in love with?

Do you haz relationshipz? Do they huurt?
Pam
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): F

What do you fall in love with?

Post by Pam » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:19 pm

Which qualities? Does physical appearance play a role?
Site about the istp personality: http://www.istps.com/

BabyDragon
Site Admin
MBTI type: INTJ
Gender (M or F): M

Re: What do you fall in love with?

Post by BabyDragon » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:59 pm

If I said appearance wasn't important I'd be lying. A person doesn't have to be really hot but she has to arouse me sexually.

I usually fall for cute girls with an irresistible smile. Most people fall for the fatal sexy women. I like women that glow with positive energy.

ambi
MBTI type: infp
Gender (M or F): f

Post by ambi » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:53 pm

vibrations, words and sounds do it for me. it dosent matter what ppl look like. almost all creative/positive qualities have a high vibrational background that i pick up on, and would make me fall in love, . the stronger the more potent.

Pam

Post by Pam » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:20 pm

ambi wrote:vibrations, words and sounds do it for me. it dosent matter what ppl look like. almost all creative/positive qualities have a high vibrational background that i pick up on, and would make me fall in love, . the stronger the more potent.
That's fascinating. When I think about it now, that's a big factor for me too.

You wouldn't believe it but it takes me 5 minutes to know if a person is right for me or not.
Site about the istp personality: http://www.istps.com/

ambi

Post by ambi » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:20 pm

Pam wrote:
ambi wrote:vibrations, words and sounds do it for me. it dosent matter what ppl look like. almost all creative/positive qualities have a high vibrational background that i pick up on, and would make me fall in love, . the stronger the more potent.
That's fascinating. When I think about it now, that's a big factor for me too.

You wouldn't believe it but it takes me 5 minutes to know if a person is right for me or not.
yes, when you become aware of resonance you tune out the mind and rise to the realm of being, if the hunchback of notredam played me a beautiful tune on his bells i would see many a dickie bird :cry:

ambi

Post by ambi » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:35 pm

BabyDragon wrote:If I said appearance wasn't important I'd be lying. A person doesn't have to be really hot but she has to arouse me sexually.

I usually fall for cute girls with an irresistible smile. Most people fall for the fatal sexy women. I like women that glow with positive energy.
i think its natural for a guy to go for appearance first. also its pretty fascinating to me when guys get put off these drop dead gorgeous women who's vibes say 'i'm cooler than you'
take megan fox for example, she's absolutley stunning but to me her vibes speak poverty

Phil
MBTI type: ISFP

Post by Phil » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:54 am

I'm usually turned off by drop dead gorgeous women because they're for the most part vain as shit.

the boss
MBTI type: INFJ

Post by the boss » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:01 am

no. it doesn't. I don't love what I find beautiful. I find beautiful what I love. This also crosses gender for me.

morningsea

Post by morningsea » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:36 am

Personality, intellect, understanding, common interests, a shoulder to cry on, sensitivity to one's needs and emotions, understanding of one's personal space and uniqueness, care, knowing who I am as a person (understanding who I am, not what they want me to be), then, physical attractiveness.
Somehow I attract wrong guys for me (it does not mean that are not right for somebody else) because they first see physical then emotional and intellectual if they are capable of seeing the latter or some idealized version of a woman they want. I want to be accepted for who I am not what I am to them. Sometimes both women and men are seen as objects first not as subjects - individuals.
:(

Kevs

Post by Kevs » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:14 am

Definitely positive, and emotionally accessible. Open minded. I'd be lying if physical wasn't something to consider. Kind is good. But I fell in love with the wrong women in the past, because it was based on childhood issues. I'm past that now, hopefully...I think I am. Too much pain will keep anyone from making another mistake, if there is enough of it. I am in a place where I have to reconsider what is important. When you get older, you see how your early life was influenced by things you didn't realize you had no control over at the time...what seems like an unshakable goal of finding a soulmate fades a bit. Other things take priority...sure the idea of soulmate still attracts, but one needs to consider the possibility that it may not occur, at least during this lifetime.

lucyinthesky

Post by lucyinthesky » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:54 pm

a quiet likability and an ease with being different.
physical appearance doesn't really have any say for me. the people I fall in love with often tend to be good looking, but not incredibly so, and that isn't what attracts me.

katiefoxy

Post by katiefoxy » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:24 pm

Has to have humor
An empathetic way of understanding my emotions (my extrovert bf is working on this) he tells me he's not a mind reader but I read his all this time sometimes I know what he wants before he wants it. And I take his inability to read me.sometimes as a lack of love but it's not I'm learning to communicate things and that makes it real when spoken .usually an issue resolves faster.

So I'd say to u fellow Introverts to Learn to write down or at least talk openly.i struggle with internalizing and shutting down everyone . Still do it just not so dramatic more poet then emo way of thoughts .

And if ur anything like me u will be told "stop being so negative"
I can't help I'm a perfectionist and I'm not going to make a neg a positive when it's not. Altho I can take a breath and try to do better cus that's life.

veneris-luna

Post by veneris-luna » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:20 pm

I must admit appearance is a big factor but something that I don't usually see. Someone that reminds me of a movie or a book I read, or a character in that book/movie. Like they'll always wear that exact thing not just the regular hoodie or they'll have that distinct hairstyle. Just something that really individualises them, some strangely pinpointed knowledge that really intrigues me. Intrigue in general, someone that can take me to the places only my mind can take me to. Someone who can tie reality with dreams, knowingly or not knowingly. Someone who can really make me feel like I'm glowing in the dark with the stars, like a scene I read in a book. It's oddly specific and can be interpreted as really pretentious but someone who is confident in their wit or mind can really grasp me. And it's also amazing if they can interpret it, verbally or physically. Someone who makes me feel alive when everything is dead.

Someone that I can just sit down with and not having to think and is open to new things. Someone that can really take control, just take care of things. Somebody responsible but knows how to well have fun.. I guess.

Part

Post by Part » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:25 pm

I'm attracted to introverted thinkers (or otherwise seemingly serious/aloof people without many friends), but I'm worried that I might be too idealistic and not see them for who they are. I want to break them and make them more responsive to love rather than have them remain 'cold' as they might otherwise be (you know, somewhat like an overplayed cliche love story). I'm afraid they may reject me on the basis that I become affectionate when I am comfortable with them.
I tend to like their sense of humor.
I take physical appearance into account to a certain degree. It matters, but not as much as other factors. However, I tend to be drawn to males slightly taller than average (not sure why, especially considering that I am pretty short).

blackbee045
MBTI type: ds

Post by blackbee045 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:38 am

I attract wrong guys for me (it does not mean that are not right for somebody else) because they first see physical then emotional and intellectual if they are capable of seeing the latter or some idealized version of a woman they want. I want to be accepted for who I am not what I am to them. Sometimes both women and men are seen as objects first not as subjects - individuals.
GuL