INFP relationships

Do you haz relationshipz? Do they huurt?

Which types are you most compatible with?

INTJ
10%
ENTJ
9%
ISTP
3%
ESTP
1%
INFJ
13%
ENFJ
9%
ISTJ
3%
ESTJ
1%
INFP
15%
ENFP
7%
ISFP
5%
ESFP
3%
INTP
6%
ENTP
3%
ISFJ
1%
ESFJ
1%
I love ice-cream!
12%

Total votes: 102

Tusker
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): F

Re: INFP relationships

Post by Tusker » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:46 pm

Well My Husband is an INFJ...

So I put INFJ

Storme

Post by Storme » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:14 pm

As far as I know, I am most compatible with I love ice-cream! B)

Radfemhedonist

Post by Radfemhedonist » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:05 am

Currently I'm in a relationship with an ENTP. We've been seeing each other for about 7 months, He fascinates me. He's a cocky know-it-all and that's attractive to me. He has no fear. For us the relationship has been working pretty well.

He's blunt and brilliant and he can make me blush fairly easily with some of the stuff that just falls out of his mouth. What I like most though is how sharp his mind is and debating the hundreds of ideas that he effortlessly comes up with. Keeping up can be challenging but it's fun and boredom is the death knell in most of my prior relationships.

I've also given up on the myth of a soulmate. I am basically looking for someone who shares my values or at least the ones I'm willing to share with someone else and someone I can talk to who understands what the hell I'm talking about, because I know I'm not all that easy to talk to and someone I can have fun with. My T/F can fall one way or the other depending on the situation so intellectually, I'm well suited for an NT. As I've gotten older, my F has become more dominant and that's good. It's progress and that's another thing we both have in common, we both are trying to be better than what we are now and we both want to be in a relationship that is moving forward in terms of personal growth. As long as we can both stimulate each other and bring out the best in the other, it'll work out. If we stop growing or progressing towards something healthy for both of us, we'll walk away and move on. As an INFP, that's been hard for me in the past and initially it was difficult to talk to him about some of the things I was feeling. It was too intense and I overanalyse things and take things too personal. I really had to get over that with him. I sometimes wonder how my touchy feelyness doesn't just freak him out but he's laid back and realistic about things. I really love that about him. I can be myself and the more I do that the better it gets.

Randomosity

Post by Randomosity » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:10 am

I'm confused. I recently found out my two best friends are ISFP and ENFJ. Now, I get how me and my ISFP friend could work- from what I've heard, we usually tend to get along well. But me and my ENFJ friend supposed "contrast" each other. Yet our relationship has never been strained, we have always been very open with each other, and we've been friends for five years this last June. Is it possible that because we counterbalance each other, that maybe opposites really do attract? Or in this case, contrasts. Also, awkward moment: my nun is the dame personality type. How come our relationship can be do straighned at times if ne and my friend's works so well?

Kevs
Gender (M or F): M

Post by Kevs » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:52 pm

I have no idea. I don't know what types past lovers, current friends are. How do you know?

dankings
MBTI type: infj
Gender (M or F): m

Post by dankings » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:30 am

ok dear INFPs I have an INFP girlfreind been together 4 yrs now she has been battling through some stuff she did something that really made me angry the kind I rarely get which is I completely shut you out which I did coz she would not have stopped so did not pick calls or read her texts for several days , well she just attempted suicide I got on of those weired hunches out of no where decided to just check my phone found a text saying she is sorey and she just took a bunch of drugs and my not live through the night , walked to her place found her drugs all over the place lying in the bathroom got her to hospital she is out of danger now but she started snapping at me over the past few weeks and was getting worse ,angry all the time causing fights and just being down right nasty , then apologises cries and says she does not know why it keeps happening and she is extremely full.of guilty that making it even worse for her I have no Idea how to get through to her to let go of the guilty and stuff inside as she gets withdraw and does not say whats really bothering her till she starts snapping and getting nasty any opinions on how to handle this and help her .

Hailey
MBTI type: Infp

Post by Hailey » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:57 pm

:)
Kiddo wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:09 pm
From an INTP standpoint, I think that INFPs are the most adorable people I could ever hope to know. I like to praise my INFP friend because she gets so blushy and even sweeter. I think I'd like to date a sweetie INFP if he wouldn't mind.

Hailey
MBTI type: Infp

Post by Hailey » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:13 am

Well hi! I just joined this forum specifically to share my experience.So I have been with a guy from some while.I didn't know much about these all types and stuff before.When I found he was INTJ,I was kinda surprised.I have just a basic information about these types so I typically thought someone having a T should be like poker face,no feelings.But he really was passionate and intense.However as time passed I paid closer attention and alot if stuff came up that made me curious.He had like this whole other personality bottled up with secrets and darkness.So I being well very much not afraid of darkness became unbearably interrogative.
Now I kind of feel that he really appreciated the fact that even after seeing the most strangest displays I just stayed and not with an open weirded out mouth but a fascinated expression.But that was all.
He didnot want me to run after answers and try to find why.
So I kind of am like ...something happens and that jabber questions button of mine is pushed so I get extremely dramatic and overly affectionate to try and get a response but it ends up in grunts and "shut up already you don't have to understand everything" kind if stuff.
Heh by the way,INTJs are just so damn cool.I kind of feel like I obssess alot about reasons but I really dont know how to stop.Sometimes the attempts do get fruitful though.Just sometimes.