What types are your nearest friends?

Do you haz relationshipz? Do they huurt?
Torp
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): M

What types are your nearest friends?

Post by Torp » Fri May 04, 2012 2:32 pm

Alright, I'm pretty new to this personality types thing, but I've made all my closest friends take the test, just out of curiosity.
(This personalitything seems to be more popular in the USA than it does here in Norway) Anyhow, I've been wondering what types we're drawn to as friends.
My closest friends are INTJ, ENTJ, ENTP and ISFP.

So here is my question: Do intuitive types automatically "attract" eachother? Is the "N" the strongest combining letter?
I'll figure it out later.

BabyDragon
Site Admin
MBTI type: INTJ

Re: What types are your nearest friends?

Post by BabyDragon » Fri May 04, 2012 2:48 pm

I believe it is. I can connect well with SPs but most N's fascinate me. The conversations just flow more easily.

Randomosity
Gender (M or F): F

Post by Randomosity » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:17 pm

I had all my friends take the test too. While I don't remember the exact types, there was no single unifying factor. For example, my best friend is ISFJ. I had some extroverts, some iNtuitives, etc. Etc.
Maybe we're just a diverse group? I'll ask if they can take it again and actually write down the results this time.

LawlzRose

Post by LawlzRose » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:06 am

All of my best friends are INTJs

4Eyes

Post by 4Eyes » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:35 pm

My closest friends are INTP (Two of them), ENFP (Two of them) and ISFP. I guess I'm really attracted to other P types! They're also the only people I will allow to hug and cuddle with me for extended amounts of time, or have any desire to, as I have trouble with intimacy of any sort.

The one I'm closest to is one of the INTPs, she's like the sister I never had and we balance each other out. We also bounce our ideas off of each other and can talk about anything and everything. We can go from having very deep discussions to joking around and visa-versa at the drop of a hat. I'm pretty much the only person she allows unlimited hugs and cuddles.

The other INTP is my ex and we're still very close. We broke it off because of circumstances beyond our control, but that hasn't stopped us from keeping in contact. We started off as friends and were always just as much friends as we were a couple, so nothing feels very different there. He'd let me have unlimited hugs and cuddles too, because he knew that was one of the things I needed. I'm very glad he's still in my life, regardless of whether or not we can be together.

The first ENFP is my cousin and we have a very... interesting relationship. I can only tolerate her for so long, sadly, as she's just SO extroverted. There's a couple of years that separate us and she's still in her mid-teens, which plays a big role in shaping the relationship as well. When we were younger we could not stand each other at all, always fighting. She's hurt me quite a bit in the past and some might think I'm crazy for being friends with her, or even trusting her for that matter. Thing is: I don't entirely trust her, but she's always been like a little sister to me, albeit an annoying one in younger years, so I find myself being very protective towards.

The other ENFP I simply adore! We have a very good understanding of each other and we're always goofing off together. She's one of the few people whom I feel like genuinely cares and isn't afraid to show it unconditionally. She's one of the few people I've kept in such close contact with since high school (the other being the first INTP). I actually introduced her to her girlfriend (the ISFP) and they're getting married next year. They're inseparable now and it's adorable!

The ISFP is hilarious and goofy, but she's also got this deepness to her that's so... different. Hard for me to define, really. She has some pretty interesting views on things and I like discussing spirituality with her. We're so similar, but she's got this... earthiness to her that I lack. She's also very artistic and can draw really well. I wish I had that sort of talent!

blue stone

Post by blue stone » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:08 am

My closest friends are ISFJ, ISFP, INTP, and INFJ.

lucyinthesky
MBTI type: infp
Gender (M or F): f

Post by lucyinthesky » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:36 pm

I have a bunch of friends but my only close friend is (I think) an ISFP. intps and entps are fun to be around, but I just can't get to know them that well.

camila
MBTI type: MTR

Post by camila » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:12 am

I really do understand. I've already been singled out as the "weirdo" so normally when I meet new people I'm a totally different person. I feel like I take many faces you know... like my "people" face, which is usually reserved yet joyful. My "family face" which is happy and joking. I feel like no one knows the real me. Thoughtful, sensitive, imperfect, afraid, awkward, kind, caring, depressed. It hurts a lot, but I hope that maybe talking about it will help a litte cause all of you understand somewhat.

Entity

Post by Entity » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:48 pm

I don't have a direct "best friend", because I never pick favorites, but I have an ENTJ, ESFP, ISTP, XXXX, and ENFP. I mostly prefer Intuitives due to their abstract ways, and I'm proud of having found an ENTJ, because those guys are pretty rare. My ISTP friend might be any other type, but the I and P are definite. This X friend I haven't known long enough to identify. My brothers are INTP and ENTJ, which often gets annoying seeing as I'm a (mostly) lone Idealist. I don't think I could stand an SJ as a friend for very long, because growing up around so many Rationals, I've developed more of a utilitarian aspect than many Idealists. Guardians are just too traditional and regular for my tastes. Artisans are cool, but a lot of them are loud, and I don't like loud.

EDIT: Turns out my brother is actually an ENTJ. Neat-o
Last edited by Entity on Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A penny saved is a penny you keep." -Me

Kyroxia

Post by Kyroxia » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:06 am

Isfj <even though we don't talk a lot together, I really like her and we casually chat and care
Esfj <simply an awesome friend, so caring, she really helps me in life and teach me stuff like how to be normal in society and how to use make up (she didn't force me )
And infj <haven't talked to her much these days but we are chill together, she's so sweet and stuff yet also the swaggiest person I know
Haunting memories

crow
MBTI type: INFJ

Post by crow » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:01 pm

ISFJ. My wife. Best friend. Genuine, loving, caring, appreciative. She adores me. Can't imagine why. Thinks she has the best deal going. So do I.

owiekapowie
MBTI type: infp
Gender (M or F): m

Post by owiekapowie » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:51 pm

Intj, he is a good man and a good friend, we see the world completely differently but there is a mutual respect between us for the views we have.

crow
MBTI type: INFJ

Post by crow » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:31 pm

From what I've seen of INTPs, they get my vote for the general ability to let things (and other people) be what they are without all the judgment and condemnation you get so much of, everywhere you look.

Entity

Post by Entity » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:20 pm

Yeah, INTPs aren't the most outwardly judgmental people.
"A penny saved is a penny you keep." -Me

Lsjnzy13

Post by Lsjnzy13 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:50 am

I managed to get all but one of my friends to do the test.
It seems that I'm attracted to social butterflies because 3 of my closest friends are ESFP. Many of my friends also mistype me as ESFP.
Apart from the 3 ESFPs my friends' types are ISFJ, INTJ, ENTP, INFP, and one person who gets a different type every time he does the test (so far he has gotten ENFJ, ENTJ, ESTJ and ISFJ... just to name a few).
As for the one person who flat out refuse to do the test, I think she's an ESFJ or ENFJ.