INTP friends?

Do you haz relationshipz? Do they huurt?
Dreamer00
MBTI type: INTP
Gender (M or F): F

INTP friends?

Post by Dreamer00 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:40 am

Hey everyone! I'm an INTP and I've been wanting to ask you guys a few questions for ages!

I have two INFP friends. They are both very different but they share many similar qualities. Mainly, I think it's interesting how they make me feel, when I'm with them I feel like a I can relax and not constantly worry about suppressing emotions. It's like there is this different side to me, a side that's cute and sweet and likes flowers and happy endings and only with INFP's can I be this other side. (Lol, only with INFP's would I want to be that side). Anyway, my point is I think I need INFP friends, I don't need to see them everyday, but I need them. There isn't anyone else who can help me with my emotion stuff :/

I want to know:
Do you like INTPs? Why yes/no?
Do you have INTP friends?
Are you close to them?
Do you find them to be inconsiderate or insensitive?

Please be honest and don't worry about offending me or anything! ;)

Maskara
MBTI type: FiNe
Gender (M or F): M

Re: INTP friends?

Post by Maskara » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:26 pm

I like INTPs. :) I absolutely love it when they shatter my beliefs with the bittersweet truth.

...They don't like me :'(

Dreamer00

Post by Dreamer00 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:09 am

Maskara wrote:I like INTPs. :) I absolutely love it when they shatter my beliefs with the bittersweet truth.

...They don't like me :'(
what can I say, shattering others beliefs is a most amusing hobby :roll:

Surely, that wouldn't stop us from making great friends for INFP's right? ..rright?

Maskara

Post by Maskara » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:51 am

I kid. :)
Of course it would be wonderful for an INTP and an INFP to have some sort of real friendship.
Dreamer00 wrote:I want to know:
Are you close to them?

Please be honest and don't worry about offending me or anything! ;)

Yes. Because they will tell you the truth. Even if it sucks. Even if it fucking sucks.

Yes. A couple.

Not as much as I want to.

Cold bastards externally, insane internally(just like us). Highly generous, fucking hilarious. :)

Many INFPs would be willing to be your comfort zone if they deem you as a friend, I guess. We would be glad to help you with your emotional problems, as long as they are authentic, as long as we feel like we are really helping out.

Dreamer00

Post by Dreamer00 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:45 am

Maskara wrote:

Yes. Because they will tell you the truth. Even if it sucks. Even if it fucking sucks.

Yes. A couple.

Cold bastards externally, insane internally(just like us). Highly generous, fucking hilarious. :)

Many INFPs would be willing to be your comfort zone if they deem you as a friend, I guess. We would be glad to help you with your emotional problems, as long as they are authentic, as long as we feel like we are really helping out.
Interesting. I don't make a habit of telling the truth unless I think I have something to gain.. and if I value the other person, if they have something to gain.
Insane, yes. Cold, maybe. Hilarious, no. I hear to sometimes but only from the extremely weird, ha. There are so many variations in types and I'm guessing my questions were lacking. This INFP thing has been bugging me for ages. Unfortunately, knowing me, I'll be thinking about this for the next few months... Happy times ahead!

What's most amusing about the emotional things is that opening up isn't usually necessary, they usually cheer me up without them knowing it. It's great. :)

Maskara

Post by Maskara » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:31 pm

Dreamer00 wrote:Interesting. I don't make a habit of telling the truth unless I think I have something to gain.. and if I value the other person, if they have something to gain.
Insane, yes. Cold, maybe. Hilarious, no. I hear to sometimes but only from the extremely weird, ha. There are so many variations in types and I'm guessing my questions were lacking. This INFP thing has been bugging me for ages. Unfortunately, knowing me, I'll be thinking about this for the next few months... Happy times ahead!

What's most amusing about the emotional things is that opening up isn't usually necessary, they usually cheer me up without them knowing it. It's great. :)
Exactly. (bolded part) Other types may be motivated to sugarcoat that behavior.
I've based much of my observations on male INTPs, since I don't really know many female ones IRL (or maybe I've mistyped some potential ones). :)

"Unfortunately, knowing me, I'll be thinking about this for the next few months... Happy times ahead!"
Good luck. Here's some pudding for your journey.

ruru814
MBTI type: INFP

Post by ruru814 » Fri May 04, 2012 12:59 am

I'm with an INTP and when we argue, all hell breaks loose. I become extremely emotional, and he becomes extremely logical. We are polar opposites! But the other 90% of the time, we are so peachy. We share so many insights and benefit from learning to deal with people in general. It makes for a very interesting time. Although his thinking functions baffle me a lot. Sometimes he'll say something extremely smart sounding and I'll literally go blank, but yes, I love his company. We are peas in a pod.

jhonsmith
MBTI type: a
Gender (M or F): m

Post by jhonsmith » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:36 am

Yes. A couple.

Cold bastards externally, insane internally(just like us). Highly generous, fucking hilarious.

Many INFPs would be willing to be your comfort zone if they deem you as a friend, I guess. We would be glad to help you with your emotional problems, as long as they are authentic, as long as we feel like we are really helping out...!!! :lol: ;) :D

hehf
MBTI type: infp
Gender (M or F): m

Post by hehf » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:32 pm

i have an intp friend and i'm close to her. i like her and we're close. i think infps can make good friends with other N type people. i like her for being warm and funny and quiet

4Eyes
MBTI type: INFP

Post by 4Eyes » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:57 pm

I want to know:
Are you close to them?
1) I absolutely love INTPs! They balance me out and don't sugarcoat things. And if you're one of the few lucky people who manage to get close to these wonderful people, you get to see such depth that most others don't see... And if they let you in emotionally, it's truly one of the greatest honors. INTPs have such lovely souls deep down, such heart lurks beneath a cold, hard exterior, one even they usually don't know is there.

2/3) My best friend in this world is an INTP, so is my ex (we're still very close), and so is my Mother, whom is just as much a friend now that I'm older as she is a mother. In fact, I just finished writing about them on another thread:
My closest friends are INTP (Two of them)...They're also the only people I will allow to hug and cuddle with me for extended amounts of time, or have any desire to, as I have trouble with intimacy of any sort.

The one I'm closest to is one of the INTPs, she's like the sister I never had and we balance each other out. We also bounce our ideas off of each other and can talk about anything and everything. We can go from having very deep discussions to joking around and visa-versa at the drop of a hat. I'm pretty much the only person she allows unlimited hugs and cuddles.

The other INTP is my ex and we're still very close. We broke it off because of circumstances beyond our control, but that hasn't stopped us from keeping in contact. We started off as friends and were always just as much friends as we were a couple, so nothing feels very different there. He'd let me have unlimited hugs and cuddles too, because he knew that was one of the things I needed. I'm very glad he's still in my life, regardless of whether or not we can be together.
4) They can be very inconsiderate/insensitive, all people can be like that from time to time, regardless of type.

I love them all dearly, but sometimes they drive me absolutely bonkers. I may complain about it sometimes when it's happening, but when I really think about it I realize I wouldn't have it any other way. I wouldn't change them at all, they wouldn't be the people I love and cherish if I did.

lucyinthesky
MBTI type: infp
Gender (M or F): f

Post by lucyinthesky » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:39 pm

mmm... I have a friend who's an XNTP, but i don't get to know her well because she doesn't seem to have empathy nor sympathy, nor two shits about other people. she has a good sense of humor though...