Difficult Relationships

Do you haz relationshipz? Do they huurt?
NotYourTypicalHero
MBTI type: Infp
Gender (M or F): F

Difficult Relationships

Post by NotYourTypicalHero » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:07 am

Hey, I'm new on here, I guess you guys can just call me Hero. I started this disscussion because i'm in love with an INTJ and I need help, and I'm wondering If anyone else here has fallen for someone that for all intents and pourposes, shouldn't have been fallen for?

BabyDragon
Site Admin
MBTI type: INTJ
Gender (M or F): M

Re: Difficult Relationships

Post by BabyDragon » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:40 pm

Hi Hero, welcome to the forum.

INTJs seem to have a thing for ENFPs, judging by the threads at their forum, but INFPs are not much different from ENFPs, right?

NotYourTypicalHero
MBTI type: Infp

Post by NotYourTypicalHero » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:56 am

True, but this situation is very complicated... it's funny you mention that though, I was actually very close to being ENFP.

jenni
MBTI type: INFP

Post by jenni » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:08 am

yes i fell for an INTJ. not easy =(

Noriko
MBTI type: INxx

Post by Noriko » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:00 am

I got infatuated with an ESTP... I don't know how that happened, and it's not recommended. They're nice enough, but I have a feeling I'm more of a novelty for them than anything else, haha.

I don't have much advice. I heard a general rule: you get over someone in twice the amount of time you were 'together.' (2 months together= 4 months of moving on.) IF that's the direction you want to take.
Otherwise, you could just try to have fun with it, in your imagination or the real world. (I don't know if you're actually with them, or if it's more 'love-from-afar.') Take it as far as you're comfortable. Try to temper your Fi with some Te if you're with them (as it may not end as you wish it would). Tempering can be the hardest thing; to really understand that reality may not coincide with your desires can suck.
I'm currently tempering it/having fun with it... what more can you really do with an ESTP? =p

I've only met two INTJ's in real life, and I understand the draw! I'm sorry that's the personality you've fallen in love with, as they're so elusive (in more ways than one... ^_^;).

thistles and thorns

Post by thistles and thorns » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:36 pm

umm okay, I know this post is like half a year old, and probably it's not relevant anymore, but I can't resist the urge to reply ;)
so, my best friend is an INTJ. It's not easy, especially having heart-to-heart conversations, since we are both awkward talking about stuff that means a lot to us - her being very protective of her feelings and trying to rationalize them or hide them as a typical INTJ and well, she kinda sucks at expressing them too. And me being an INFP makes it hard for me to share also, and that results in all the wonderful awkwardness. But, the thing with INTJ-s, at least in my experience, is that they aren't the cold, robots without feelings that they are made out to be. In reality, my friend is extremely sensitive, she just bottles everything up, so don't let the icy facade fool you :)
If it's still appropriate, good luck :)

Joseph00001

Post by Joseph00001 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:33 am

Randomosity

Post by Randomosity » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:33 pm

I can't really helpnwith this. My younger brother is INFJ, but he's young, so that's no help. Maybe you could find something in common that you can work on together?

Nihon
MBTI type: Intj

Post by Nihon » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:00 pm

I fell for an ESFP. Seemed to make sense at the time, but I know now that it really didn't. ^^; I'm actually in a relationship within another INTJ, but we're both Fi dominants like INFPs are even though we always get INTJ on the tests.

sara736
MBTI type: dfty
Gender (M or F): f

Post by sara736 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:54 am

I have a bunch of friends but my only close friend is (I think) an ISFP. intps and entps are fun to be around, but I just can't get to know them that well.
We offer best quality my braindumps test papers and Isilon dumps materials.

subatomicdoodle

Post by subatomicdoodle » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:13 pm

BabyDragon wrote:Hi Hero, welcome to the forum.

INTJs seem to have a thing for ENFPs, judging by the threads at their forum, but INFPs are not much different from ENFPs, right?
one letter does not mean a thing - I am an INFP and had a relationship with an INFJ...yeah there were lots of similarities but ultimately there were too many deal breakers which she did no meet...far too obsessed with her career...you may find the same for ENFP INFP