am i the only infp thats this deep/emotional?

All "personality theory" related topics can go here.
chad
MBTI type: infp
Gender (M or F): m

am i the only infp thats this deep/emotional?

Post by chad » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:07 am

ok so when im with people im often noral or plain,but sometimes,i have theres deep moments especialy when listning to music,i get this indescribable feelings,i cant explain them,and even visiting people from my childhood i have this connection with certain things,,...

potatotoro
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): F

Re: am i the only infp thats this deep/emotional?

Post by potatotoro » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:20 am

I think everyone feels that way occasionally. Part of being human I guess.

Entity
Gender (M or F): M

Post by Entity » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:19 am

Yes, it's a part of human function, and one of the more beautiful ones.
"A penny saved is a penny you keep." -Me

Ghostshadow
Gender (M or F): m

Post by Ghostshadow » Sat May 20, 2017 1:09 am

chad wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:07 am
ok so when im with people im often noral or plain,but sometimes,i have theres deep moments especialy when listning to music,i get this indescribable feelings,i cant explain them,and even visiting people from my childhood i have this connection with certain things,,...
I get really attached to my feelings, and almost kind of stuck in them, like I can't let them go and they feel so meaningful and important to me, I don't really know what to do with them so I try to express them creatively sometimes but it's still not enough. I almost wonder sometimes if that's how you should live life, living each moment in a way that is deeply fulfilling in that sense.

crow
MBTI type: INFJ
Gender (M or F): M

Post by crow » Sat May 20, 2017 1:52 am

It's yet another route to mental illness. Popular, though. People love to wallow in emotions, both pleasant and unpleasant.
I was no exception, until I was.

Now, my emotions are well disciplined, and it greatly improves the overall living of life.
Because: emotions are feelings, and feelings are not real. They live in the mind, alongside other phantoms and fantasies.
Sure, they can be stimulating, if one needs stimulation when nothing else is happening. Like getting drunk.
But decidedly not real.

A secret of life is to become able to immerse yourself in what is real: Reality. To merge with it, until 'you' are gone.
How you feel about it doesn't change a thing. It is always what it is, and nothing else.
When you can be what you are, and nothing else, you too will be as beautiful as a garden on a summer's day.
Well, almost.