How does it feel to be introverted yet people-oriented?

All "personality theory" related topics can go here.
BabyDragon
Site Admin
MBTI type: INTJ
Gender (M or F): M

How does it feel to be introverted yet people-oriented?

Post by BabyDragon » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:56 pm

One of the traits in MBTI defining feelers is:

"I have a people or communications orientation"

How does it feel to be an introvert but people oriented? I'm guessing being a feeler should increase a person's extroversion a bit.

Entity
MBTI type: INFP

Re: How does it feel to be introverted yet people-oriented?

Post by Entity » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:45 am

It kind of does, but barely. I still have trouble willingly going out of my way to talk with people. INFPs like the inner thoughts and workings of people, not the meaningless social stuff.
"A penny saved is a penny you keep." -Me

Doll Part
Gender (M or F): F

Post by Doll Part » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:35 pm

Fe is more people oriented than Fi. Fi is just self oriented and doesn't necessarily make you more extroverted, quite the opposite. INFPs are Fi users and I really doubt that Fi makes us anything like extroverts.

Healer379
MBTI type: Infp
Gender (M or F): F

Post by Healer379 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:14 pm

What entity said... !

It makes me more aware I guess... Our word is compassion i think.
Of the emotional space, and workings of the people around me, and will influence the way my conversation looks with them.

If what you mean by extroverted, is how one receives energy... It doesn't necessarily impact us like that.
Fi usually has a pretty developed understanding of what's going on inside, and because of that, will process challenges internally ... And vent/talk to very few people about it.

I love people, and love how they work:) but I don't love crowds or chit chat..
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Entity

Post by Entity » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:28 pm

Glad to have you back, Healer!
"A penny saved is a penny you keep." -Me

Ghostshadow
Gender (M or F): m

Post by Ghostshadow » Sat May 20, 2017 1:18 am

Doll Part wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:35 pm
Fe is more people oriented than Fi. Fi is just self oriented and doesn't necessarily make you more extroverted, quite the opposite. INFPs are Fi users and I really doubt that Fi makes us anything like extroverts.
Uh, are you sure? all Introverted feeling does is seek self fulfillment at the expensive of others and we are all just mindlessly hedonistic? yeah, okay.

think that generally Introverted feeling users seek harmony more then most other types, and generally I don't think this is a prerogative for other types. Extraverted feeling is very much just that, it's keeping the status quo in tact, and never rocking the boat; but the general underlining motive and reasoning for this is basically just indoctrination to capitalism and the fact that most people are I guess greedy and selfish, and you know, no one wants any no Introverted Feeling types running this image or feast or making people feel a sense of remorse or gain awareness as to what's actually going on.

Anyway, I used to deep and somewhat innately believed in all of those ideals, doing the right thing, justice, truth, and wanted harmony more then anything, but yet the more I gained experienced with the world the more and more I turned away as I realized that the world is not really like that. And now I mostly keep the rest of the world at bay with a stick and wear lots of black/weird clothing and generally maintain my status as a constant outsider. Often times if not, I am beguiled and treated with hostility and belittlement or confusion and misunderstanding so I gladly wear keep a safe distance from the rabble.

("oh poor boo-boo, wha wha whiney Fi-doms, you want to live in peace with the rest of the world but it's not like that, it's unrealistic, naive and not idealistic. You have to...GET IN LINE, ADHERE AND BE OBEDIENT, not ask questions and accept your superiors commands!!1111\) And that's all it is over and over again, basically the message is to just be a cog in the machine.

Non

Post by Non » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:41 pm

I'm enneagram nine social/sexual so I definitely can be very extroverted but it's this interesting kind of internal tension.