What does MBTI really test?

All "personality theory" related topics can go here.
crow
MBTI type: INFJ
Gender (M or F): M

What does MBTI really test?

Post by crow » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:40 am

When you've considered it long enough, and neutrally enough, you'll probably admit that MBTI testing really doesn't tell you much about yourself, at all.
What it tells you about is your biases. Your degree of bigotry, in fact. Nasty word, that. Bigot. I very rarely use it, outside of irony, which is about wry humor.

Yes. You have many biases. Towards this and that. And most of those biases are social ones. You either love the idea of political correctness, or you loathe it, and your answers will always reflect this. Honesty has a great deal to do with it, too, and most people couldn't be honest even if they tried.

I'm always told I'm doing it wrong, when I take these tests, because although most of the time I come out as INFJ, I can, and do, test as just about everything else, too, since so few of the questions have any relevance to anyone who is so unburdened by ego.

Interestingly, too, the writers of these tests are always, inevitably, ego-driven. They have to be, since the primary purpose of the testing is to sell a product, or multiple products.

Know thyself. You'll never know yourself by allowing somebody else to define the parameters. Neither will anybody else.
Know thyself. It's actually very easy, once you isolate ego for the clandestine maniac it is, kick its ass out of the way, and discover that what you really are is an incredibly simple, reliable, constant being, free of malice, desire, insecurity, and fear.

Parsenry
MBTI type: MBTI

Re: What does MBTI really test?

Post by Parsenry » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:44 am

Access to the site of the new high popularity me not to use the service.

crow
MBTI type: INFJ

Re: What does MBTI really test?

Post by crow » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:00 am

Oh, come on now. It's certainly interesting. it's just not the Bible that so many think it is :)