ENFJ or ESFJ??

All "personality theory" related topics can go here.
everywherenowhere
MBTI type: ENFJ
Gender (M or F): F

ENFJ or ESFJ??

Post by everywherenowhere » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:50 am

Hello! First of all, I'm very well aware of the cognitive functions.

I have read up about Si and Ni. I have definitely pinpointed Fe and Ti as being two of my functions.

My immediate family is mostly made up of SJs. My younger sister is an INFP. She's pretty sure I use Ni and Se.

But...I feel like I can somewhat relate to Si too! Both Ni and Si! Why is that?! Could it be because of my Fe tendency to be chameleon-like and adhere to the values of the people around me...thus feeling kind of Si-ish occasionally depending on who I'm around? If that makes sense. :P

I do love history and learning about the past, and I wish we were somewhat still kinda like how people were back then. But I also enjoy current trends. When it comes to history, I like to look at it from a mostly fictional point of view. For example, I write historical fiction. Instead of focusing my attention entirely on actual events that took place in history, I like to learn about the daily lives of people and families back then, what they looked like, etc. and make my own creations out of that.

If anyone could help me I would appreciate it.

My sister has definitely decided she's an INFP. I wish I was as certain about my type as she is of hers.

owiekapowie
MBTI type: infp
Gender (M or F): m

Re: ENFJ or ESFJ??

Post by owiekapowie » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:22 pm

So I was having the same issue here awhile back (stuck between infp and infj) and since I didn't get much of an answer here I went to the intj forum (it's filled with sharks never go there it's scary) and the bestates answer I got was from an intj guy, he basically said that the cognitive functions aren't a proven thing, and that while people following the function say you have to be this way specifically that isn't really the way it ia, because people are all different, and you can't say with assurance that it is going to be so for people, and ge went on with 5 links and info overload, but the main thing I got from it was that you should choose what feels right for yourself, if you feel more enfj then more than likely that is what you are, because on a deeper level you know where you sit, and that isn't to say you can't fall towards esfj, it just means that you are what you believe yourself to be... hope this helps I know it's kinda rambley

everywherenowhere
MBTI type: ENFJ
Gender (M or F): F

Post by everywherenowhere » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:34 pm

As far as the functions go, I definitely relate to Ni and Se. But I know what you mean about them not being scientifically proven. I have read that somewhere before.

As far as the personality descriptions go, I somewhat relate to ESFJ but I think I mostly relate to ENFJ. I'm not practical enough to be an ESFJ, lol. I prioritize family like an ESFJ probably would, but I like to look at the big picture the majority of the time. I think I may just have some Si-like tendencies due to the fact that I've been around a lot of Si my entire life, haha.

owiekapowie
MBTI type: infp
Gender (M or F): m

Post by owiekapowie » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:50 pm

Well that is quite possible, I think (looking through the jumble I tried to say) is that it ia totally fine to accept being an exfj, you can be more than one thing, depending on mood and feelings and thoughts at any time