A case study :) an INFP guy.

All "personality theory" related topics can go here.
October
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): F

A case study :) an INFP guy.

Post by October » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:36 am

I found this link on a Russian socionical website where they do physiognomical typing among other things. (That is, guess someone's type by appearance.)

That's their interview with a random INFP guy who studied socionics at their school. Well, yes, it's in Russian, I might come back and translate it later. It's not that relevant though, the interviewers simply ask him to make different facial expressions for different emotions, and then he tells a bit about his life.

I simply thought his overall mannerism is very characteristic of IEI(INFP) male.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmCq00eUSOI

So, what do you think? :)

EDITED TO ADD: A translation of the interview.
Interviewer: - Express a mood with your face. Some sad mood.
INFP guy: A sad mood? Like, when I wake up at 6 a.m. not having slept enough.
I: Right.
INFP: Where's the bed?
I: Express some anger.
INFP: Anger, anger... It's difficult.
I: Some rage. Psychopathic rage.
INFP: Psychopathic? Arrrgh!
(laughter)
---

INFP: In the morning I was still a bit lacking in sleep. Right, so, I went to a university to apply for the philology department and to gather some information. And the first thing as I came there, I had a consultation, I searched for our room, walked up, was on time. Right. You know, I have these moments when I am very irritable, I try to switch off from the surrounding world. And I begin to describe it in a style of different works of literature. Those like Minaev's and other post-modern. So, there's this man, a professor, who started telling us a bout a history exam. And I sit there and think as usually, when I'm in McDonald's I like to sit and write on the napkins different rubbish about people who sit beside me. So, I sit there, and I think to myself: this bold man, what problems does he have in his life? What does he like? What does he dislike? I jeer him differently in my own mind. And I get a kick out of him not knowing anything about it.
I: What's next?
INFP: What's next? Next, I walked out, felt ok, as I had had a bit of fun. By having gibed at him.
I: And next?
INFP: Next, I went downstairs to the philology department. There I got incredibly mad, because I stood in a queue of five people for more than an hour. And I told to the admissions department, what I thought of the work of the admissions department. But beside that I also tried to make jokes, and, most likely it did work, as they all were joking back, and had fun and smiled. Then I was through with it all and with a feeling of a great relief I went home. That's where my mood came to normal, I watched a movie. A good movie. And again I was in a not bad mood. And I went here.
I: What a beautiful symbiosis of white intuition and black ethics.
Last edited by October on Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
When I let go of what I am, I become what i might be.

Pam

Re: A case study :)

Post by Pam » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:35 pm

I'm not into socionics very much, which type is this guy?

I'd type him as ENFP maybe. :)
Site about the istp personality: http://www.istps.com/

October

Post by October » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:41 pm

No, that's the point - he's IEI, which is socionic's INFP. ^^

He's just extraverting because he's giving an interview, I suppose.

Pam

Post by Pam » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:57 pm

Well, he handles attention quite good for an introvert. I hate it when I'm the center of attention.
Site about the istp personality: http://www.istps.com/

October

Re: A case study :) an INFP guy.

Post by October » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:17 pm

Well, yes, so do I, Pam. but when I actually expect it, I can pull it off, too. :)

(I've added a translation. I think it makes clearer he's an introvert. Like, he needed to go home and watch a movie to balance out his mood. Or the weird imagination. )