You know you're an INFP when...

All "personality theory" related topics can go here.
winter
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): F

Re: You know you're an INFP when...

Post by winter » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:19 am

FiNe SiTe wrote:...You borrow a whole pile of books from the library only too procrastinate so much that you only end up reading one.
Um, yes. Or in my case, half of one.
"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all."
- Emily Dickinson

lifesight

Post by lifesight » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:08 am

when you fail using logic (that is me at least :P)

AcutelyAware

Post by AcutelyAware » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:08 pm

-words you most often utter are ones of understanding/empathy
-you spend excessive amounts of time as a child with a specific hobby because fantasy/imagination/creativity/learning was so much more interesting than your peers
-your parents unscrewed the lightbulb in your room to get you to sleep? you grab a flashlight and your favorite book and hide in the closet
-you're so naturally in tune with others emotions it can be overwhelming at times
-in school you had a hard time verbalizing your thoughts/feelings but you'd blow the teachers away with your writing
-you like having a plan but not making it...also ties in with being perceptive but NOT necessarily decisive

Krissie
Gender (M or F): f

Post by Krissie » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:51 pm

When you think playing Scrabble is the epitome of fun..

masterekat

Post by masterekat » Thu May 19, 2011 6:52 pm

All of you people are so like me!! Its a little creepy, but mostly awesome!

I do a lot of these, but mostly these:
Faby wrote:
FiNe SiTe wrote:...You borrow a whole pile of books from the library only too procrastinate so much that you only end up reading one.
This, only replace "library" with "torrents/bookchan".
:oops:

And now, one of my own:

...you can feel exactly what someone else is feeling just by being near them, but you can't find the words to express to them that you understand and you care.

exile
Gender (M or F): M

Post by exile » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:26 pm

Now I know I'm in the right forum :D :D :D

I still have long conversations with my teddy bear or dog about the Holographic Universe ....
But if the sheep eats the flower, then for him it’s as if, suddenly, all the stars went out. And that isn’t important?

- The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint Exupery

Ben

Post by Ben » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:42 pm

...when you believe you can get past a harsh exterior and touch something good in bad people.
...when you should be studying for a major chemistry exam but find it important to learn about classic civilizations and poetry.

Kevs

Post by Kevs » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:11 am

It is amazing when you read others describing what it is that you always thought was so wierd about yourself, or what others thought was wierd about you...or just read what you now realize is true about yourself and it makes your insides buzz.

Here's my list.

1. Always getting upset about how where I work could be so much better if they only....
2. Feel so damn good to leave the party and get into my car by myself and turn up the music....
3. Catch a lot of heat about being completely tuned into some process, or creative project...and over the years becoming really anxious about being totally tuned into some process or creative project, thinking that any minute someone is going to start getting annoyed that I am so tuned in.....
4. Being called wierd.
5. Being told that it is easy to pick on me.
6. Wander around the house trying to get something done that you think you are suppose to get done, but only just kind of wander around the house getting wrapped up in something that piques your interest at any given moment...
7. Always not getting as much work done as everyone else, and getting shit for it, especially at work.
8. Daydream about ways to start a revolution.
9. Hoping some big storm will come and disrupt everything, cause it is really hard to face the world as it is everyday, and as someone wrote in another post here, look at all the people walk around like robots...
10. When you go to Starbucks and you are absolutely kinda dumbfounded when the person behind the counter acts all interested in how you are doing, and you try to say something but you get it all mashed up...
11. You become nauseous when the work banter inevitably turns to a discussion on any number of reality tv shows.
12. TV commercials are an insult to your senses...
13. You rationalize procrastination as "energy conservation."

I know I'll think of more but wanna go do something else now...

morningsea

Post by morningsea » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:36 pm

When you get lost often when you are visiting same place over and over again.
When they are asking you something ten times and then you answer "What, are you talking to me!?"
When you go to the kitchen to find a bar of soap.
When you are changing/imagining your dream careers very often!
When you can read any pretense very easily and shut down immediately any enthusiastic responses.
When you are too honest for your own good!

Kevs

Post by Kevs » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:20 am

When one minute you know for sure you don't want to interact with others, and then the next you feel lonely because others don't want to interact with you.

morningsea

Post by morningsea » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:00 pm

Kevs wrote:When one minute you know for sure you don't want to interact with others, and then the next you feel lonely because others don't want to interact with you.
:lol: I know, same here. I cannot figure out why????? Some kind of a defense mechanism?!

Kevs

Post by Kevs » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:00 am

It's difficult to be sure...I am currently working on trying to feel comfortable being who I am. My mother criticized me for being seemingly aloof. She didn't like the fact that I didn't pay attention to her enough...it leads me to wonder about how an INFP is suppose to act in an extrovert world. I try to be extroverted and it comes out all distorted, and people respond "you're wierd."

exile

Post by exile » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:12 pm

Kevs wrote:... it leads me to wonder about how an INFP is suppose to act in an extrovert world. I try to be extroverted and it comes out all distorted, and people respond "you're wierd."
I second that! Sill mortified by my last goof.
But if the sheep eats the flower, then for him it’s as if, suddenly, all the stars went out. And that isn’t important?

- The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint Exupery

iPseudo

Post by iPseudo » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:57 pm

When you're quiet with people around but can have whole conversations with nobody when alone... (just me?)
When you, given the opportunity, will daydream for an hour or so in bed after waking up in the morning
When you neglect your responsibilities if you can't deal with them perfectly

Kevs

Post by Kevs » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:51 am

It is amazing to read others' posts that truly who you are, so affirming. Just an aside, I will lay in bed for hours, just thinking, doing nothing...it goes against the grain. How do you define a person, who in a world of action and achievement, does nothing?