You know you're an INFP when...

All "personality theory" related topics can go here.
iPseudo
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): M

Re: You know you're an INFP when...

Post by iPseudo » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:22 pm

Yet, it's not as though we don't try. Being productive is very much an uphill struggle for me, sometimes I wish I had that J instead of P

Kevs

Post by Kevs » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:15 pm

Any strategies for increasing productivity without losing identity?

Noriko
MBTI type: INxx
Gender (M or F): F

Post by Noriko » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:28 am

I don't much about productivity... I just do what needs to be done before the deadline (mostly before the deadling, anyways). Time is a great resource for me, not to be squandered... but then I usually don't use time the way I "should." (Course reading? Nah, I'm go to the library!! I'll skim the course material right before class.)

Some of these are general NF, but:
-You got your ears pierced for earrings you fell in love with; but even so, it took your friend to spontaneously draw you out of your house to get it done
-Your texts are sporadic and "weird"
-You must speak in class with some sort of notes in front of you
-You can't get rid of your stuffed animals, as they have feelings (no matter what logic you try to talk yourself into)
-You sat outside with an open bottle listening to the wind blow on the top (you should have been working)
-You remained to blow & whistle into the bottle's top when the wind began to die down

Maskara
MBTI type: FiNe

Post by Maskara » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:00 pm

When you do something embarassing, and when you recall it after a few years, you find that it's still as cringe-worthy as the moment it happened.

Torp

Post by Torp » Fri May 04, 2012 12:32 am

Kevs wrote:Any strategies for increasing productivity without losing identity?
Well, this must be the most important question of them all (regarding to the fact that we all have to make a living in this mess of a world)
I feel like if i'm fronting a situation where something have to be done, and I am the man to do it, I think
there'll be a good 90 percent chance that I'll say "f*** it, I'm going home". But there would also be a 10 percent chance of me saying "f*** it" and just do the damn task, because sometimes I just block out all my needs and wishes and just do the things I ought to do. And when this sudden reaction acctually happens, I usualy do it pretty good too.

So if there is a way for me to just find the "doer" in me, I'm going to be a ritch business man, and not a poor, failed writer (as my future looks like). Or at least I have an option, because I feel I'm better off writing essays while being broke, than signing documents/contracts being rich.

(You'll have to exuce my language, I'm from Norway and my english skills aren't that great!)

Edit: - You know you're an INFP when you spend two hours being mad at someone after a fight/discussion, before finally realizing that you were the one being wrong.
I'll figure it out later.

penspend

Post by penspend » Sun May 13, 2012 6:33 am

Torp wrote:
Kevs wrote: ... because I feel I'm better off writing essays while being broke, than signing documents/contracts being rich.
Exactly! I think both my parents have problems understanding this though. I haven't even attempted to type them or figure out where they're coming from, but the idea of me pursuing what I love is utterly foreign to them. Both of them pursued jobs in a field that was quickly growing when they entered the job market, they don't have a passion for it but have been at it for around 25-30 years now... I'm very interested in writing or anything art-ish, but even though there seems to be no stable job in either of those markets, it doesn't really bother me at all in the way it bothered my parents... I think I'm just more excited about learning about all of it and getting better at what I enjoy rather than going to school specifically to train for a career, it never really occurs to me that I'm building up to some other step when I think of college. My idea of education seems to be so opposite from everyone else's around me... there are people who cry that they've failed when they've received a B and there are those who laugh at their horrible test scores, but even though I'm in the top ten in my class (last time I checked), nothing grade-wise has ever bothered me enough to make me feel like my future is on the line, that the world will end with one mistake. Perhaps that's just the ability to look past the details and into the bigger picture as an INFP?

To those who aren't in school anymore, I'd love to hear how you went through school and if your story is in any way similar to mine.

NoahLindquist

Post by NoahLindquist » Fri May 25, 2012 7:44 pm

iPseudo wrote:Yet, it's not as though we don't try. Being productive is very much an uphill struggle for me, sometimes I wish I had that J instead of P
This, being so damn true, is making my high school life hell...

blue stone

Post by blue stone » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:54 am

exile wrote:Now I know I'm in the right forum :D :D :D

I still have long conversations with my teddy bear or dog about the Holographic Universe ....
Me too. I talk to my stuffed animal. I don't talk to my teddy bear, though.

Inanna

Post by Inanna » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:41 am

When you never tire of reading great philosopher's quotes and books.
When you somehow see beauty in each and every living thing around you.
When you somehow manage to love the most unlovely.
When you want to become cynical, but you believe in love and that the world is basically a good place.
When you work hard, achieve your goals, and see how your life has been a benefit and blessing to others.
When the search for meaning supercedes all else...even those who love us.

Ethereal

Post by Ethereal » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:21 am

I love all of you guys! You're just like myself!
I've got a few I think.

>You're very sensitive to negative comments by your peers.
>Music seems to transport you to another world
>Your musical tastes are unconventional
>You spend a lot of time thinking about who you are
>You seemed to be drawn to the mystical, mysterious, and dark

whitecanvas
MBTI type: infp
Gender (M or F): f

Post by whitecanvas » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:41 am

when you run away from social interaction because you just cant stand the pressure to participate in a boring conversation
when you feel bad for saying no, even though you really needed to
when you feel excited and giddy at the prospect of staying in bed all day with a good book or t.v. show
when you love to deeply it consumes you

Storme

Post by Storme » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:48 pm

OMG, these describe me so much, especially the ones about not being able to let go of stuffed toys, heck, I had to conjure up a whole imaginary land for my imaginary friends to stay in and keep them occupied so I wasn't leaving them "alone" if I stopped talking to them. >_<

EDIT:
ambi wrote:you know your an infp when stray animals and children follow you home
Oh, herp. This brings back memories of that random deer that decided to follow me home when I was, like, 5.

Me: *rings doorbell* Mummy, look! 8D
Mum: WTF there's a deer standing infront of the door. :shock: ... uh... um... take it back before it gets scared and claustrophobic.
*deer starts jumping about all scared and claustrophobic*
Me: Awww. :( *makes deer follow her back*

AdoptedAlien
Gender (M or F): f

Post by AdoptedAlien » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:49 pm

When you feel that you're so emotional that you feel that you don't deserve to live in such cold planet
When you feel that people are so stoical and have absolutely no feelings
when you care about the details :(

altron
Gender (M or F): m

Post by altron » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:33 pm

When you just can't figure out how people can be so cold.

Randomosity

Post by Randomosity » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:08 pm

HOLY S**T YES!!!!!!!!!!! Especially that last one.I still have problemsthrowi g thinvs away because I feel like I am neglecting them...Alll of them are true, very true. My analysis: 1. This irritates my family and friends, because they think it's because I "lack self confidence" (I do, but that's not why)... 2. Yes. Just yes. I will be in the middle of class and I'll be like, whoa, brainwave!!! 3. Yes. 4. Hell yes!!! 5. I alreadt said yes. To others: well, all of them: YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! This is actually rather creepy, how wellmy type is cast.

1. When you let out all your pent up emotions in one good cry or by raging at this sometimes really unmerciful world.
2. Have others typecast you as the shy, boring,sometimes nerdy type.
3. Feel bad for judging others, even if they judged you first.
4. Eventual forgiveness of the ones who have hurt you, but you never trust them in the same way again and always remember what they did to you.
5. Never forgive people who have hurt your loved ones. How dare they?!?
EDIT:
Oh, and the stray animals especially....many a time my mom has been frustrated to see me come home with ahtgstray cat, dog or rabbit on my tail.