New subforum suggestions

Something needs fixing or improving?
User avatar
BabyDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:39 pm
MBTI type: INTJ
Gender (M or F): M
Contact:

New subforum suggestions

Post by BabyDragon » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:23 am

I made some broad categories but I'm totally open to new suggestions because this is YOUR forum.

What gets suggested the most will be put into the forum. If things get rough, a democratic poll will decide. :ugeek:

User avatar
October
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:07 pm
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): F

Re: New subforum suggestions

Post by October » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:12 pm

Right. :)
Firstly, I really like the board categories that there are so far, but I did notice there aren't many. :)
Now, my suggestions:

1) I would sub-divide "Relationships" into Romantic relationships, Friendships and Family. Since they are important. (But then, again, I understand there aren't many folks here yet, so it might be a bit redundant. And it might be just my idea, not supported by anyone, for that matter. :) ) Or, on the second thought, you might put it "Relationships and Typology" to sort of make it more directed. But, again, I'm not sure and I'd like to hear the others' opinions on that. :\

2) On the INFJ forum there's a section "Emotional Support and Advice". Hate to plagiarize, but we surely could use something like that around, lol.

3) Also, apart from "Arts & entertainment" (which is a good thing, too) I'd love to see some section à la "Writing and Poetry", because I know that a lot of INFPs do write/have a fondness for it.

5) *Maybe* later we could start a picture thread. Maybe.

That's it, for now. I still do have many ideas, but I feel like leaving them for a time when our sandbox is a bit more crowded. :)
When I let go of what I am, I become what i might be.

lifesight
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:06 pm
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): F

Re: New subforum suggestions

Post by lifesight » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:20 pm

a chatroom.

User avatar
boredToDeath
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:23 pm
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): M

Re: New subforum suggestions

Post by boredToDeath » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:38 pm

I think the forum is great this way :) But maybe a chatroom would be cool, like lifesight said.
Life is a comedy to those who think and a tragedy to those who feel.
Image

User avatar
October
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:07 pm
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): F

Re: New subforum suggestions

Post by October » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:04 pm

Yeah, a chatroom. :) It's just that there aren't many users yet, so, I guess it'd be pretty empty most of the time.

For now I suggest we use a recurring tinychat room:

http://tinychat.com/infp

:)
When I let go of what I am, I become what i might be.

User avatar
YHWH
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:07 am
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): M

Re: New subforum suggestions

Post by YHWH » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:16 am

Bigger avatars, less smilies.

midnight
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:10 am
MBTI type: infp
Gender (M or F): f

Re: New subforum suggestions

Post by midnight » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:05 am

Having to choose only two genders may turn Ns off. And having it displayed. Part of the point with MBTI is having another set of arbitrary definitions to be judged by. I'd like that one to be voluntarily.

User avatar
Phil
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:49 pm
MBTI type: ISFP
Gender (M or F): M

Re: New subforum suggestions

Post by Phil » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:49 am

midnight wrote:Having to choose only two genders may turn Ns off. And having it displayed. Part of the point with MBTI is having another set of arbitrary definitions to be judged by. I'd like that one to be voluntarily.
'Tis, just put any letter in there you want.

User avatar
BabyDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:39 pm
MBTI type: INTJ
Gender (M or F): M
Contact:

Re: New subforum suggestions

Post by BabyDragon » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:59 am

Whoa, lots of work here. :D Ok, lets start.
October wrote:Right. :)
Firstly, I really like the board categories that there are so far, but I did notice there aren't many. :)
Now, my suggestions:

1) I would sub-divide "Relationships" into Romantic relationships, Friendships and Family. Since they are important. (But then, again, I understand there aren't many folks here yet, so it might be a bit redundant. And it might be just my idea, not supported by anyone, for that matter. :) ) Or, on the second thought, you might put it "Relationships and Typology" to sort of make it more directed. But, again, I'm not sure and I'd like to hear the others' opinions on that. :\
It's a good idea but as you said there's probably no need for it right now. When the forums grows we'll think about it, ok?
October wrote:2) On the INFJ forum there's a section "Emotional Support and Advice". Hate to plagiarize, but we surely could use something like that around, lol.
That's a good suggestion and it's done.
October wrote:3) Also, apart from "Arts & entertainment" (which is a good thing, too) I'd love to see some section à la "Writing and Poetry", because I know that a lot of INFPs do write/have a fondness for it.
I'm kind of neutral about this because the forum is still small and those topics can fit into the "Arts" subforum but if a lot of people back it up it's no problem. This is a forum for the members, not me.
October wrote:5) *Maybe* later we could start a picture thread. Maybe.
I'd love that, but INFPs are like the shyest type ever. That makes me want a picture thread even more :D

ps, you can't count! :mrgreen:

User avatar
BabyDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:39 pm
MBTI type: INTJ
Gender (M or F): M
Contact:

Re: New subforum suggestions

Post by BabyDragon » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:06 am

Chatroom:

I'm not very tech savvy either but I'll look into it. Maybe I can find something to integrate into this forum. This would be really cool to have.
YHWH wrote:Bigger avatars, less smilies.
I was afraid to increase the size because bigger avatars mean more space taken up and more traffic made and if the forum would grow that would cost money. If it means so much to you I'd be glad to increase the size but it needs to be backed up by the majority.

I'll also change these similes to an awesome set I have seen on another forum, but less smileys? What kind of INFP are you? Image

Gender:

Just put anything if you don't feel like revealing your gender (don't know why it would bother anyone).

Anyway, if you feel any injustice has been done, just vote in this topic. It's not the same when one person suggests something and when 5 others back it up.

cheers

User avatar
sometimesclever
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:22 am
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): M
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: New subforum suggestions

Post by sometimesclever » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:14 am

I totally support and second the Writing and Poetry idea! I can foresee making use of that. I'm willing to break in "Arts" a little bit before we split it off, but I really like this idea and this direction :)

User avatar
YHWH
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:07 am
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): M

Re: New subforum suggestions

Post by YHWH » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:43 am

BabyDragon wrote: I was afraid to increase the size because bigger avatars mean more space taken up and more traffic made and if the forum would grow that would cost money. If it means so much to you I'd be glad to increase the size but it needs to be backed up by the majority.

I'll also change these similes to an awesome set I have seen on another forum, but less smileys? What kind of INFP are you? Image
The INTP kind? :roll:

Though that was directed to the users: use in moderation.
Gender:

Just put anything if you don't feel like revealing your gender (don't know why it would bother anyone).

Anyway, if you feel any injustice has been done, just vote in this topic. It's not the same when one person suggests something and when 5 others back it up.

cheers
Some people are gender neutral, believe genders are a societal construct, or are shifting between genders of wtv.
I just found the (M or F) precision to be unnecessary and dichotomous. I mean, we know what gender means...

Why not split arts and entertainment onto an arts section and an entertainment section? The art section would encompass the poetry, fine arts and literature while the rest goes in the entertainment (and multimedia?) business.

User avatar
BabyDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:39 pm
MBTI type: INTJ
Gender (M or F): M
Contact:

Re: New subforum suggestions

Post by BabyDragon » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:23 am

I wrote M or F cause some would write "male", "man", "female", "lady", "woman", "girl", "boy"...

I have been confused many times and called a woman on a forum "he" so I believe this is useful. As I said you don't have to write M or F, it's just helpful.

What do the others think about splitting up those forums?

Nomorenames
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:56 pm
MBTI type: infp
Gender (M or F): u
Location: I'm in your head, taking up mental space
Contact:

Re: New subforum suggestions

Post by Nomorenames » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:59 am

BabyDragon wrote:What do the others think about splitting up those forums?
I think there isn't enough activity or content at the moment to warrant splitting that sub-forum. Maybe at some future point.

User avatar
Phil
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:49 pm
MBTI type: ISFP
Gender (M or F): M

Re: New subforum suggestions

Post by Phil » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:33 pm

Nomorenames wrote:
BabyDragon wrote:What do the others think about splitting up those forums?
I think there isn't enough activity or content at the moment to warrant splitting that sub-forum. Maybe at some future point.
Second.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest