INFP Female, 49, lost flower child

Tell us about yourself...
Purple
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): F

INFP Female, 49, lost flower child

Post by Purple » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:00 pm

Greetings, all! I think I'm 90% introvert. Work this week (between xmas and new year) has been dead, and I'm loving it.

I'm 49 and still don't know what I want to do when I grow up. :roll: I love puzzles and games. I solved the Rubik's Cube at 14 or 15 and immediately after, the solution book came out...but with a different method than the one I came up with. I put in a year and a half of my time to solve the cube, and the final solution revealed itself to me in a dream. A day later, boom!, the whole cube was solved.

Realistically, I can't get paid to solve the Rubik's Cube. Dang. :cry:

In college, I was too damn insecure to go with the major I originally wanted: computer programming. In hindsight, it would have been perfect: living a hermit lifestyle, occasionally coming up for air to help the brain putzes of the world. :lol:

Do I really have to relive all of life's traumas with my career coach to get to the bottom of what makes me tick to help me figure this out?
The biggest irony: I can't solve my own puzzle of figuring out my life's work. Whenever people (with the best of intentions) make suggestions, I always answer with a "yeah, but..." coming up with one excuse or another. Sigh. Frustrating.

TMI? Sorry...but thanks for letting me vent in my intro. This has been bothering me my whole working life since college age.
[/color]

crow
MBTI type: INFJ
Gender (M or F): M

Re: INFP Female, 49, lost flower child

Post by crow » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:54 am

The idea is to stop being a flower child and become an adult. Adults become aware of probable consequences of possible decisions. Children don't do that.
You're not alone, unfortunately; the whole Western world is swamped with ageing children who are unable to mature.
Wonder no more how civilizations suddenly end. They end like this, in only a few generations.

You could, of course, embark upon the impossible, and spend your time in discovery. I'd say self-discovery, but it's not about self.
I wish you luck with that :)