I am a crow.

Tell us about yourself...
crow
MBTI type: INFJ
Gender (M or F): M

I am a crow.

Post by crow » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:25 am

Hello there. I am a crow, and although I am not an INFP, I reckon they might make better playmates than my own type, which most often is INFJ, or the next closest type, INTJ which is often just horrible.
Also: "A discussion board for INFPs and other people of good will." That included me, no matter what else I am. A fine sentiment.
Really, though, what decided me to join this particular forum is that it seems to almost have expired. I hope to practice a bit of CPR on it, with the help of its surviving members, and who knows? With some luck, love and patience, maybe death can be delayed a little longer.

You have been sleeping...
You have been sleeping...
Now, when I count to ten, you will awake...
etc...

BabyDragon
Site Admin
MBTI type: INTJ

Re: I am a crow.

Post by BabyDragon » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:46 pm

Welcome. Where are you from?

crow

Post by crow » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:53 pm

BabyDragon wrote:Welcome. Where are you from?

Hello :) Signs of life, even. I am encouraged.
It's hard to say where I am from. I've lived in Canada for a long time, but I am not a native. Celtish UK: England, Scotland, Ireland...
I speak English with a Belfast accent, so you're lucky I'm writing, rather than speaking, or you'd have a hard time understanding me.

This forum suits me fine: I like quiet places. Wide open pages, with little to distract. I am happy to see you, dear admin.

I'm already used to seeing this when I log on:

"In total there are 4 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 72 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:25 am

Registered users: crow, Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot]
"

:)

BabyDragon
Site Admin

Post by BabyDragon » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:36 am

haha I know, it's sad

So what was Canada like?

I'm thinking of moving there actually.

crow

Post by crow » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:58 am

If you're a Brit, Canada is strange. They kind-of speak the same language, but in a way that is beyond odd. There is almost no shared cultural link. I'm not a fan of the - ah - culture. But geographically, it is quite wonderful, especially if you like trees and mountains. There is, though, this blind-spot about trees, whereby although there very definitely is an end to the endless forests, Canadians behave as if there isn't.
It's a resource-stripping operation. Which is a bit sad.
Economically, it's quite good, still, and relatively stable. Everything except lemons is half-price. Lemons are more than double price :)
Good thing you don't eat lemons, eh?

pessimist
MBTI type: INFP

Post by pessimist » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:50 am

I am also a crow, but sometimes I'm a raven...or a hermit crab.

crow

Post by crow » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:17 pm

That's interesting. I get to behave like a raven, sometimes, but I'm definitely a crow. Hermit crab probably is a characteristic of the INFP, which I occasionally share. We need a bit of protection from the numerous insensitive louts of our species.

potatotoro
Gender (M or F): F

Post by potatotoro » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:32 pm

what don't you like about the canadian culture?i'm canadian, technically, but i don't remember canada.

crow

Post by crow » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:48 pm

If there actually was a culture in Canada, it would be easier to answer your question. But it is more or less devoid of such a thing.
The closest thing to it might include television watching, shopping, alcohol consumption and complaining.
It seems not to be a real 'country', but more of a work-camp, in that the only reason anybody is here at all is to make as much money as possible.
Lots of addictions of various types, a seriously high incidence of personal stress, as evidenced by a rasping top of the throat tension in most voices...
Geographically, it has a lot to recommend it, being a relatively beautiful place.
Before I ever came here, I imagined Canadians to be strong, hardy, outdoor types. Boy, was I wrong.
Even so, on balance, it has more to recommend it than most Western countries; as long as socializing isn't important to you.
Basically, because socializing here entails holding the default political view - something not far from communism - or being a complete outcast.
Consequently, neither myself nor my wife do any regular socializing.

On the other hand, we spend a lot of time with raccoons, deer, and birds, all of whom seem happy in our company, since most people would rather shoot them than do anything else.

Here's 'Pink Paw', the oldest of our regular visitors/friends. One of the oldest raccoons anywhere, at something like 9 years of age.

potatotoro

Post by potatotoro » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:38 am

awwww!he's/she's so cute and fluffy!!!what you say really makes allot of sense, reminds me of the stuff my parents say about canada.i think the main reasons they weren't a huge fan of it was the weather,high taxes,and borderline communism.but on the other hand whats this i hear about their currency smelling like maple syrup?
also, if you don't mind me asking, where are you originally from?

crow

Post by crow » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:24 am

We are both from the U.K. I was raised in Essex, and my wife in London. She has only been here since 2006, but I first landed here in 1972.
From what I read, and from what I most recently experienced, the U.K. has self-destructed. Culture, it seems, is on the wane everywhere in the Western world.
Interesting that the fall of a civilization should take place in my own lifetime. I wish it were otherwise.
Oh well. The world, itself, is a wondrous place. It's only the world of people that isn't.
It's important to make the distinction :)

BabyDragon
Site Admin

Post by BabyDragon » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:43 am

Well, some marvelous people have built and added to the beauty of the world. It's the other half of people that are always trying to ruin it.

crow

Post by crow » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:41 pm

If it was only half, things wouldn't be so bad. The percentage is a lot higher than that.
Everything you do in life, is better done with adding to the whole, in mind.
And by the whole, I don't mean people and people-stuff. They form about 1% of the whole, and are the least likely to be influenced - or improved - by one's efforts.

Morphinedreams

Post by Morphinedreams » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:11 pm

"...a rasping top of the throat tension in most voices" 😄... Pink paw is adorable!

crow

Post by crow » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:47 pm

She was, for sure. We last saw her about two years ago, so she's somewhere in space now. Sorely missed!
We can have, at any given time, anywhere from 5 to 27 raccoons, regularly visiting and lying around.
With all those creatures, in 12 years I've only been bitten three times, and all three by the same psycho-coon.
Right now we have two amiable males, Long Nose and Derek.
Derek has a cauliflower ear, while Long Nose has some weird pink growth on his otherwise black snout.
Nice guys, both.