INFP: It explains so much.

Tell us about yourself...
bobbing
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): m

INFP: It explains so much.

Post by bobbing » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:23 pm

Being an INFP and a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP) and knowing it has made living in this frenetic, crazy world a lot easier. For most of my life I just chalked it all up to some sort of neurosis and actually worked with therapists to try to adjust a little more to a world where I felt like some sort of alien. In my own biological family I had limited support from my mother, but my siblings were less accepting of my quirky ways. I was a sitting duck for a bullying older brother and much of my childhood was lived in real fear. Leaving home to live on my own was liberating for me. I was very fortunate to have met a partner (INFJ) who understands me and does not think I am flawed.
I have recently finished my career as a technician with the federal government. I had enjoyed the work but the politics and power trips became unendurable and since I had qualified for the golden handshake I left. I have never been happier. I spend most of the year living in a rural setting where I am able to be outside every day. In the winter, I stay in the city and do home-improvement projects.
I read a great deal. I love history, biographies and usually stick to non-fiction. If recommended, though, I will read fiction, especially classics. Recent tangents: Civil War history (big admirer of Abraham Lincoln), WW11 , Beat Culture, Samuel Johnson, William Blake, Herman Melville, Walt Whitman, Alan Watts.
I also consider Eckhart Tolle my liberator since he has shown me the nature of reality like no other has.
I hope to use this forum for gaining greater understanding of myself and others.

Wanderer
Gender (M or F): F

Re: INFP: It explains so much.

Post by Wanderer » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:09 am

Man, theres nothing wrong with you! Your diference is not a flaw but a gift. The world needs more sensitive deep thinkers like yourself, never believe otherwise

Sparkle
Gender (M or F): F

Re: INFP: It explains so much.

Post by Sparkle » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:47 am

Hi, I'm an INFP and a HSP too and I thought I needed meds and counselling most of my teenage and adult life. Learning this about myself has helped me so much. We're very unique and I tease my friends about how they should feel privileged to have me as a friend. :) As a nurse, I feel I'm in the wrong career and am trying to change it. Happy you were able to change yours to better suit you.
Sparkle