Am I really INFP??

Tell us about yourself...
Miss Understood
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): F

Am I really INFP??

Post by Miss Understood » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:17 pm

Hi everyone, been reading all these posts with great interest as I think I've finally found a place where there are other people like me!
Briefly I'm English but living in another European country, in my late thirties and married (I think to an ISTJ!!) somehow with five children under 12 (it's challenging and bizarre!).
Always been interested in who I am, why we're here, do we all see the same colours etc etc and my terrible unorganisedness is the bane of my life. Can never find anything and never be on time for anything, I get too distracted then all in a fluster when things need doing at the last minute. Sometimes so overwhelmed I'll just stand there and then start daydreaming or researching as that is much more interesting (and easier!) instead.
Feeling rather emotional as never really opened up and spoke about myself before without being ridiculed or feeling like I could.
The reason I question whether I'm really INFP is that I can occassionally be quite bubbly and playful, like maybe that's the real me but have done about a dozen tests and they ALL come out with INFP.
BTW I also procrastinate, I need to be doing other things while the youngest children are sleeping but here I am, always with head in the clouds thinking oh well never mind!
So anyway hello everyone I'm sure it is a pleasure to meet you all.

INFPELI
Gender (M or F): M

Re: Am I really INFP??

Post by INFPELI » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:27 pm

Well you have hit the nail on the head when it comes to being an INFP, which is what I feel describes me the majority of the time. Yes, there are those moments where I come out of my shell and interact more, take the friendly approach but most of the time I just want to be alone basking in my own thoughts. I find that my thoughts overwhelm me if not actively engaged. I, although have lived a contradictory life. I’ve operated against my better nature, thinking the whole time that something was wrong with me and that I must conform to what I thought was the norm. I think we are a rare breed. I can say with much certainty that I have not found many people with which I can relate to. My mission now after discovering my personality traits is to find a carrier that fits my natural God given talents. I hope that you as well find what makes you happy..

bobbing
Gender (M or F): m

Post by bobbing » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:44 pm

I have a theory that INFP people can face a lot of pressure to be more out-going and that if we go through the motions of sociability repeatedly we start to develop more confidence and may even think that is our true nature. But for me, in spite of being able to pass myself off as extrovert, eventually I become very exhausted emotionally and have to deliberately withdraw to regain my equilibrium. This is best accomplished by shutting myself in my bedroom, drawing the drapes and letting my mind go into a sort of trance. After a suitable period, a half hour or so, I can face the world again. Anyway, for me, I tend to think of myself as being in the world, but not of it.

malik125
MBTI type: MBTI
Gender (M or F): M

Post by malik125 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:26 am

Well you have hit the nail on the head when it comes to being an INFP, which is what I feel describes me the majority of the time. Yes, there are those moments where I come out of my shell and interact more, take the friendly approach but most of the time I just want to be alone basking in my own thoughts. I find that my thoughts overwhelm me if not actively engaged. I, although have lived a contradictory life. I’ve operated against my better nature, thinking the whole time that something was wrong with me and that I must conform to what I thought was the norm. I think we are a rare breed. I can say with much certainty that I have not found many people with which I can relate to.
You can easily check out our high quality 700-038 practice test which prepares you well for the real VMWARE. You can also get success in real University of California, San Diego exam with the quality Biola University.