Sorely Disappointed

Tell us about yourself...
Nomorenames
MBTI type: infp
Gender (M or F): u

Sorely Disappointed

Post by Nomorenames » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:09 pm

No abuse, obscenity or sexual content? Well damn. It just won't feel like the internet without those things.

Hello all :D

The admin here posted a link in another forum and I decided to follow it, like someone lost in a dark tunnel heading towards the light. Or like a moth to a flame. I dunno. Writing this, I'm suddenly aware that I've only ever joined forums about MBTI. I was a part of INFPgc, though I'm sad to say I wasn't present for it's relatively dramatic end. I am that most unsavory of fluff posters on INTPc and am pretty much a lurker on TypoC. Huh. I feel as I've been aged prematurely. Such is internet time, amirite?

Right then. A little about me. I'm just your typical bourgeois capitalist pig, a spoiled American kid that can afford apathy and self-sabotage for the time being ('cause I live with my parents. Still.) I'm also a closet ENFJ. Just warning you in advance.

MoneyJungle
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): M

Re: Sorely Disappointed

Post by MoneyJungle » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:21 am

Nomorenames wrote:No abuse, obscenity or sexual content? Well damn. It just won't feel like the internet without those things.

Hello all :D

The admin here posted a link in another forum and I decided to follow it, like someone lost in a dark tunnel heading towards the light. Or like a moth to a flame. I dunno. Writing this, I'm suddenly aware that I've only ever joined forums about MBTI. I was a part of INFPgc, though I'm sad to say I wasn't present for it's relatively dramatic end. I am that most unsavory of fluff posters on INTPc and am pretty much a lurker on TypoC. Huh. I feel as I've been aged prematurely. Such is internet time, amirite?

Right then. A little about me. I'm just your typical bourgeois capitalist pig, a spoiled American kid that can afford apathy and self-sabotage for the time being ('cause I live with my parents. Still.) I'm also a closet ENFJ. Just warning you in advance.
I can already tell you aren't really an INFP. I think you should be flushed out before you poison this forum with your thinkerish ways. To arms!

(I hope you are who I think you are of that will just come across as a good old fashioned flame which in spite of my post icon is not my intention)

Nomorenames
MBTI type: infp
Gender (M or F): u

Post by Nomorenames » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:38 am

Indeed! But the forum must first be flushed full of threads decrying its state, followed by a spat of inquiries as to its original intention. We might perhaps use reason, but only in service to our prejudice. After all this you should have enough hot air for me to be blown away into some godforsaken corner of the internet. 4chan or something.

(and if it turns out I'm not who you thought I was we'll just pretend otherwise)

MoneyJungle

Post by MoneyJungle » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:09 am

Well, whoever you are, in spite of any awkwardity, this appears to have been cathartic for both of us.

sometimesclever

Post by sometimesclever » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:17 am

Hmmmmm, yes. This does appear to be the best place for cathartic considerations.

Well, either way, I'm fairly certain I know neither of you, so welcome!

And MoneyJungle - isn't your icon from the get out of jail free card? If anything that could be quite liberating, right? (the fact that I remember that much about Monopoly is quite liberating for me. I still have board skillz....sorta. Monopoly's like as old school as you can get.)

MoneyJungle

Post by MoneyJungle » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:28 am

sometimesclever wrote:And MoneyJungle - isn't your icon from the get out of jail free card? If anything that could be quite liberating, right? (the fact that I remember that much about Monopoly is quite liberating for me. I still have board skillz....sorta. Monopoly's like as old school as you can get.)
Yup. I forgot I had it saved on my computer and it just felt right. I love board games (although monopoly is pretty awful 99% of the time). I don't have the dexterity or dedication to pwn at video games.

Tocade
MBTI type: INxP
Gender (M or F): F

Post by Tocade » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:16 am

Welcome!
No abuse, obscenity or sexual content? Well damn. It just won't feel like the internet without those things.
I'm sure we could find a way around it. Innuendo for a start ;)

sometimesclever

Post by sometimesclever » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:04 pm

You know which game you can't play over and over with the same people, MoneyJungle? Risk. Play it once and you're fine. The second time around, the grudges and secret alliances from the first game will still linger, months after you play, even.

Not...that...I would ever feel that way....-erects flag and fortress in Kamchatka-. Monopoly, at least you have more luck of the draw. Even if it does take hours to finish off one game.

And everyone always shoots the evil eye to either the banker or the first person to erect houses.

MoneyJungle

Post by MoneyJungle » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:14 pm

Tocade wrote:Welcome!
I'm sure we could find a way around it. Innuendo for a start ;)

sometimesclever wrote:You know which game you can't play over and over with the same people, MoneyJungle? Risk. Play it once and you're fine. The second time around, the grudges and secret alliances from the first game will still linger, months after you play, even.

Not...that...I would ever feel that way....-erects flag and fortress in Kamchatka-. Monopoly, at least you have more luck of the draw. Even if it does take hours to finish off one game.

And everyone always shoots the evil eye to either the banker or the first person to erect houses.
I LOVE Risk. I wish I had a group of people to play with. I never win, but I do exact as much vengeance as the game allows. I'm not of an expansive mindset enough to be succesful at Risk. I generally (pun intended) prefer to camp out and have a blaze of glory at some point, which is never victorious. I have the same problem with Civilization. One way to add a random element to risk is to just deal out countries. Monopoly is the devil the more I think about it. Still love my avatar, though.