Greets...

Tell us about yourself...
Disintegration
MBTI type: INXP
Gender (M or F): M

Greets...

Post by Disintegration » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:07 pm

Well internet tests generally type me as an INTP, but occasionally it's INFP. I think I'm a thinker, but I feel I'm a feeler, I guess I'll just make it an X for here. If you wanna help me decide go for it.

I'm 24 from Melbourne Australia, with a BsSci- Maths major. I'm doing a sciencish technicalish job now that I'm not going to elaborate on.

I've lurked at an INTP forum forever which is where I found the link to here, but never really felt the need to post, maybe I'll be more active here.

It amuses me that the INFPs need an ENTJ to get a forum started.

...and hi.

BabyDragon
Site Admin
MBTI type: INTJ

Re: Greets...

Post by BabyDragon » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:27 pm

Disintegration wrote:Well internet tests generally type me as an INTP, but occasionally it's INFP. I think I'm a thinker, but I feel I'm a feeler, I guess I'll just make it an X for here. If you wanna help me decide go for it.

I'm 24 from Melbourne Australia, with a BsSci- Maths major. I'm doing a sciencish technicalish job now that I'm not going to elaborate on.

I've lurked at an INTP forum forever which is where I found the link to here, but never really felt the need to post, maybe I'll be more active here.

It amuses me that the INFPs need an ENTJ to get a forum started.

...and hi.
Feeler or thinker, you're welcome either way. ;)

Activity would be very nice, we could use it cause there aren't many people posting.

And as you asked us to help you with deciding; this is the best criteria I have found and which I use to determine T or F:

T:

Wants truth and justice
Hard-nosed, firm
Decides with head
Naturally skeptical
Critical
Blunt
Looks at principles
Objective
There is a principle and outcome to everything.

F:

Naturally sympathetic
Strives for harmony
Empathetic and forgiving
Decides with heart
Naturally trusts others
Supportive
Tactful
Concerned with the feelings of others
There is a human element to everything.

You might just be in the middle though, because many of these things are not mutually exclusive.

October
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): F

Post by October » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:26 pm

Hi, Disintegration.

I'd venture to guess from your field that you're slightly leaning towards T, but I'd love to chat with you a bit more before making a final statement. :)

Anyhow, welcome!
When I let go of what I am, I become what i might be.

MoneyJungle

Post by MoneyJungle » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:30 am

Disintegration wrote: It amuses me that the INFPs need an ENTJ to get a forum started.
I find that funny as well. Are we that undependable?

I have a friend who is a dyed in the wool INFP that is an astrophysicist. I think a lot of people assume that a fondness for hard science or math automatically implies being a thinker, which isn't the case.

Greetings!

sometimesclever

Post by sometimesclever » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:46 am

MoneyJungle wrote: I have a friend who is a dyed in the wool INFP that is an astrophysicist.
That is undoubtedly one of the cooler job titles out there. I probably wouldn't shut up about it if I were an astrophysicist. I would find a way to squeeze the word down to fit on a vanity plate and drive around town, and then use it as my excuse if I get pulled over for speeding. "I'm sorry officer - but we just discovered a new comet and I was rushing back to the office so we could name it! Why, don't you have an excellent there, Mr/s :reading name on uniform:? It's truly...celestial, don't you think?"

But yes, welcome! My best friend's from Melbourne, and I've gotta say, Tim Tams = two thumbs up. Vegemite = two thumbs way down. What on earth were you guys thinking? :o

Tocade
MBTI type: INxP
Gender (M or F): F

Post by Tocade » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:36 am

Welcome!

I am also in Melbourne ;) Though it's only temporary.
Disintegration wrote: I'm 24 from Melbourne Australia, with a BsSci- Maths major.

I am curious, where did you get your Bachelor's degree?

I have a friend who is a dyed in the wool INFP that is an astrophysicist. I think a lot of people assume that a fondness for hard science or math automatically implies being a thinker, which isn't the case.
I think the online descriptions are pretty misleading. Abiding by them, one could not be an INTP without being intelligent at the same time.

My best friend's from Melbourne, and I've gotta say, Tim Tams = two thumbs up. Vegemite = two thumbs way down. What on earth were you guys thinking? :o
I had my own Vegemite experience the first time I visited Australia. It was painful.