Learning to love being me

Tell us about yourself...
Skirky
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): F

Learning to love being me

Post by Skirky » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:09 pm

It's great to be here....I've just signed up after exploring the forum for a while.

As a perfectionist I've always found it difficult to write forum posts, I doubt my ability to do it 'right'....I'm sure you can relate to that..

How wonderful it is to find some 'kindred spirits'....I've been reading some posts and feel like this is home....I've never found anyone who 'gets' me, I've always felt so different, especially from those in my family of origin. I am different. Feelings were never allowed, it was the unspoken rule....still is I guess. So I stuffed my feelings down....have ignored them...but after the traumas of my life I couldn't ignore the repressed emotions anymore, they were messing with my head, making me crazy...now I'm learning to identify them, name them, feel them, understand them so that they don't overwhelm me anymore. And I'm embracing them.

Until recently I thought I was INTP. Maybe sometimes I am, maybe I once was. When I first tested I was INTP, that was a few years ago. Thinking is valued in my family of origin, Feeling isn't. :(

I'm an accountant :lol: :ugeek:

How did that happen???? It's a strange occupation for my personality....no wonder I've never been able to hold down a job for longer than 3 years. :?

My father is an accountant. And so was his father. I think I come from a long line of 'pleasers'.

I number crunch for a living....well, not atm, I'm actually taking a career break....which may even turn into a career change. I'm considering doing a Masters in Social Work next year. Working with, and helping families who have suffered trauma really appeals to me.

I'm all about learning what makes me tick....I've just come out of an abusive marriage....I got sucked in, chewed up and spat out....and then stomped on to top it all off! :x

My journey of self discovery has found me here, at this forum and I'm looking forward to reading about your journey, what makes you tick, how you view this crazy messed up world and how you see yourself in it! I have alot of reading ahead of me to 'catch up' and I'm eagerly anticipating the ride.

Cheers

S.
Then the time came when the risk it took to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom...Anais Nin

Randomosity
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): F

Re: Learning to love being me

Post by Randomosity » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:05 am

Wow. What an amzing person you are. Welcome. :) even though you've been here longer then me.... Congratulations on finding out who you are. Thus forum is only Tue durst step on the path to self discovery.

Wow, did that sound hippyish or what?