hey i'm new

Tell us about yourself...
hardcoreADD
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): M

hey i'm new

Post by hardcoreADD » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:32 am

Hi, I have an INFJ friend who convinced me to take the test. I've always been suspicious and skeptical of personality tests but i guess the description of my type is fairly accurate. I had been living in a halfway house for 8 months. My goal for the last 2 years has been to get sober and move to asheville and enroll at UNCA. I've been sober for almost 9 months now, I've moved to Asheville, and classes start in 2 months at UNCA so I fulfilled my short term goals and now its time to make new goals. I've wanted to move into this apartment complex for months and now that I'm here, I'm so bored I'm losing my mind. I've been here 9 days. I was journalling, and surfing the net to pass the time, but then on day 2 my computer crashed. Surfing the net and journalling at the library just isn't the same. I don't feel like i can get as deep as I want to get with all these people around. I'm so lonely...I can't ever remember feeling this lonely. When I was lonely in the past I could usually accept that there was a good reason for it, either because I was drinking alcoholically or doing drugs, or I was really depressed and angry, I was living at my parents house, or at the half way house, etc. Now i feel like there's no reason to be lonely... I"M READY TO MAKE FRIENDS NOW AND I FEEL LIKE THERES NO OPPURTUNITIES. I feel like I should at least be spending this lonely time writing short stories or journalling but alas...its ironic how often I use my hobbies to bring down my self esteem. For example, I have thoughts like "you used to write every day, and you were so talented, and now you're awful, you're a joke, you've pissed away your talent, you suck," and "you're not a guitar player, you just own a guitar, you should be 10 times better than you are for the amount of time you've played, I know people who practice as soon as they wake up and you only practice every couple of days, you're never going to get better, you're terrible." SO anyways, here I am, please entertain me.

flabbytabby
MBTI type: RAWR
Gender (M or F): F

Re: hey i'm new

Post by flabbytabby » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:23 pm

hi hardcoreADD... I'm even newer than you! :)

It's good to hear that despite your initial reservations regarding personality tests, you finally took the chance to take one and discovered that you saw elements of your personality in the test results. I think these tests can be both entertaining - and enlightening for those of us who want to take our intra-personal and inter-personal journeys seriously.