absolutely disgusting

What's happening on this little pale blue dot of ours...
Entity
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): M

absolutely disgusting

Post by Entity » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:56 am

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/11/opini ... needs.html
I saw the absolute worst news article I've seen in years. Fourteen to be exact. It's called "The Bitch America Needs," and it's about Clinton. (From nytimes.com) It glorifies her and says what is essentially "haha they are call the her a Bitch, but what if bich is good, because is insult to women but womyn resist the insult because feminism and power." Here are two hilariously bad screenshots using terrible lingo and pandering crap to appeal to millennials or whatever. Dear God. Now that I think of it, I don't want any potential book I would write to be a New York Times Bestseller if it means it's put next to this junk. I understand that it's an opinion article, but of all opinions to showcase a newspaper that is supposedly fair and accurate, this was their best? It refere to her being an "internet sensation."
SINCE
WHEN?
If anyone here is an internet sensation, it's Trump, because he's featured in countless jokes and posts either painting him as a clown, ironically glorifying him, or actually glorifying him.
Almost everything about Clinton I've seen online from the average person has been in criticism of her. Usually, the words of Clinton's defense are on the sidelines and in comments. I have lost pretty much every shred of respect for the New York Times.
Here are two of my favorite pandering screenshots. I don't feel like explaining them in detail.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (32.27 KiB) Viewed 4489 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (99.64 KiB) Viewed 4489 times
"A penny saved is a penny you keep." -Me

crow
MBTI type: INFJ
Gender (M or F): M

Re: absolutely disgusting

Post by crow » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:02 am

The news is a strangely compelling thing. An addiction that somehow doesn't seem like one. It seems harmless, but look at the effect it can have on you.
I'd say keep away from it, but that would border on the hypocritical.
Put a little distance between it, and your emotions, maybe.
Which, like any other useful skill, takes a bit of practice.