Reality vs. reality.

What's happening on this little pale blue dot of ours...
Entejay
MBTI type: ENTJ
Gender (M or F): M

Re: Reality vs. reality.

Post by Entejay » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:25 pm

crow wrote:Fine. Reject what you don't understand. That is your choice.
What other choice do I have?
Why do you multi-quote, the way you do? Do you do that face-to-face, too?
In leftist circles, this is known as deconstruction. It renders everything meaningless. Are you a nihilist?
Because your replies contain distinct faucets that I want to address separately without giving any chance for misunderstanding and misrepresenting.

I believe I try to conserve the meaning of your post as much as I can while addressing to it as much as I can. I have no purpose of distorting your post, or deviating it somewhere else.

crow
MBTI type: INFJ

Post by crow » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:26 pm

Your English is interesting :)
A faucet is not the same as a facet.
Where do you live?

Entity
MBTI type: INFP

Post by Entity » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:08 am

Just putting it out there, I think anti-theism is a bit too forceful, is it not? Religions do as much harm as the people who believe it, so both good and bad come from religion. I personally am a multi theist, for my religious beliefs change day by day like my mood. One day I will remove myself from religion, the next I will believe in some mystical power, and the cycle continues. You can make people think, but if you try to push them out of their world, they won't follow you at all. They have to leave themselves.
"A penny saved is a penny you keep." -Me

potatotoro
Gender (M or F): F

Post by potatotoro » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:20 am

I think the first sentence you wrote makes a lot of sense. buuuuuuuut
if you think your "beliefs" can change day to day, just like that, depending on what mood you're in, I don't think you really understand what it is to believe in something.
I appreciate the overall message of what your saying and peaceful vibes :)

crow
MBTI type: INFJ

Post by crow » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:03 am

Gotta love you INFPs. So generous and mild-mannered. Makes a decent case for genetic engineering. Or something.

Entejay

Post by Entejay » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:20 am

crow wrote:Your English is interesting :)
A faucet is not the same as a facet.
Where do you live?
Ha! Like you said, sanity is in details.

I live in Eastern Europe.
Entity wrote:Just putting it out there, I think anti-theism is a bit too forceful, is it not?
No, it is not. Anti theism is the natural conclusion that is based on our current knowledge. And before someone changes that, that person should be able to demonstrate that otherwise works too. Nobody has demonstrated that so far. Therefore this is what it is. Besides, anti theism is also what morality requires. The real morality...not the one that religion "tries" to put out.
Religions do as much harm as the people who believe it, so both good and bad come from religion.
Religion on itself is not harmful. People who follow them...ARE. Think about 40 000 religions that came and gone so far. What harm do you see from them? Therefore, it is not religion that is harmful. It is the people who follow them are harmful. And being as anti theist as I am, I teach people to restrain themselves from going crazy and bonkers with something that doesn't give a good reason to do so.
I personally am a multi theist, for my religious beliefs change day by day like my mood. One day I will remove myself from religion, the next I will believe in some mystical power, and the cycle continues.
So, you are not concerned with the truth of what you believe? Besides, if your mood is enough to change your belief, then I doubt that you had any belief to begin with.
You can make people think, but if you try to push them out of their world, they won't follow you at all. They have to leave themselves.
They will. That's what I do.
crow wrote:Gotta love you INFPs. So generous and mild-mannered. Makes a decent case for genetic engineering. Or something.
Genetic engineering? Hmm...If it's a breeding program...sign me up!

potatotoro
Gender (M or F): F

Post by potatotoro » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:43 pm

And being as anti theist as I am, I teach people to restrain themselves from going crazy and bonkers with something that doesn't give a good reason to do so.
I don't see how you can expect to teach people to restrain themselves from going crazy and bonkers for no reason when you have such an explosive and harsh attitude.calm down dude.

Entity

Post by Entity » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:05 pm

Yeah, I guess my beliefs don't exactly change, but my thoughts on religion change. Better?
"A penny saved is a penny you keep." -Me

Entejay

Post by Entejay » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:56 pm

potatotoro wrote:
And being as anti theist as I am, I teach people to restrain themselves from going crazy and bonkers with something that doesn't give a good reason to do so.
I don't see how you can expect to teach people to restrain themselves from going crazy and bonkers for no reason when you have such an explosive and harsh attitude.calm down dude.
I do not agree that my attitude is explosive or harsh. Perhaps you have a very bad role model to compare to.

But I will bite. I will give you the benefit of the doubt. You tell me how should I present myself.
Entity wrote:Yeah, I guess my beliefs don't exactly change, but my thoughts on religion change. Better?
Of course it's better. Now, the next step is to learn what is a belief, and why religion abuses it. Then you won't have that "changing" at all.

owiekapowie
MBTI type: infp
Gender (M or F): m

Post by owiekapowie » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:00 pm

Potatotoro don't give him the time of day, you either entity, he is just looking to cause problems on the board, he isn't worth dealing with

Entejay

Post by Entejay » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:13 pm

owiekapowie wrote:Potatotoro don't give him the time of day, you either entity, he is just looking to cause problems on the board, he isn't worth dealing with
I don't need to cause any problems. You are perfectly capable of causing them yourself.