Donald Trump

What's happening on this little pale blue dot of ours...
potatotoro
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): F

Re: Donald Trump

Post by potatotoro » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:58 am

wow that was weirdly hypnotizing, i almost witched the full video without realizing it.

Entity
Gender (M or F): M

Post by Entity » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:35 am

China China China, China Chi na. China? China China China!
"A penny saved is a penny you keep." -Me

crow
MBTI type: INFJ

Post by crow » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:47 am

That's a Huffington Post production, so I didn't even bother watching it. You don't get more left-wing that that crew, and so, naturally, Trump is their mortal enemy.
You really can't get with anything he says? Really? It's the last word in what used to be referred-to as common sense, meaning self-evident fact, before the left's ideology more or less outlawed any connection with Reality.
Trump is the first guy in years and years who has dared to openly counter the left. And he's done it. The left is so shell-shocked they have no idea what to do. They've forgotten that anybody even could be still normal.
You laugh, perhaps, thinking 'normal' is about the last word you'd use to describe Trump. That's because everything that has been considered 'normal' for the last 30 years has been a left-wing inversion of what normal always was, throughout human history.
I'm old enough to know this: what was normal and encouraged 30 years ago could get you locked up today. And crimes that carried severe penalties 30 years ago are now called normal and encouraged.
This is not 'progressive'. It is warped.
Trump is reminding everyone of this, and his support is overwhelming. Personally, I don't think anything can stop him now.
He's a once in a lifetime event. Whether you love him or hate him, you should pay attention. You'll almost certainly never see his like, again.

Entity

Post by Entity » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:12 pm

Just wondering, what serious crimes are now considered normal? Please clarify. I didn't even see who made the video until you pointed it out, I don't care who made it as long as the video is entertaining. I don't even really care about Huffington Post, or any news source, they're all just tools for the media to make money off of people's beliefs. I guess I should pay attention to Trump, there is indeed no one like him. Describe more about the inversion of normality, I'm curious. The acceptance of homosexuality only makes sense. I agree with Trump in the fact that political correctness has gone too far, but I don't agree that the Law of Blood should be rewritten. I think the Latino vote might be a thing that's stopping him, but he has money, and money is power in this world of ours.

crow

Post by crow » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:38 pm

How does the acceptance of homosexuality make sense?

Prior crimes included:
Homosexuality. Sodomy. Treason. Self-defense. Abortion. Obscenity (including public displays of). Illegal immigration. Antisocial behavior. Any non-prescription drug use. Public drunkenness.
Prior virtues included:
Heterosexuality, celibacy before marriage, religion, ability to defend oneself and others, knowing right from wrong, patriotism, respect and consideration for others.

I have an unusual perspective on all of this, in that I was absent from my own culture for 25 years, before returning to it, to find that my previously slightly leftist youthful tendencies were now viewed as ultra right-wing, fascist, bigoted, homophobic racism. Of course, they were no such thing, but viewed through the current political lens, they appeared, to others, to be.
Not keeping up with political trends can, apparently, over a period of time, land you in jail.

It seems that Latinos that went to the trouble - and through the process - of emigrating legally, mostly support The Trump in his views. He refers exclusively to illegal immigrants.
He refreshes the notion that any country that is a country, must abide by, and enforce, the rule of law, or chaos will result.

Actually, money doesn't guarantee anything like the power you may imagine it does. I never had any, now I have lots. Very little has changed as a result of this, except in the area of comfort and convenience; both of which can prove to be unexpectedly detrimental to health and longevity, not to mention spirituality.

Entity

Post by Entity » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:52 pm

Hm. I never knew homosexuality was a crime. That's rather sad. Because really, what people are attracted to doesn't matter unless it harms anyone else. I'm not saying that everyone should accept homosexuality regardless of their religion, I just want gays to have the same rights. Everyone is free to have his or her own moral code, but never should people hold others to said code. Culture and humanity itself seems to be transforming at an alarming rate. That is both good and bad.

Sodomy as in bestiality is atrocious, I hope that's never legal. As in gay sex, however, from a neutral standpoint it's not a problem. In older days, gay sex was wrong due to the fact that it can't produce offspring. Now that we have enough people on Earth, it's a less feasible reason.

Antisocial behavior as in the kind that can harm others is a problem, but antisocial behavior as in lack of knowledge in social situations is awkward, but passible.
It seems that everything I try to say as a general fact, you have a decent counter for. I'm glad for that, because this discussion (or whatever it is) is very informative. Thanks.

crow

Post by crow » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:25 am

Well, you certainly receive it well. That is usually not the case on forums. I appreciate your civilized manner.
It's a problem getting older and being old. The young have little to compare anything to, whereas the old have too much.
Back in my youth, the young were expected to have some degree of respect for their elders, and as you so often see, that is yet another thing that is now almost completely lost.

It's interesting to note that your current views regarding homosexuality would have probably gotten you universally reviled and quite possibly arrested, back in the 1950s.
It was a time of minimal 'diversity', which is the reason it worked as well as it did. As you can see: the super duper diverse and vibrant present, barely works at all.

Entity

Post by Entity » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:30 am

Yep. Each new thing brings a new problem.

crow

Post by crow » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:41 pm

This is what happens when every member of an entire population lives exclusively inside its mind.
The mind doesn't consider how its little ideas will actually influence and affect everything else around it. It just thinks all its ideas are great ideas.
So for every idea, there is a real-world manifestation, and every one of them at odds with all the others.
This is the value, now mostly forgotten, of 'tradition', where what worked is honored and left alone, because it works.

This is the essence of conservatism. You tend to come to it as you get older, which necessarily involves growing-up.
What we see, today, is a huge segment of the population who never did grow up.
There are few things sadder than 65 year old teenagers demanding their latest great ideas get written into law.

Non

Post by Non » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:24 pm

pessimist wrote:LOL

I'm laughing with you but I don't know what we're laughing at

Entity

Post by Entity » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:34 pm

You know, I still disagree with Trump and all, but now, Trump jokes are too easy and simple to make. If you ever even mention money or politics, someone will come up and say, "Trump, am I right, ha!" It's getting tiring. Like a severely outdated meme. At this point, I've greatly lessened all shits to give about the election. The U.S. will survive another election, and I won't be too affected unless something seriously goes wrong, so it's not within my realm to be spewing out my opinion.

potatotoro
Gender (M or F): F

Post by potatotoro » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:50 pm

China because China.

BabyDragon
Site Admin
MBTI type: INTJ

Post by BabyDragon » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:05 am

I really wouldn't like Trump or Sanders to win, for different reasons. I'm pretty sure that Sanders wouldn't be good for the economy, and Trump has some weird economic ideas too, even though he's a businessman. And who's gonna pay for that bigot wall he wants? Is he going to pay for it or the taxpayer?

crow

Post by crow » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:17 am

It's pretty bigoted to call it his bigot wall. A wall is a wall. It's what countries have when they want to remain countries.
You seem uninformed, so I'll explain: Mexico is going to pay for the wall, he says, because it is in Mexico's interests to do so.
Either you can understand this, or you can't, but bigotry has nothing to do with anything, except that those who use the word 'bigot' are invariably bigots themselves.
Personally, I don't care if somebody is a bigot. It's a natural enough state to inhabit, whereas the nasty word, itself, speaks volumes about those who like to insult others with it.
Let's face it: calling somebody a bigot, isn't the ideal route to peace, is it? It is the antithesis of goodwill.
Neither are any of the other attack-terms leftists so freely level at anybody who is still a human, as opposed to hive-mind termites.
Acting nice isn't being nice.
The bigot fails to make the distinction.

BabyDragon
Site Admin
MBTI type: INTJ

Post by BabyDragon » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:02 am

well, you could then use that justification for any bad adjective, just throw it back to the person who said it.

Mexicans are not a burden. They are contributing to the economy even as illegals. And they are contributing to Mexico by sending money to their poor relatives. I don't see why Mexico would pay so much money for that wall. It's the 21. century. Walls are such a medieval thing :)