Stupid question, how do you guys EAT?

Off-topic discussions and other topics that can't fit anywhere else
Pam
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): F

Stupid question, how do you guys EAT?

Post by Pam » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:48 pm

Trying to dig into the eating habits of INFPs. :D

When there's good food I eat fast like an Auschwitz survivor. Sometimes I wonder how I manage to stay thin. I'm not particularly picky either.
Site about the istp personality: http://www.istps.com/

boredToDeath
Gender (M or F): M

Re: Stupid question, how do you guys EAT?

Post by boredToDeath » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:21 am

Haha :D Same here...but I try to slow down my eating because I found out that it takes away the pleasure of eating. I also always stay thin no matter what, but as soon as I started being conscious about my weight, I started to gain some. When I stopped caring, I became thin again. So I found that this area is only psychological, and actually has nothing to do with eating :)
Life is a comedy to those who think and a tragedy to those who feel.

Nomorenames
MBTI type: infp
Gender (M or F): u

Post by Nomorenames » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:33 am

I like to sample everything on my plate at once, then try one thing at a time. I tend to rush when I'm eating at home or at school or at work. I catch myself doing this and slow down because I want to fully experience the food! When I'm out with friends or by myself I consciously make an effort to enjoy my meal.

....yes, my life is so dull that I have to transform eating into a quasi-religious experience to make up for how vacuous everything else is.

EchoAnswer

Post by EchoAnswer » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:15 am

I totally love food, and I focus entirely on my food when I eat & may eat rather quickly. I don't like to talk between bites because then I find myself unable to focus on the taste. Generally, I am that way in most sensory experiences; I have to make a conscious effort to focus on it solely in order to enjoy it fully.

This does create a sort of hungry, stray animal effect to my eating habits :D . I am NOT a messy, noisy or uncouth eater though. I can't enjoy my food when I have to eat around people like that either....

I'm not picky in regards to different types of food & I have a wide palette, but I admit I will play food critic when it comes to quality. I was raised by an ISFJ who is truly a gifted cook & baker (not just my opinion or the views of family - rather universal verdict by anyone who eats her food), so I think that's why I have high standards.

I enjoy novelty & variety - I've joked that I would eat a sheep's eyeball without hesitation (not really a joke though....I would!). Even though I am not naturally gifted with food like my mom is, I also enjoy cooking, so I eat at home a lot, and when I go out, I like to try stuff I can't make at home (yet). I don't have a big appetite though, I find it easy to limit portions of junk food & sweets (which I like sometimes, just like most people), and I generally prefer fresh, homemade food with a good balance of veggies & fruit, so overeating and keeping healthy are not issues for me.

lifesight

Post by lifesight » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:26 pm

I dislike food, if i can not eat and live, i think i would eat only 2 or 3 times per month! i find no pleasure in eating, it is something i should do in order to stay alive.
i though like fruits.

Krissie
Gender (M or F): f

Post by Krissie » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:47 pm

I've only met one person who disliked food. There is definitely something wrong. Do you have pains after you eat? cramps? diarrhea? Are you using food to maintain control? Like i said, food is a very pleasureable part of life, and I'm sorry you are missing out.

I have to eat Gluten-Free. I'm Celiac. Found it out myself completely by accident. But, as an INFP, I'm always finding out stuff before others do anyway.

Gender (M or F): o

Post by 2011 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:37 am

I like eating while doing something else like reading.
Kind of like just to fill the stomach.
I would eat less too if living doesn't require this amount of nutritional intake.
Sometimes I look at the food for a long time in between bites
and think what they contain.. if they're healthy... what's known about them etc.

Randomosity

Post by Randomosity » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:46 pm

Krissie wrote:I've only met one person who disliked food. There is definitely something wrong. Do you have pains after you eat? cramps? diarrhea? Are you using food to maintain control? Like i said, food is a very pleasureable part of life, and I'm sorry you are missing out.

I have to eat Gluten-Free. I'm Celiac. Found it out myself completely by accident. But, as an INFP, I'm always finding out stuff before others do anyway.
Oh my gosh me too!!!!!!!! It sucks when you see something with gluten in it, but you can't have it. I found out because I had constant stomache aches, so I went to the doctor and they told me I had Celiac Disease. I like to eat pretty much everything. I eatreallyfast when it's something I like. :D

4Eyes

Post by 4Eyes » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:21 pm

I love to eat and I love food, but I'm often so focused on other things that I forget to eat and the only thing that reminds me usually is the fact that I've started getting dizzy and nauseous. There are also times when I have no desire to eat whatsoever and I don't feel hungry, even when my body is telling me it's time to eat, but that's usually when I'm depressed.

Zetturn
MBTI type: INTJ

Post by Zetturn » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:15 pm

I mostly eat while standing up, Fast and fast.

Lightworker111

Post by Lightworker111 » Sun May 31, 2015 8:47 pm

I have been vegetarian (aka I do not eat anything with a face) since I was 13. My empathy is what led to that decision ultimately only adding to my infp-a weirdness :) :p.

owiekapowie
MBTI type: infp
Gender (M or F): m

Post by owiekapowie » Sun May 31, 2015 10:55 pm

I'm willing to try just about anything, but I love meat and all of the flavors that it is able to create, really I guess I should say I just love food and all its infinite possibilities

Entity

Post by Entity » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:26 pm

When the food is good, I have the capacity to eat as much as physically possible, but sometimes, I can have just a bite of bread and be full. I'm definitely not messy with my food, and I hate sticky things. I'm picky on my own, but when I'm a guest I'll eat anything as to not disappoint or sadden my host. I have a disdain for Mexican food, and I've actually never had Chinese food before. I usually don't like hamburgers, but for some reason, the last one I had was great. I don't like raw tomatoes or cheese on my sandwiches. I like cheese, but not the super thick kinds.
"A penny saved is a penny you keep." -Me

potatotoro

Post by potatotoro » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:42 am

sometimes i get so excited when i eat craftdinner, i forget to breath...is that just me?