ADHD

Off-topic discussions and other topics that can't fit anywhere else
Abm94
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): F

ADHD

Post by Abm94 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:46 am

Hi there! Any other infp’s on here who have adhd? I find that being an introvert with adhd seems very paradoxical, because my hyperactivity manifests itself with being hyper talkative. I am still am a total introvert when it comes to social gatherings and needing time alone to recharge, which I thoroughly enjoy! I am also a highly sensitive person, so that makes life interesting when you’re hyperactive, yet get overstimulated by everything 😅

BabyDragon
Site Admin
MBTI type: INTJ
Gender (M or F): M

Re: ADHD

Post by BabyDragon » Mon May 21, 2018 10:59 pm

hi amb94

not an INFP but I do think I have ADHD. I've found stimulants to be helpful (like nicotine and caffeine). Too bad nobody can prescribe Aderral in my country.

does your ADHD interfere with work, school and organizational skills?

Abm94
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): F

Post by Abm94 » Tue May 22, 2018 4:56 pm

Caffeine is my favorite kind of stimulant lol! I can drink coffee with dinner and will feel calmer and still fall asleep easily! Interesting that they won’t prescribe aderall in your country...where do you live? Europe? I mean that is a wise decision being that the rate of aderall abuse is skyrocketing in America. I am on a different stimulant called Concerta—it’s basically a long acting form of Ritalin but it works a little differently and seems to be more effective. I find that the concerta helps a lot, but the frustrating thing is it wears off after 10 hours, so then around the evening time, my adhd usually rebounds 😝

My adhd is challenging in those ways, but I have overcompensated for my symptoms for so long that I have somehow managed to do well in school and graduate from college. Now I still struggle with things on a daily basis like time management, emotional regulation, planning, etc. I find that the most difficult things for me are “basic” responsibilities such as organizing, cleaning, and not losing things. Id rather be working on a creative project or researching things that are stimulating to my brain. seems weird I know, but my brain is simply wired differently!

BabyDragon
Site Admin
MBTI type: INTJ
Gender (M or F): M

Post by BabyDragon » Wed May 23, 2018 9:42 am

Yeah in Europe they don't have Aderal (I think they do in UK).

I feel the same way about the last part of your post. My mind is just too focused on the theoretical, disregarding the practical. It can be a real problem.