The New Dog

Off-topic discussions and other topics that can't fit anywhere else
Pyrra
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): f

The New Dog

Post by Pyrra » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:03 am

We have decided to give home to a dog.
I found her over the Internet, they guess she is about 6 months old, and for the first time she is living with humans. She used to be part of a pack of streetdogs in Romania. She is very cute. And very clever. We called her Sally.
Has Sally has learned incredibly fast, what it means to live with humans. Within two days she has learned that "wiwi in the house" is not a good thing to do, and whereas it is still hard for her to wait for the walkies, she is indicating at the door now, when she needs to go out. Also she has learned, if she wants the treat in my hand, she shouldn't jump up on me, but nicely sit. She is a great dog.
I am just a little worried for my daughters safety, as Sally seems to be not very sure where my daughter stands in the packs hirarchy, and I am not sure if Sally understands my daughter's body is covered with skin, and not with fur.
I guess we will be working on this together, all three of us.

Entity
Gender (M or F): M

Re: The New Dog

Post by Entity » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:19 pm

That's great. I'm getting a cat very soon, so I hope it'll be as adaptable as Sally.
"A penny saved is a penny you keep." -Me

Pyrra
Gender (M or F): f

Post by Pyrra » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:27 pm

I really like cats, too.
I used to live in Egypt for a little while, and a stray cat decided to give birth to a litter on top of my house. Shortly after that a second cat-mum joined her with her 4 kittens...and at peak-points I had up to nine cats sitting on me!
What I love about cats is how well they can look after themselves. I will never forget how this kitten absolutely humiliated me.
It was raining, a very rare sight in Egypt, and if it rains, it RAINS. And of course, I was terribly worried the poor cats might get wet. (how silly...I know) .. but I opend the office door for them and bit by bit carried the poor little sods inside, where they'd be safe. Of course all of them were completly wet to the bone, and, what was even worse, one of them I could not find at all.
When the rain finally stopped and the sun came out again, right in the middle of the dripping wet world there was a perfectly dry, fluffy cat.

Entity
Gender (M or F): M

Post by Entity » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:32 pm

That's adorable. :)
"A penny saved is a penny you keep." -Me