What was your childhood like?

Off-topic discussions and other topics that can't fit anywhere else
Pam
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): F

What was your childhood like?

Post by Pam » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:51 pm

And did you have any quirks or crazy beliefs as a child?
Site about the istp personality: http://www.istps.com/

BabyDragon
Site Admin
MBTI type: INTJ
Gender (M or F): M

Re: What was your childhood like?

Post by BabyDragon » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:25 pm

As a kid I believed women had an even longer penis than men and that's why they wore skirts to hide it.

Phil
MBTI type: ISFP

Post by Phil » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:43 pm

BabyDragon wrote:As a kid I believed women had an even longer penis than men and that's why they wore skirts to hide it.
I'm aroused.

I believe that the teachers didn't have the right to tell us what to do when we're out of school (Homework), and pretty much failed because of it. Shit, I still believe that.

Faby

Post by Faby » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:34 am

Pretty much horrible, full of bullies, and to this moment, full of fucktard parents whom I'd looove to just mmmmurder to death, but oh, that's illegal :lol:

But it had its upsides, somewhere lost in the murky seas of depression and hatred.

Beliefs... let's see.

I thought school was the be all and end all of life, and that if I don't obey teachers to the letter, I'd fail. Thankfully, I soon came across the internet and the vast sea of information, and I learnt to shoo away all the teachers' bullshit, and worries for homework and grades.

However, I'm still in high school (last year), so a minimal amount of cramming shit down my throat for the final exams is, regretfully, requisite.

lifesight

Post by lifesight » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:16 pm

my childhood was abusive, something i will spend my life learning how to get over.
I created my own world (normal for kids to do? right?) but nope, it wasn't that normal because i pushed it to the extreme, i was deeply convinced that this world do not exist, and only mine does... built my world from people characters (created a father and whatnot) to systems and beliefs and values, and the rules of that world were on top of the rules of the real world. (i was brought to reality years ago)

Kiddo
MBTI type: INTP

Post by Kiddo » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:26 am

i believed that when adults got to ride shotgun they detached their fake leg that faced the door so that it wouldn't get cut off.
Proud proprietor of first-kiss insurance.

Kimchi

Post by Kimchi » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:58 pm

Quiet, peaceful. Grew up in a three story gray home in the suburbs. Growing up I think I had some angst and some difficulty with my peers, but I had my sanctuary.

My mom used to read me and my sister books before bed, and my Grandma would give me stories like Lord of the Rings, so I became infatuated with reading. I had a lot of fond -though sometimes lonely- memories of reading my room.

It was always very quiet outside and I'd often wander alone through the woods and barefoot through the stream.

When I was a teenager I was always trying to fit in with kids my own age. I felt like I had to be more out going and that something was wrong with me. But in college I found my own. I could care less if someone finds me too quiet and aloof. I have my moments of extroversion but I am happiest with a few friends, some coffee -or booze- and good conversation.

As an INFP one thing that sticks out is my need for alone time even when I was very young. And I was lucky to have too wonderful parents who -mostly- got it. I think if it wasn't for such understanding parents I'd be a bit nuts now and not as confident as I am -like some INFPs I've met online-.

flabbytabby
MBTI type: RAWR

Post by flabbytabby » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:18 pm

I spent my free time puttering about gardens, observing all sorts of bugs and flowers. And when I came home, I'd draw them in my notebooks and make up stories about flower fairies in their leafy abodes.

I was a loner and was bullied at home and in school. But I sought out kids just like myself - quiet, nice types who were also bullied or avoided for no good reason.