The Random Notes Thread

Off-topic discussions and other topics that can't fit anywhere else
serenesam
MBTI type: INTJ
Gender (M or F): M

Re: The Random Notes Thread

Post by serenesam » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:40 pm

I honestly find it interesting in that one INTP female from Youtube likes “evolution” and “psychology (she says that in approximately 2 minutes and 47 seconds).” Perhaps one can connect the dots and get psychological evolution or evolutionary psychology. :laugh:

Here’s the full Youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6w8fQzpa-s
"So all that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed — only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle." – Nikola Tesla

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:49 pm

Seriously, I don’t know why some people think Thea Queen is an ISFP. She is an ESFP in my eyes. Didn’t she open a business having to do with DJs? That’s more ESFP. She is clearly an extrovert in that she can handle crowds of people and lots of noise. Wasn’t there like a scene where Oliver Queen asked where she was going and Thea said “somewhere loud and smoky?” Thea Queen also has great potential to be a fighter and in some ways, her Te shows itself in the concrete (Te is in the service of Se and not the other way around unlike some idiots out there) as it’s pretty clear that even her biological father Merlyn sees the potential to train her as a fighter, at least over her half-brother Tommy.
"So all that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed — only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle." – Nikola Tesla

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:52 pm

Here’s another thing I just randomly thought of illustrating the non-intelligence of the mass populace. If one understands that N-types constitute the minority, why do some people find it hard for there to be an N-type person in a family where the parents, siblings, and all other relatives are S-types? In other words, having an N-type parent is not a requirement to actually be an N-type.

In fact, it actually makes more mathematical and logical sense for that to be the case. Why do you think Einstein’s parents thought he was retarded? Why do you think some parent’s who have INTP kids take them to see a psychiatrist and ask them to fix their child (I recall this from watching a Youtube video on INTPs from Personality Hacker)?

It’s amazing that I am the only one that is able to compute this kind of “math” in my brain. Ha. Ha.

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:50 pm

Susan Yu, an attorney that defended Michael Jackson:

Here is a Youtube video of her: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HoJPxf-QDg

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:59 pm

Favored academic fields of personality types:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX-7v0UJAHc

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:46 pm

"No one has the ability to understand our path until it is over, and if you can sustain your interest in what you are doing in your later years, you are very lucky. Many people get tired, indifferent, and defensive, and lose their capacity for astonishment…Daily life astonishes me. I’m looking through the door here, at the little table-and-chairs that was painted a light green and yellow, and there’s a plant on the table — a little pussy willow — and the combination is totally astonishing… Shadows in the night astonish me. And when you’re working, and you’re putting forms out on paper, every once in a while you’ll be astonished by what happens… The great thing about the work, and particularly work later in your life, is that you can still maintain the sense of possibility that at the end of the day you’ll know something that you didn’t know at the beginning of the day. And I just find that an extraordinary gift." - Milton Glaser

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:37 pm

Bipolar Disorder - Lecture 2014 - Dr. Patrick McKeon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HByl6pCGEps

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:52 pm

Here is a random referencing:

"As I type this, I’m remembering my life in 2011, when I was in the very early stages of treatment and was still trying to find the right medication combination. Over the span of a couple days, I experienced two “negative” events. One of them just kind of annoyed me; the other one left me completely devastated and convinced I had no future." - February 5, 2015 by INFJ Advice

Source: INFJ Advice

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:20 pm

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:59 pm

“A subtle thought that is in error may yet give rise to fruitful inquiry that can establish truths of great value.” – Isaac Asimov

“Poetry is nearer to vital truth than history.” – Plato

"I do not know what I may appear to the world, but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Isaac Newton

t is very hard to say the exact truth, even about your own immediate feelings – much harder than to say something fine about them which is not the exact truth.” - George Elliot

Now that shows the magic of Ni!

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:32 pm

Nicola Hitchcock:

Mandalay Beautiful 7'' Canny Mix:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H0QoQSjqqc

Mandalay - This Life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI7fve8HEeA

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:02 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y4gY36erU4

I honestly think that female is an INTJ with 100% certainty and her video on quantum logic and psychology illustrates the “magic of Ni.”

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:18 pm

Damn, Taylor Swift has evolved and taken it to a whole new level….let me guess….her tertiary and inferior functions are developing rapidly….especially for an ESTP…..

….Pay attention to the word “magic” in this music video:

Taylor Swift - Blank Space:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-ORhEE9VVg

I absolutely thinks she should move away from that “country tone” and move “forward” into more mainstream pop music. It just seems to fit appropriately with the more aging physical body of hers:

Taylor Swift – Style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CmadmM5cOk

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:14 pm

This Youtube video is the most amusing thing I have seen in a whole year:

I finally know my type:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMA9iGTMOpA

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:56 pm

“Men love a submissive woman, Damon said simply. Even when they say the don't. There's just something about a beautiful, soft woman looking to them to protect and take care of them that inspires a man to greatness.” - Maya Banks, Sweet Surrender

“It's hard for an educated woman to turn her head off. That's part of the joy of being a submissive. None of the decisions are yours. When you can't refuse anything and can't even move, those voices in your head go silent. All you can do, and all you are permitted to do, is feel.” - Cherise Sinclair, Dark Citadel