The Random Notes Thread

Off-topic discussions and other topics that can't fit anywhere else
serenesam
MBTI type: INTJ
Gender (M or F): M

Re: The Random Notes Thread

Post by serenesam » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:33 pm

"So all that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed — only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle." – Nikola Tesla

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:37 pm

"So all that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed — only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle." – Nikola Tesla

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:54 pm

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:43 pm

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” ― Isaac Asimov

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:46 pm

Hard times create strong men.
Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men.
Weak men create hard times.
Does the above mean that change is an illusion? If things move in circles, does that also mean that change is an illusion?

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:50 pm

Good times create weak men.
You know that doesn't apply to the Chinese and potentially other East Asians right? :lol:

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:26 pm

serenesam wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:28 pm
"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense." - Corinne Olympios from Instagram.

Source: Corinne Olympios - Instagram
I guess this means the former Bachelor contestant is on the Ni-Se or Se-Ni Dynamic. I can't imagine a Dominant or Auxiliary Fe or Fi individual saying that. Yes, no S-type would say that. No SJ Guardian would say that. Maybe a SP Artisan may say that but I still have trouble visualizing that because S-types reflect the world of reality, concreteness, and/or that which is tangible. Also, I don't get a P-type vibe from what I recall based on her appearance on that reality show. This means that woman is likely NJ. I believe I typed her up as an ENTJ a while ago on some forum having to do with INTJs. She was or is definitely Fi-Te or Te-Fi as opposed to Fe-Ti or Ti-Fe. So yeah, ENTJ.

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:29 pm

Yes, out of all the cognitive functions, Ni probably is the most craziest.

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:06 pm

serenesam wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:28 pm
"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense." - Corinne Olympios from Instagram.

Source: Corinne Olympios - Instagram
Must be Ni leaking out unconsciously/unknowingly. :mrgreen:

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:51 pm

I just remembered some dude who claimed to have a high IQ and to be a member of Mensa elsewhere tried telling me that all quantitative science is quantitative. No, not all quantitative science is quantitative for not all science is numerical. Did he actually meant quantitative data? See, this the thing, I don’t really care if you have a PhD in whatever for Black Pill Philosophy acknowledges the degradation associated with the human mind. Conflation and/or confusion of terms/words are things virtually unavoidable even if you’re a contributing PhD author to a university textbook. That too is a reflection of Black Pill Philosophy. Just Google “quantitative data, quantitative research, and quantitative science” and hopefully, you’ll know what I mean. I recall asking him if he was sure about that statement and he responded by asking me to provide a counterexample. I did with the counterexample of the mathematical term known as an unknown which is defined as “a quantity of unknown numerical value” according to The Free Dictionary By Farlex. He then appeared confused by asking me why I would provide a mathematical term. Well, why wouldn’t I? I have every right to provide a mathematical term as a counterexample even in the context of science and/or scientific understanding. See, the problem with his statement was the incorporation of the word “all” because even something as crazy as the discovery of magic associated with everything which would include that which is quantitative and that which is numerical would render his statement to be false. He emphasized that he understood statistics, well, statistics is a branch of mathematics isn’t it (according to Wikipedia)? Another thing you have to consider is the question of whether everything can be quantifiable even just talking in the quantitative sense excluding that which is qualitative.

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:06 pm

serenesam wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:51 pm
I just remembered some dude who claimed to have a high IQ and to be a member of Mensa elsewhere tried telling me that all quantitative science is quantitative. No, not all quantitative science is quantitative for not all science is numerical. Did he actually meant quantitative data?
See, if he had said "all quantitative measurement is quantitative," that actually makes better sense though I would still be hesitant to use the word "all."

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:07 pm

serenesam wrote:
Just Google “quantitative data, quantitative research, and quantitative science” and hopefully, you’ll know what I mean.
You could add "quantitative measurement" to the above list as well.

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:15 pm

serenesam wrote:
See, the problem with his statement was the incorporation of the word “all” because even something as crazy as the discovery of magic associated with everything which would include that which is quantitative and that which is numerical would render his statement to be false.
“If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have the key to the universe.” - Nikola Tesla

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:34 pm

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:50 pm

ENTJ - Reddit

Why is there a thread for "Bernie Sanders Bumper Sticker" that is green on Reddit for ENTJs? Why is it like a sticky?