The Random Notes Thread

Off-topic discussions and other topics that can't fit anywhere else
serenesam
MBTI type: INTJ
Gender (M or F): M

Re: The Random Notes Thread

Post by serenesam » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:12 pm

"What I miss in astrological literature is chiefly the statistical method by which certain fundamental facts could be scientifically established." - Carl Jung

"In cases of difficult psychological diagnosis I usually get a horoscope in order to have a further point of view from an entirely different angle." - Carl Jung
"So all that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed — only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle." – Nikola Tesla

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:21 pm

serenesam wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:59 pm
serenesam wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:34 pm
“There are no solutions. There are only trade-offs.” ― Thomas Sowell
For every unit that is added to empathy, a unit is subtracted from psychopathy and for every unit that is added to psychopathy, a unit is subtracted from empathy.
Which still ultimately ends with The Black Pill. :mrgreen:
"So all that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed — only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle." – Nikola Tesla

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:00 pm

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:57 pm

Do people fall in love in mysterious ways? Not really because all you have to do is look at interracial couples and take a look at the desirability of Asian men and Black women. Lust is greater than love. Lust trumps love. Welcome to The Black Pill.

So no, there’s nothing magical, mysterious, or divine about the following music video with Taryn Southern:

THINKING OUT LOUD - Ed Sheeran - Taryn Southern Music Video Cover | Taryn Southern

Oh and by the way, you know the part in the above where the chick sings about making the same mistakes, well yeah, it shouldn’t come as a surprise if chicks like dudes with Dark Triad traits. I can’t tell if that is Black Pill or Red Pill but at the very least, it’s Red Pill. Or, perhaps the promotion/love of Dark Triad traits continues the cycle of violence, evil, and the like and so that’s Black Pill?

crow
MBTI type: INFJ

Post by crow » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:03 pm

Do you ever wonder if reducing the complexities of life to pills of varying colors is a less than optimal approach?

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:28 pm

crow wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:03 pm
Do you ever wonder if reducing the complexities of life to pills of varying colors is a less than optimal approach?
No not really because doing so is the best way to understanding optimization. In other words, you have to start somewhere instead of just saying that everyone and everything is simply just different from each other.

crow

Post by crow » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:42 pm

In wanting everything to "make sense", one runs the risk of developing the view that everything is something that can, and should, "make sense".
This outlook is a fast-track to lunacy. Reality is not arranged to "make sense" to humans, no matter how smart any particular human is.

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:42 pm

crow wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:42 pm
In wanting everything to "make sense", one runs the risk of developing the view that everything is something that can, and should, "make sense".
This outlook is a fast-track to lunacy. Reality is not arranged to "make sense" to humans, no matter how smart any particular human is.
So what do you want to do with underlying themes/constructs? There's always going to be exceptions, outliers, and/or anomalies.

I remember in some forum having to do with INTJs, someone mentioned almost implying in a more critique way about people saying that "men are blank and women are blank." Well yeah, men do indeed tend to be a certain way and the same applies to women. Then when you factor in other things such as race, sure, that's when maybe you get to say that well White women in particular tend to be more unpredictable or even magical. Notice that even then or even at that point, there's still an underlying theme/construct known as "White + women."

crow

Post by crow » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:33 pm

When the mind stops trying to figure stuff out, the smog dissipates, and peace reigns.
Resist the urge to try to figure that out :)

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:36 pm

crow wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:33 pm
When the mind stops trying to figure stuff out, the smog dissipates, and peace reigns.
Resist the urge to try to figure that out :)
But people need to figure stuff out in order to have meaning and some form of sanity.

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:37 pm

It sure is interesting when I Google Image search “crown.” I could totally see myself having an avatar with a crown, a signature resembling that of an ENTJ, and identifying myself as an ENTJ on MBTI forums. On non-MBTI forums, I could see myself as having just the crown avatar and the signature reflecting an ENTJ. :mrgreen:

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:45 pm

serenesam wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:59 pm
I care about Issues | ENTJ-A [TPC]
When that one chick in the above Youtube video puts on a crown at around 0:38, it looks fabulous!

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:50 pm

serenesam wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:59 pm
I care about Issues | ENTJ-A [TPC]
Damn, I get the feeling that I could play the above Youtube video over and over again 10, 20, 30, 40, or even 50 years from now!

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:33 pm

serenesam wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:51 pm

Source: imgrum Link 1

Wow, did the above image change? I could have sworn that INTJ was in the place of the ISTJ. I mean I don’t know, anybody who has paid attention to my past posts knows that I’ve always believed that the ISTJ was more evil than the INTJ. Notice that in that above link, it says “v. 2.0” so I think it means “version 2.0.”
serenesam wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:57 pm

Source: imgrum Link 2

Note that in the above link to that image, it says “early draft.”
A callous unemotional personality style is definitely more evil or dangerous than a callous unemotional impulsive/impulsivity because the prior is more natural. Usually, that which is more natural such as a natural gift, natural talent, natural ability, or natural capability will reign superior to that which isn’t. Impulsive/impulsivity implies some sort of chaos, unpredictability, spontaneity, and/or automation. This is less dangerous because there is some kind of reliance upon intuition or faith which may or may not produce a desired outcome in a particular or given situation.

Within the context of MBTI, I remember that someone made a Youtube video a while ago about INTPs and that such types with Auxiliary Ne also have Ni abilities. Is it possible that the reverse is just as true? You see, I believe that Dominant Ni and Auxiliary Ni folks also have Ne capabilities besides their usual ability of Ni. It’s like I believe you could literally take Ni and drop the lowercase of “i” and take Ne and drop the lowercase of “e.” The emphasis is to recognize the world of Intuition as opposed to the world of Sensation. For what difference would it make if Intuition takes the form of depth or breadth?

I remember reading some blog from some INTJ female where she talked about the copy and pasted personality descriptions you see over and over again about INTJs being analytical and blah, blah, blah kind-of-thing and how she never really considered herself to be “analytical.” Is there some kind of connection or correlation between Intuition and Impulsive/Impulsivity? You see, when certain members associated with the MBTI community starts talking about chaos, unpredictability, or the like, they appear to be pointing to the big letter of being a P-type. But, when it shows up reflecting a particular cognitive function such as Ni where Ni is usually founded in J-types, do you not see the possibility for confusion and/or complication?

When you have been obsessed with MBTI for years like I have, you should really be able to see and/or differentiate the difference between the world of Intuition as opposed to the world of Sensation. The world of Intuition is creative, captivating, lively, attractive, beautiful, et cetera. What if impulsive/impulsivity or the state of an automatic being or even that without much forethought, conscious awareness, or cognitive control is actually reflective of something a lot more profound, deep, beautiful, and positive as opposed to nasty, evil, or negative?

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:46 pm