The Random Notes Thread

Off-topic discussions and other topics that can't fit anywhere else
serenesam
MBTI type: INTJ
Gender (M or F): M

Re: The Random Notes Thread

Post by serenesam » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:30 pm

Former NASA Employee: “The Moon Landings Were Faked”

It sure is comforting knowing that we live in a Flat Earth. 8-)
"So all that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed — only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle." – Nikola Tesla

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:40 pm

serenesam wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:08 pm
serenesam wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:37 pm
What if r/K Selection Theory is false within a species or a race but not false across a species or a race?
What if r/K Selection Theory is false within a species or a race but not false across species or races?

There, now that looks better. :mrgreen:
You see, this is the problem I have with some people when they tell you to “look inside yourself” or “all the answers are inside of you” as if one shouldn’t look outside or “think outside the box.” Think about it, if many answers in life come in the form of ranges, spectrums, and continuums, why limit yourself only to that which is inside or internal?
"So all that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed — only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle." – Nikola Tesla

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:23 pm

serenesam wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:42 pm
Question and Answer From Peter Joseph - Facebook

I believe you have to log into Facebook in order to see the above.
To those who don't have access to Facebook for whatever reason such as conspiracy theories or whatever, here's the question someone asked and the response by Peter Joseph:

Question to Peter Joseph: I would like to know your opinion on the role that IQ of individuals has in forming functional and successful societies? How does a resource based economy take into account the differing strengths and weaknesses of individuals?

For instance clinical psychologist Jordan Peterson says that conscientious people with high iq rise to the top of dominance hierarchies. These individuals are rewarded in a capitalist system. As a side note the author of the book the bell curve Edward Murray said that the large stratification in wealth will lead to an upper class of smart rich people who only create other smart rich people, and like wise a perpetual underclass. I just want to know your opinions on things like this and the whole notion of IQ.

Response from Peter Joseph: First, IQ measures a specific form of intelligence and nowhere in any research correlating IQs have I found reason to believe that people with higher IQs are more moral, ethical or even functional. They may have unique, specific capacities (like a math prodigy) but such people are generally no less emotional, biased or subjective than a person with an average IQ.

Morally, the issue isn’t IQ - it is the social/incentive structure these varied capacity humans find themselves. If the social system rewards competition, exploitation and “winning”, you will see Machiavellian behavior amplified in the “high IQ” community. And yes, they may likely win at the game moreso and make it to the top of the socioeconomic hierarchy. But that is a structural result, in synergy with human biology. This is not to be confused with any idea that capitalism properly “elevates” those most deserving, as I think Peterson implies.

And that certainly isn’t a characteristic of any society I would ever call “successful”. Having the best market gaming agents fighting their way to the top isn’t an attribute of social success at all. It is one of disfunction. Put another way, if you raise a high IQ person in a Nazi-like environment, odds are they will just become a better Nazi, more quickly and more efficiently.

Regarding your Murray note: “Upper class of smart rich people who only create other smart rich people” again assumes “smart” here means most Machiavellian, in truth. Innovation is not really an issue of IQ because innovation is a social process with no start or end points.

And while I do not dismiss the importance of healthy minds, such as the fact the condition of poverty literally drops children’s IQs (up to 18 pts in one study), often hurting their cognitive capacities for life, to argue that high IQ individuals have any more importance to society in terms of its success is a loaded proposition. It is simply far more complex than that, especially given IQ also has an environmental basis of causality rather than just genetic. Obviously, we want a public with healthy and relevantly high IQs overall. But any idea that such people today are more important is misguided and rather bigoted.

In truth, all humans have differential skills, far beyond anything IQ can measure and people should be organized to network and find a common level to engage in society/progress. If an RBE was created with this new framework, the average IQ group would completely dominate the few with very high IQs, simply by force of collaborative engagement (aggregate intelligence). I say “dominate” not in the sense of hierarchy but in the sense of intellectual contribution.

A collaborate society, if properly arranged, would debunk any notion of modern commercial “genius”. Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Elon Musk, Mark Zukerburg, Jeff Bezos, Warren Buffet… these are not smart people in any social sense. They are simply good/lucky game players, often stealing ideas as they go, engaging brute economic competition in order to sell whatever they can. The more they sell, the smarter they appear. It is a grand illusion.

My comment: I have to wonder if what Peter Joseph said can be equated to eugenics and dysgenics being an illusion.

Summer Perry's Comment to Peter Joseph's Response: Yes, like Peter mentioned, poverty does have a huge impact on brain development, important to keep in mind that socioeconomic disparity is bad for everyone, including when the wealthy get educational shortcuts.

We don’t have a great grasp on the understanding of intelligence and studies have suggested that EQ, emotional intelligence, is more important in developing a successful career, for example.

Most likely there will always be a place for healthy competition, especially in a more equal system or rbe as humans will always be driven to cultivate skills, perform, play games, create art. Any practice that is nurtured will shine and will most likely always be admired and respected in society, regardless of how people pay their bills, or don’t if bills no longer exist. (don’t have citations on hand, but all the above can be googled)

My comment: Wow, Summer Perry reminds me of myself a while ago about emotional intelligence being a legitimate form of intelligence. :)

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:19 pm

What you find on the internet about INTJ women is usually wrong. The majority of the descriptions are that of an ISTJ. Structured and detailed? Not in the slightest. Slightly disorganized but a method to the madness.

Source: Getting to the Heart of the INTJ Female

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:30 pm

serenesam wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:19 pm
What you find on the internet about INTJ women is usually wrong. The majority of the descriptions are that of an ISTJ. Structured and detailed? Not in the slightest. Slightly disorganized but a method to the madness.

Source: Getting to the Heart of the INTJ Female
madness:

1. The condition of being mentally deranged.

1. insanity; lunacy

1. the state of being mad; insanity.

Source: madness - The Free Dictionary

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:45 pm

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:58 pm

It sure is interesting that every time when Lauren Southern makes a Youtube video having to do with relationships, tons of MGTOWs show up.

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:04 pm

I believe that one misconception out there in the world is to assume that xNTJs correlate perfectly with the title of being a villain or super-villain. The reason why television shows portray a villain/super-villain as xNTJ is because it’s definitely much more interesting than having a show where in every single episode, the “bad guy” constantly loses. It amazes me why some people are incapable of seeing the possibility that you could also have a smart villain or smart super-villain that is xSTJ. In fact, one could argue that oh I don’t know, when one browses the internet, encounters some MBTI internet forums and views them as a guest, that a lot of the typings of fictional characters by folks in the MBTI community are actually wrong especially when typing up some villains or super-villains. I saw somewhere that the average IQ of a serial killer was 94.7. Now, one could argue that if one were to browse the internet, there’s plenty of serial killers with high IQs. Sure, but how many of them are actually xNTJs? Do they not see that it’s possible to be a high IQ xSTJ? The debate then becomes to what extent do you value cognitive function theory as opposed to the four straight dimensions/dichotomies. You see, whether or not you are arguing for or against cognitive function theory or the four big letters of MBTI, I still remain confident that N-types or folks with Ni or Ne as their Dominant or Auxiliary Function are less evil than S-types. Intuition consists of that which is mystical not necessarily in the sense of the supernatural, paranormal, or even spiritual but more of that which is difficult to explain or understand akin to “esotericism” for a lack of better words. Some people like see pairings as if every little thing/variable is necessarily dependent upon another thing/variable when in fact that may not necessarily be the case. So for example, one may deduce that xNTJs are evil because of the pairing of either Ni + Te or Te + Ni. Why would Ni necessarily be contingent/dependent upon Te or why would Te necessarily be contingent/dependent upon Ni? If memory serves me correctly, I believe some theorists (I believe it was some folks from Personality Hacker) have suggested that Auxiliary Function is actually the most difficult to develop. So in the case of the INTJ, how is one supposed to view certain INTJs if for whatever reason, you’re not really witnessing any or much of that Te function? Another thing you have to consider is the Dominant-Tertiary Loop so in the case of the INTJ, it would be Ni-Fi. How is one supposed to view certain INTJs that are more Ni-Fi as opposed to Ni-Te? You see, pairings in essence could be any several combinations ranging from the Dominant Function to the Inferior or Fourth Function (I would say). I’m not too sure about whether the range of pairings can go from the first function to the eight function (which would include the shadow functions) unless maybe with the possibility of someone with a mental disorder. In the case of the ENTJ, being Dominant Te would certainly make them more evil than INTJs (in theory) and this would also be supported in terms of looking at them from the big letter perspective because Extraverts are more psychopathic/evil than Introverts as some have suggested. This would then beg the question of to what degree/extent is Te or Extraverted Thinking actually a function that is evil/psychopathic and I believe that could be an interesting debate. Even with all that in mind, I still believe that ENTJs are less evil than the ESTJs as astonishing as that may seem to certain individuals. You see, even if I were to factor in the Dominant-Tertiary Loop of the ENTJ, because it would be Te-Se, Se has an aura of “cool” and “edgy” as opposed to Si which is more “lifeless” and “cold.” Between having an ENTJ best friend and having an ESTJ best friend, I’ll definitely go for the ENTJ best friend because he/she will likely be “trendy, fashionable, cool, and edgy.” All that right there is “lifeful” and “organic” as opposed to “lifeless” and “inorganic.” In addition and once again, with regard to the Dominant-Tertiary Loop of the ENTJ, Te is not necessarily dependent/contingent upon Se and Se is not necessarily dependent/contingent upon Te. In fact, I have to wonder if one could argue that any MBTI type could reside in any of their first four cognitive functions independently without any pairing or even a combination of several functions whatsoever. So for the ENTJ, this would also include Fi. I’ll go ahead and end this with one of my favorite sayings of all time and that is that correlation does not imply causation. :)

Source used in the above post: Serial Killers with an Abnormally High or Low IQ / Intelligence

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:40 pm

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:48 pm

Interestingly, some of these conditioned genes work only if they come from the mother. If that same gene is inherited from the father, it is deactivated.

Source: Did you know that intelligence is inherited from mothers?

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:20 pm

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:31 pm

Note the following taken from the description of the above Youtube video:

Civic nationalists, and radical individualists, are in denial of the implications of a demographic shift in the west.

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:08 pm

serenesam wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:31 pm
Note the following taken from the description of the above Youtube video:

Civic nationalists, and radical individualists, are in denial of the implications of a demographic shift in the west.
"It is necessary that I should die for my people; but my spirit will rise from the grave and the whole world will know that I was right." - Adolf Hitler

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:03 pm

crow
MBTI type: INFJ

Post by crow » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:09 pm

Too bad about her fake baby-girl voice. She'd be good if she was just herself.